BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protesters Meet-Up Before Wolves

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart that's a great post. Passionate.

Only thing I would say is about the 10-15K fans who will continue to stay away.

I agree they will stay away....

Reason why.

14,900 of them won't even know that there are new protests or have any engagement with current situation.

Emphasis has been on converting 8000 Parsons instead of inspiring 15000 Abbeys.

One group have a database of these lost fans but so far refuse to pass it to the people who can use it. So who's side are they on?

What ARE the plans for 18/75?

I intended to try to remain outside the ground until about 15 minutes, then go through the turnstile and walk leisurely along the Riverside, go up the steps and take my seat at around 18 to 20 minutes.

Then, on 75 minutes to get up, go to the steps walk down to the front and leisurely walk along towards the Blackburn End and out of the ground.

I have spoken to several people who have said they would be prepared to stand at the front of the Riverside to watch the match and go to their seat on 18 minutes and leave the seat on 75 minutes to watch the game standing at the front until the final whistle.

If we on this messageboard don't know the proper plans, how do we expect others to know?

I personally think it is a silly idea and that throwing plastic chickens "en masse" onto the field to stop the game would be better, even though we would be copying Charlton/Coventry.

But if we cannot organise the distribution of leaflets, how the hell can we organise plastic chickens?

• Backroom

Now I am no fan of this flashing light thing we regularly see at games.. however, vs Forest when they were all going off it got me thinking.

The lights certainly catch the eye, if everyone who is walking out of the ground on the 75th minute has the flash on their phone it'll make a bit more of a scene and may encourage more people to get up and follow?

Just a suggestion!

1. What ARE the plans for 18/75?

I intended to try to remain outside the ground until about 15 minutes, then go through the turnstile and walk leisurely along the Riverside, go up the steps and take my seat at around 18 to 20 minutes.

Then, on 75 minutes to get up, go to the steps walk down to the front and leisurely walk along towards the Blackburn End and out of the ground.

I have spoken to several people who have said they would be prepared to stand at the front of the Riverside to watch the match and go to their seat on 18 minutes and leave the seat on 75 minutes to watch the game standing at the front until the final whistle.

If we on this messageboard don't know the proper plans, how do we expect others to know?

I personally think it is a silly idea and that throwing plastic chickens "en masse" onto the field to stop the game would be better, even though we would be copying Charlton/Coventry.

But if we cannot organise the distribution of leaflets, how the hell can we organise plastic chickens?

the leaflets were organised on Tuesday. Saturday ,for me was enough time as I worked .

What ARE the plans for 18/75?

For me, i believe what happens between the 18th and 75th minute is key, i have stated recently that we all know Charlton do and we all know what we need to do, for these comments i had a chief inspector visit my house on Wednesday informing me that they don't wanna be arresting people and don't wanna be banning people but they will not tolerate match disruption, they admitted the club are terrified of the whistles and want it stopping as soon as possible.

I am not encouraging anyone to do anything, however i'll state again my belief that what happens during the walk in and the walk out is vital ;)

Guys, I would be grateful if someone could send me a PM advising on where to sit for the game? Where are you lot (protesters) going to be? I don't want to be sat in the middle of a bunch of cappy-hlappers.

The public forum is obviously not the place to chat about this.

I mentioned this before and it is a bit of a cop out as I wouldn't risk my job, livelihood or getting any sort of record for doing it.

However you don't need 100 people to invade the pitch to cause a disturbance.

If you had 6 separate pitch invaders go on 5 minutes apart, and all got on the pitch and held up play, you've got ample disruption for people watching to think "what the hell is going on".

If it kept happening, it would be curious to know what the ref would actually do !

And, incase you are reading this from the club , if I am thinking ideas up like this whilst at work then imagine what the more militant supporters are coming up with in private.

This is the first game I've looked forward to in a long while :-)

For me, i believe what happens between the 18th and 75th minute is key, i have stated recently that we all know Charlton do and we all know what we need to do, for these comments i had a chief inspector visit my house on Wednesday informing me that they don't wanna be arresting people and don't wanna be banning people but they will not tolerate match disruption, they admitted the club are terrified of the whistles and want it stopping as soon as possible.

I am not encouraging anyone to do anything, however i'll state again my belief that what happens during the walk in and the walk out is vital ;)

This just emphasises the need to do important planning away from a public forum.

Good, useful information from the police, though. about the fear of whistles...so.... many thanks for that....

Guys, I would be grateful if someone could send me a PM advising on where to sit for the game? Where are you lot (protesters) going to be? I don't want to be sat in the middle of a bunch of cappy-hlappers.

The public forum is obviously not the place to chat about this.

Quite. Could someone PM me, as well.

Good post Stuart. I am just as disillusioned as you. Change nothing and nothing will change. It is sad, but our fans seemingly believe they cannot influence anything and have lost the will to try.

The Venkys took the enjoyment away from supporting for a frail old lady slowing passing away and for that I will never forgive. Ive a lot of anger and frustration inside for the Raos.

Equally I have been amazed with our fans ever since the Raos arrived. Amazed and disappointed how gullible they were initially, how divided we became, how lethargic we have been ever since.

Not only do we lack the will as an entity, we lack the intelligence and nous to organise and formulate an effective, targeted, campaign.

Off to work. Best of luck to the tavelling fans.

One group have a database of these lost fans but so far refuse to pass it to the people who can use it. So who's side are they on?

Because they want a seat on the board. Doesn't matter if it's with Venkys or without. Their agenda is stifling their aims

Archived