BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I Am Boycotting.

Madon

• Backroom

The biggest visual protest to date has been the boycotters. With the Wolves game the target of multiple protests, we need to be armed with a few plans to ensure at least 1 hits the target.

With this in mind I am on the lookout for 50 – 100 supporters which are boycotting, who can do a 2 second video on their phone whilst saying three words – “I Am Boycotting”. I am on the lookout for people of all ages and ethnicity’s to really mix it up a bit.

The plan is to do a video on a YouTube channel, which will start with footage of a packed Ewood Park, then all the “I Am Boycotting” quotes will be played one after another. At the end of the video it will then go black and give details of the 18/75 protest with the slogan “Who is really boycotting?”

This video will be released the night before the game with a press release and will hopefully make a very strong statement.

You are able to upload video files to the Contact Us page where we will then be able to receive and edit them.

Many thanks,

www.venkysout.com

If you have trouble uploading videos to the website please PM me and I can pass you my number to send it me via WhatsApp or MMS.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I respect the boycotters opinion, but do not agree with it.

THIS IS WHY.

I live and work in the South of England - East Sussex to be exact.

I work for two private members club.

One being CAMRA's National club of the year 2016 - interested folk can check that out.

The other is in Brighton, so private, it is invite only - to the extent I have often thought, if I quit, I'd get a broken leg and not a p45.

I get more in tips in this club, in one day / night shift, than my wages from both clubs combined.

I visit and am in contact with breweries / distributers up and down the country. When I visit, I often wear a Rovers shirt, hat etc.

I have lost count of the mocking I receive for being a Rovers fan. But that is part of football banter.

But mainly I hear comments of, YOU ROVERS FANS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR CLUB. IF YOU DID, YOU WOULD BE AT THE MATCHES BOTH SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM, FIRST. WHILST VENTING YOUR VENKYS OUT - SECOND. A BOYCOTT MEANS YOU DO NOT CARE.

THE LESS SUPPORTERS, THE QUIETER THE CHANT OF VENYS OUT.

I was talking to a Brighton supporter recently. Who told me of the struggles they had with bad owners. They lost their ground etc etc.

He was involved with all the campaigns at the time to remove the owners of their club.

He said, we considered a boycott. But decided, the owners needed to hear from US, to see US. It showed we cared. We cheered our team, we cried together, we moaned together. We kept fighting together. We showed our faces, we didn't hide from the owners. Our club was not going to go bust - no matter what.

Something to consider folks.

Blackburn Rovers is a community club. What have the basic wage folk at the club done wrong? NOTHING. They need their jobs, just as we need ours.

A boycott, onl damages their jobs. Not Venkys etc.

Venkys couldn't care less whether we're there or not. If we attend, whatever we shout is not heard, whatever we do is ignored. We're bums on seats and therefore in their world all is well. This is why for many, refusal to enter the ground to watch our club, a club we love, is the only way to protest. I want the buzz of going to Ewood. I crave it. But it's gone under the current ownership set up and there is no way to get it back that we have found so far. Our owners wouldn't see us if we were there, because they're not and they don't watch us.

THIS IS WHY.

One being CAMRA's National club of the year 2016 - interested folk can check that out.

The other is in Brighton, so private, it is invite only - to the extent I have often thought, if I quit, I'd get a broken leg and not a p45.

I get more in tips in this club, in one day / night shift, than my wages from both clubs combined.

I visit and am in contact with breweries / distributers up and down the country. When I visit, I often wear a Rovers shirt, hat etc.

I have lost count of the mocking I receive for being a Rovers fan. But that is part of football banter.

But mainly I hear comments of, YOU ROVERS FANS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR CLUB. IF YOU DID, YOU WOULD BE AT THE MATCHES BOTH SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM, FIRST. WHILST VENTING YOUR VENKYS OUT - SECOND. A BOYCOTT MEANS YOU DO NOT CARE.

I was talking to a Brighton supporter recently. Who told me of the struggles they had with bad owners. They lost their ground etc etc.

He was involved with all the campaigns at the time to remove the owners of their club.

He said, we considered a boycott. But decided, the owners needed to hear from US, to see US. It showed we cared. We cheered our team, we cried together, we moaned together. We kept fighting together. We showed our faces, we didn't hide from the owners. Our club was not going to go bust - no matter what.

Blackburn Rovers is a community club. What have the basic wage folk at the club done wrong? NOTHING. They need their jobs, just as we need ours.

An average post up to:

''I live and work in the South of England - East Sussex to be exact''

then it went South.

THIS IS WHY.

I don't want to derail this thread but can I ask you how you financially support Rovers? The last sentence just sounds like you want to sent anybody who is boycotting on a quilt trip which frankly I find offensive.

• Backroom

Just to confirm, I have a season ticket and I am not a boycotter.

However, this video is for maximum impact and is to go hand in hand with the 1875 protest vs Wolves - which I will be taking part in.

To be fair, I'm very close to a full on boycott, the passion is slowly getting sucked out of me to the point where I now find myself hardly celebrating when we score which is rather depressing. We need to get Venkys Out.

Will the website get them out? Probably not.

Will the fundraisers get them out? Probably not.

Will this video get them out? Probably not.

Will the 1875 protest get them out? Probably not.

However all these are small jabs and like Glen has said previously if you keep jabbing away it won't be long before you find that killer blow.

• Backroom

Will the videos be posted on venkysout.com

Yes, plus all over social media and sent to various press outlets prior to the Wolves match.

Another way of sending me a video clip is by Facebook messenger. I am called Matt McDonough.

• Backroom

Good idea, a would add groups could also do we are boycotting. Who is doing the editing it needs to look good. And no harm holding a venkysout card at the same time ☺

I will collect all the videos and was planning on trying my hand at editing but if anyone is a pro at this kind of thing please get in touch.

I see this totally different to Pafell. By boycotting now it is an action that could make a difference. Talking about jobs at Ewood the best way to save them is by bringing fans back to Ewood. The only way this is going to happen is by a change of ownership or at the very least Venky's engaging with the fans.

As Gumboot's said the Venky's are not here they do not care about any Venky's out chants. I see the only reason of the moving of the camera gantry and family stand just to make the ground look fuller on tv. They are bothered about what what people see. The low crowd at the Crewe game made more news headlines than any Venky's out chants have.

Were do we think the crowds will be in 3 or 4 seasons time if the Venky's carry on running the club as they are? The boycotting will happen naturally, it just won't be called a boycott. Do you think everybody will still be in a job at Ewood then? I see it better trying to make a difference now, if not it is going to happen any way.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Brighton gates above - over the years. I know they've had ground problems of course but...?

Another good idea Madon. Well played.

I seem to remember a group of Brighton supporters coming up to Blackburn (Mellor?) on a non match day to take the protest to the owner , the owner at the time was based up here (Late 80's /early 90's?)

Edit , it was later than I thought it was 1997

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jan/25/brighton-dreamers-miracle-fa-cup

An alternative port of call for the fans is Mellor in Lancashire. Supporters are planning a weekend camping in Archer's home village to increase the pressure on their unpopular owner …

I am a great believer in stroking a cat in the direction the fur is going.

We did have average gates of 26,000, we now have "official" home gates of under 10,000 with the reality that there are perhaps 6,000 physical bodies inside Ewood supporting Rovers.

Trying to generate a big turn out inside Ewood yelling Venky's Out simply isn't going to work whereas a boycott is already two thirds plus achieved already!

I am a great believer in stroking a cat in the direction the fur is going.

We did have average gates of 26,000, we now have "official" home gates of under 10,000 with the reality that there are perhaps 6,000 physical bodies inside Ewood supporting Rovers.

Trying to generate a big turn out inside Ewood yelling Venky's Out simply isn't going to work whereas a boycott is already two thirds plus achieved already!

Which way does a tree fall? A tree falls the way it leans. Be careful which way you lean.

As Gumboot's said the Venky's are not here they do not care about any Venky's out chants. I see the only reason of the moving of the camera gantry and family stand just to make the ground look fuller on tv. They are bothered about what what people see. The low crowd at the Crewe game made more news headlines than any Venky's out chants have.

Exactly

Is there a YouTube channel already set up? Could all the various videos (the big Sam 'crook' video, etc.) go on there too, or is it purely going to be for this video?

Don't get up to Blackburn very often these days, but everyone has a phone and it costs nothing to send a 3 second clip. I'll send over a video for you at some point today. Do you want just the person in it, or do you want them to be holding a #VenkysOut placard, or something like that?

Edit: I just found this on there, only short, but something to work with? Is it from anyone on here?

• Backroom

Is there a YouTube channel already set up? Could all the various videos (the big Sam 'crook' video, etc.) go on there too, or is it purely going to be for this video?

Don't get up to Blackburn very often these days, but everyone has a phone and it costs nothing to send a 3 second clip. I'll send over a video for you at some point today. Do you want just the person in it, or do you want them to be holding a #VenkysOut placard, or something like that?

I'm going to set up a Venkysout.com YouTube channel and start putting a few bits on there.

You can send the video however you like.. The more effective the better I'd imagine!!

Edit: I just found this on there, only short, but something to work with? Is it from anyone on here?

Why are some of the subtitles in Vietnamese? ^_^

Archived