BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #findpasha

ABBEY

I don't know what it is or why it is the case but when you read that back it sends chills down mine spine . Every answer as vague as the Next. Cheston seems really guarded and uncomfortable in answering basic questions he really should know the answers to. I remember thinking when someone questioned Paul senior about his wife's agency how swiftly and cleverly the conversation got diverted. If their is nothing sinister going on then in one meeting all these issues could have been cleared up. Cut to x amounts of meetings later and I'm more uncomfortable, less trusting and more in the dark than I have ever felt.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't know what it is or why it is the case but when you read that back it sends chills down mine spine . Every answer as vague as the Next. Cheston seems really guarded and uncomfortable in answering basic questions he really should know the answers to. I remember thinking when someone questioned Paul senior about his wife's agency how swiftly and cleverly the conversation got diverted. If their is nothing sinister going on then in one meeting all these issues could have been cleared up. Cut to x amounts of meetings later and I'm more uncomfortable, less trusting and more in the dark than I have ever felt.

You mean....

Andy Bayes: Ladies and gents we’re going to move on to the players agents and development  of the academy players.  A couple of the supporters groups are asking about the role of agents and concerns they have, mentioning the Doyen agency, the board links with those and clarification, too, on SEM and Kentaro involvement. Are they involved with the club, even in an advisory position? Paul, could you clarify all of those points that I’ve just made, please?

Paul Senior: Absolutely. In terms of we have no agency advising us. My role is to deal with football and operations and in terms of on an advisory level, I take no counsel from any agency or agent.

Fan: What about your wife?

Paul Senior: (laughs) well I take advice from her on non-football matters. But that’s a good question – my partner does many things and we have none of her players at the football club. Let’s not get into that.

James: Your wife runs her own consultancy, isn’t it? Paul, Onside Sports Management. Your wife’s?   

Paul Senior: That’s correct, yes.

James: Does she also work freelance for other agencies, sort of like a management consulting sort of type role?

Paul Senior:  She manages her own company.

James: Is that her only involvement in sports agencies, is it?

Paul Senior: That’s correct, yes.

James: Thanks, Paul.

Paul Senior: Sorry, what was the other point about Kentaro, or…?

Andy Bayes: Yes. SEM and Kentaro - is there any involvement from them, even in an advisory position?

Paul Senior: No. We have no reliance on agents, we have a relationship with agents based on agents who can bring in players to the club and it’s incumbent on me to have a good network. My network determines my net worth, as it were. But fundamentally we’re player-drive, not agent-driven. If there’s a player that... I can’t look back and I understand the tensions of the past, I understand that. But in terms of looking forwards if a player is good enough and they meet our criteria then we will obviously have to deal with all forms of agents. Most players have agents.

Andy Bayes: Quick question form the floor.

Paul Keough: I think most people in this room or most supporters at home will be pleased to hear that we’re no longer linked to SEM and Kentaro. Does that also mean that Suhail Pasha no longer works for Kentaro? Because he did previously.

Paul Senior: Well I can’t comment on what he previously did but I do know that at this moment in time he’s not employed by those organisations; he’s employed by the owners. He looks after a number of the, or has a relationship with a number of the owners’ portfolios, including this Football Club - working in other countries as well. I have not been aware of any link or relationships between a professional at that level. He’s employed by the owners, by the club.

Paul Keough: Thank you.

That's the one pal. Sorry what was that about kentaro. Why didn't he just stay on topic openly and honestly answer questions regarding his wife's business considering he is fully aware of past misdemeanors re agents. Then we all feel better and no conspiracy theories start doing the rounds. Instead your left with suspicion and the trust can never be built to believe they are doing the best for the club and fans. It stinks to high heaven and it's not just that question it's every question that gets asked to every employee of brfc past and present at every meeting. 

I followed up the Bi Annual meeting with the club with an email to Mike Cheston asking for clarity on Suhails name and job title as it appeared a little unclear on the night. After a second email reminding Mike about the clubs own customer charter regarding replying to emails he confirmed the following details.

I can confirm that Suhail’s full name is Suhail Anwar Pasha Shaikh (Shaikh is the surname).
I can confirm Suhail’s job title is Operations and Management Consultant.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Must have been awkward.

Cheston doesn't even know his name :unsure:

We once had a Fawlty Towers episode like that, were Basil forgot the name of one of his prominent guests. As an old Smths song goes, though "This joke isn't funny anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

The vacancy advertised in summer 2016 by Mike Cheston was not for a 'Operations and Management Consultant'.

Perhaps at the next meeting someone could ask Cheston at what point the job title changed. Cheston has already confirmed that the vacancy was filled by Suhail so is he doing 2 jobs? Or was the original vacancy falsely advertised?

Also how the selection/recruitment process for that vacancy took place. Who conducted the interviews, how many were interviewed, why was Suhail selected and how does it work when Suhail has more power than Cheston yet Cheston was the one offering the job and is the most senior staff member at the club?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Pressure building in the background on Suhail, FA now being quizzed over this fellow.

Is there anything I can do to help you to hasten his departure?

This is going to be an unpopular question, but why would we want him gone?

It's no secret that at the time we didn't have a club/Rao go-between, things just didn't happen at the club, because nobody could get sign-off on things.

Their first attempt at using somebody as a go-between was obviously a disaster as it was Shebby.

But now we have somebody who hides from the limelight, doesn't want to engage with the fans like Shebby tried to as still provides that link to the Raos, so stuff can actually get done.

I fear that removing him before the Raos are removed will leave us in a much worse position and won't help us rid the club of them one jot

Just now, Glenn said:

It's no secret that at the time we didn't have a club/Rao go-between, things just didn't happen at the club, because nobody could get sign-off on things.

Their first attempt at using somebody as a go-between was obviously a disaster as it was Shebby.

But now we have somebody who hides from the limelight, doesn't want to engage with the fans like Shebby tried to as still provides that link to the Raos, so stuff can actually get done.

I fear that removing him before the Raos are removed will leave us in a much worse position and won't help us rid the club of them one jot

I suppose it is part of the plan to get rid of Venkys. Given how much they have had their figures burnt with everyone one else, even Shebby, if he is removed, it may be the straw that broke the camels back.

Just now, Glenn said:

I guess opinions will differ based on what 'stuff' he is perceived to 'get done'.

I have no doubts 100% of his loyalty is to the family, not the club. Let's be very clear on that.

But my understanding is the Raos trust nobody outside a very select group of people. Suhail is inside that group, nobody else at Ewood is. 

When we met Suhail in India (long before his current position here) he was introduced as kind of a fixer, a go to guy for getting things done by the family. Certainly he was the only person we spoke with over there (including the brothers) that seemed to 'get it' and didn't treat us as either a threat or an annoyance (to plenty of people on that trip, I'm sure we were both, we were a bunch of oiks 'playing with the big boys'. to some of them .... ok, one of them specifically, but I digress).

We jumped through the hoops we needed to to get a sit down with Balaji, but I always felt the time we spent with Suhail in the lead up to that was more productive, He was the one who didn't just pay lip service to our beefs, but seemed interested in what our solutions where too.

Did he actually achieve anything? Who knows, it still took them a lifetime to remove SK, so possibly not. But I felt things were much more likely to happen and promises were likely to be kept, by him, than by Shebby.

Archived