BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mural Outside Ewood

J*B

Landlord of fox wants it done , council have a received a complaint but can't do anything , police have warned artist he could be liable for criminal damage unless thwaites okay it. Thwaites have not complained and landlord very angry that painting is not continuing .

We are currently seeking rubber stamp from Thwaites , but it appears Rovers are the source of the complaint. It's not cancelled , but a delayed until the written permission is in place .

I have spoken to my father in law , who is a police officer and he says no liability can be thrown at the artist as he has a signed permission from the landlord. Although I can understand the artist concerns if legal action was taken.

Police , council and club are clutching at straws as they cannot do a thing about it. Only people who can are Thwaites, who won't want the backlash Imo

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Police have no reason to be involved so I can't see it being them, Joe Public won't know what's even going on so I can't see that scenario either. The thing hasn't even been painted yet so how can it be objected to?

Edit - thanks for the update Glen

Landlord of fox wants it done , council have a received a complaint but can't do anything , police have warned artist he could be liable for criminal damage unless thwaites okay it. Thwaites have not complained and landlord very angry that painting is not continuing .

We are currently seeking rubber stamp from Thwaites , but it appears Rovers are the source of the complaint. It's not cancelled , but a delayed until the written permission is in place .

I have spoken to my father in law , who is a police officer and he says no liability can be thrown at the artist as he has a signed permission from the landlord. Although I can understand the artist concerns if legal action was taken.

Police , council and club are clutching at straws as they cannot do a thing about it. Only people who can are Thwaites, who won't want the backlash Imo

Didn't Thwaites need to sign to say it was ok before it started? As owners of the building? If so, why didn't they

I always thought that the police were struggling under the pressure these days and had little/no time to waste. Seems I was wrong if they've spent the last week ringing people up about protesting and attempting to prevent a mural being painted on private property.

Taxpayers money being wasted by authorities who seemingly have nothing better to do with their time than interfere with a privately funded piece of art on private property.

Hopefully the artist can get back on with it ASAP and get it finished in time for Saturday (or earlier). The main sticking point could be if Thwaites supply the beer to the ground (don't know as refuse to buy anything in the ground when I get dragged there taking my dad to the match) then the club could pull out of the deal if the mural goes ahead on their property? To be fair even if the club did that I can't see Thwaites making that much money on a match day currently anyway so shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Hopefully the artist can get back on with it ASAP and get it finished in time for Saturday (or earlier). The main sticking point could be if Thwaites supply the beer to the ground (don't know as refuse to buy anything in the ground when I get dragged there taking my dad to the match) then the club could pull out of the deal if the mural goes ahead on their property? To be fair even if the club did that I can't see Thwaites making that much money on a match day currently anyway so shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Don't give them any ideas!

Not good news Thwaites are saying no, they were contacted by police and council this morning and have decided it can't happen,

We need another wall and quick ,

Glen are the LT going to report on this, it may be a bigger story that it was blocked than it was painted, we need qoutes from the council, Thwaites and Police as to why it was stopped.

The landlord was happy, it was his idea , he signed a commissioning letter and he is deeply angry that he can't do it.

Sadly it would be wrong of anyone to go over the landlords head, when he had given permission and truth be told, up until a week ago I actually thought it was his pub.

Club intervention etc. However we move on,

Could someone please remind me of the best e-mail to contact the club on to question their stance on this?

ltalbot@rovers.co.uk

Lindsay Talbot is the supporters liaison contact

They're not right good at responding at the moment, they have to acknowledge you at the very least in three working days of your email, then give a full response within 14 days.

They might need reminding of that, we have had to remind them.

Not good news Thwaites are saying no, they were contacted by police and council this morning and have decided it can't happen,

We need another wall and quick ,

Absolute joke. It makes you wonder how far the Venky's lies and influence really spreads. I don't understand why a mural, one that isn't offensive or contains any obscenities on the side of a building, would be a matter that would concern both the police and council, it makes you wonder doesn't it. Thwaites like most business are probably just trying to avoid any possible controversy that could affect their brand. That being said shouldn't someone have contacted Thwaites prior to this project to get permission from considering they were the owners of the pub?

I agree with what other people are saying, I'm more convinced now than ever that certain key things to the protest need to be kept out of public domain. I really hope an alternative site is quickly able to be found for the mural. If not I hope all fans get wind of this and the protests are even more furious on Saturday as a result.

Glen are the LT going to report on this, it may be a bigger story that it was blocked than it was painted, we need qoutes from the council, Thwaites and Police as to why it was stopped.

The landlord was happy, it was his idea , he signed a commissioning letter and he is deeply angry that he can't do it.

Sadly it would be wrong of anyone to go over the landlords head, when he had given permission and truth be told, up until a week ago I actually thought it was his pub.

Club intervention etc. However we move on,

could this not be twisted in our favour Glen ?? "Club bans fans from painting mural of legendry owner" ??

Archived