BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Elton John Concert At Ewood

5 hours ago, cn174 said:

I've seen Elton John four times now (bit of a soft spot away from my usual rock/metal stuff - mum's fault!) and this was my fave concert. I don't know if I am biased cos it was Ewood, but certainly a cool night all around. 

Was in the Blues beforehand watching England - managed to secure my usual pre-match table :) very different crowd tho, but in a way was nice to be there without the threat of impending doom of the game to come. Thought Rovers organised it really good.  

Really glad the show was so good and all safe and wish I could have been there.

I suspect the organisation was down to Elton's experts expertise ably assisted by the real unsung hero 'workers' of Ewood and not the Chestons sort.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Really glad the show was so good and all safe and wish I could have been there.

I suspect the organisation was down to Elton's experts expertise ably assisted by the real unsung hero 'workers' of Ewood and not the Chestons sort.

Yes I would imagine if Venky's (is cheaper is better) and their powerpoint minion had anything to do with it, it would have been Elton Joan (female EJ impersonator from Grimsby, 50 quid fee two sausage rolls and a bottle of white lightning rider ) singing to backing tracks ( No need for all those band  members and technicians) on the Fan zone stage (we have already got one why do we need another on the pitch)  by candlelight (save on electric) still at the same admission price :)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 3

If Venkys managed Elton he'd be driving himself to every gig in a Nissan micra with his piano on an old wooden trailer yet they'd rent him Blenheim Palace to crash out in.and pay his roadie more than him because a mate told them he was the best roadie ever.

Crackpots

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Was there ever an 'official attendance' for this concert? Can't imagine it was a sell out! But maybe I'm just too young.

Why no concert this summer? As we need to try and raise funds for a new defender and striker. . . How Bizarre How Bizarre!

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

Was there ever an 'official attendance' for this concert? Can't imagine it was a sell out! But maybe I'm just too young.

Why no concert this summer? As we need to try and raise funds for a new defender and striker. . . How Bizarre How Bizarre!

Cancelled.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I heard that Lionel Richie was the possibility this summer

Yeh, he was going to sing 'Why' followed by 'Just go' and the venkys believed he was having a dig at them.

• Like 1