SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #findpasha

ABBEY

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suhail Shaikh.

Shaikh is an Indian Muslim Family/ Surame. I wonder did he ever try to engage with the local Muslim population.

If he was not around the owners would just have another Indian goffer or nobody.

Sometimes it's better the devil you don't see.

Shaikh it is for me from now and not Suhail which is too friendly.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Glenn suhail was here day one in fact before as I've had it confirmed to me that JEROME took him to games before Venkys purchased the club. He was a frequent visitor at Kentaro offices in London.

Interesting. I'd missed that detail.

• Backroom

Since Suhail "officially" arrived at the club, we've sacked Bowyer, lied to Paul Lambert to the point where he just walked away after six months, hired Owen Coyle for long enough to get us relegated, hired a Director of Football who himself quit after 123 days in the job and are now facing a nightmare scenario in League 1. 

We were better off when Bowyer was the go-between. 

Prior to Suhail's appearance on the scene at Ewood we had Gary Bowyer running the show and doing a good job. Whilst people have different views on his managerial abilities he lasted in position for more than 2 years during which we finished in the top 10 twice and never looked likely to go down. I suspect that as more time goes by more people will appreciate the job Bowyer did in the circumstances and top 10 Championship will be dreamed about, as the top 10 Premier League under Allardyce is. Short of getting promotion Bowyer was doing just fine for me thanks. A trustworthy man who I could relate to making the decisions and signings for the good of BRFC.

Since Suhail has been one the scene Bowyer was dumped out of the blue mid season, Paul Lambert was recruited then had to walk away, Owen Coyle was appointed (presumably by Suhail) and had to be sacked, then Mowbray was appointed (by Paul Senior) who couldn't keep us up and now Senior has gone after 5 months and Mowbray is likely to follow. Its been absolute chaos and Suhail has been there throughout.

I think I preferred things before - when Bowyer was in charge and was running the team and we behaved like a proper football club and could focus on results rather than people with scuttling around in the shadows with confusing names/job titles and motives.

Whatever it is that he 'gets done' it hasn't done Blackburn Rovers an ounce of good. He might be clued up, a nice guy, unassuming, he might get it, but the fact is that despite all this under his watch we've reverted back to the chaos of pre-Bowyer and are now at our lowest ebb in the club's long history.

Lets be honest, other than the finances being a lot more restricted and him not speaking in public have things been any better under Suhail than when Shebby was here?

EDIT - DE Beat me to it

14 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I also quite like that he's happy to hide in the shadows and be the fans boogey man, rather than Shebby's 'love me, love me, love meeeeeeeeee' approach

Shebby worked his way through 4 managers in less than a year. Pasha isn't far behind now with Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle and soon to be Mowbray out the door in the space of 18 months.

I quite like the approach where we don't have people running the club who aren't qualified and don't know what they're doing. On the evidence so far Suhail is another one of those. The only reason he seems to be here is because these ridiculous owners will only listen to a small number of people of whom he is one. Mindblowing.

That's before we get onto the boardroom fiasco of having just one active director as an essential requirement as all the others have quit or been sacked during Suhail's period at the club.

People can slate Derek Shaw all day long but at least he was a local businessman with extensive experience of running a football club. This bloke spends half his time abroad and is more used to ringing taxis for Balaji than appointing football managers.

53 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I also quite like that he's happy to hide in the shadows and be the fans boogey man, rather than Shebby's 'love me, love me, love meeeeeeeeee' approach

If he recommended hiring Coyle to Bling & co or more to the point didn't venomously recommend they shouldn't hire him if he was presented by someone else then that alone is enough to show he shouldn't be anywhere near the job. He might get things done quicker but just like Singh they are mostly the wrong things and given his Kentaro links just who is advising him ?

Just now, Steve1 said:

Most Indians are Muslim 

Venkys out

Suhail out !!!!!

In India 80% are Hindu, just short of 1 billion.  14% are Muslim around 172 million.  The remaining 6% are split between Buddhist, Christian, Etc.

Apart from that I agree, Venkys must go!

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

As JHRover touches on, if Cheston was on holiday and didn't interview Coyle, surely Suhail must have authorised that decision.  Other than that move, we have no idea what he does other that pass messages from Ewood, and vice verse, to India for a healthy salary. Pointless.

Just now, Hasta said:

As JHRover touches on, if Cheston was on holiday and didn't interview Coyle, surely Suhail must have authorised that decision.  Other than that move, we have no idea what he does other that pass messages from Ewood, and vice verse, to India for a healthy salary. Pointless.

Played a blinder in January didn't he (Suhail). The man supposed to be a good communication tool between here and india

Scarpered off no fees spent then came back, relegated soon after.

Just now, Hasta said:

If he's been here from the start as some suggest, then why does he still have a job anywhere within their business if we are the quality of  work he produces.

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

I have no doubts 100% of his loyalty is to the family, not the club. Let's be very clear on that.

But my understanding is the Raos trust nobody outside a very select group of people. Suhail is inside that group, nobody else at Ewood is. 

When we met Suhail in India (long before his current position here) he was introduced as kind of a fixer, a go to guy for getting things done by the family. Certainly he was the only person we spoke with over there (including the brothers) that seemed to 'get it' and didn't treat us as either a threat or an annoyance (to plenty of people on that trip, I'm sure we were both, we were a bunch of oiks 'playing with the big boys'. to some of them .... ok, one of them specifically, but I digress).

We jumped through the hoops we needed to to get a sit down with Balaji, but I always felt the time we spent with Suhail in the lead up to that was more productive, He was the one who didn't just pay lip service to our beefs, but seemed interested in what our solutions where too.

Did he actually achieve anything? Who knows, it still took them a lifetime to remove SK, so possibly not. But I felt things were much more likely to happen and promises were likely to be kept, by him, than by Shebby.

Glenn as they say appearances can be deceptive & you need to remember on his LinkedIn profile he states his expertise is food and biscuits so he has no experience in running a football club plus I believe he has been seen at games with JA so it begs the question who is advising him?

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

I agree it's good to keep certain things under wraps & to conduct transfers privately but this guy is in no way experienced 2 do this job & according to last night's radio interview things need to move very quickly esp as we need to sign 1 & 2k a week players! Then there is always the status of his immigration does he have a permit to work here & then you have the issue with if he has been here from the start what part did he play in the 1st championship season with all the sackings then if the stories are true about him being refused a permit why have they turned him down maybe because he doesn't have the relevant experience to do the job then you have the issue with MC admitting he can pick up the phone to the owners anytime but he prefers 2 go through Pasha begging the question as we are so heavily in debt why are we paying this guy & that's all before you tackle the squad & have everything in place by preseason & as this guy is not experienced in concluding transfers to have people hiding in the shadows making decisions on behalf of the football club answerable to no-one & there's still the issue about telling Mrs D about the fall in revenue from league 1 & that's before the issue that all company directors must attend these EFL supporter meetings yet when it's been asked about him attending a meeting there's always an excuse  to me his appointment with all the secrecy doesn't look or feel right & tells me something sinister is going on & I don't like it!

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

He's a jammy dodger.

He certainly put our Club on a Rocky Road. Hopefully he and Venkys will Breakaway soon or we'll be Custard Creamed!

The be all and end all is that he is running our club, in the loosest sense of the word, from the shadows. Cheston is little more than a figurehead puppet who ticks all the boxes and signs off the contracts but his boss is Suhail. Without Suhail nothing can get done.

Who sacked Bowyer and his staff?

Who appointed Lambert and his staff?

Who appointed Coyle and his staff?

Who gave authorisation or got authorisation to remove Coyle and his staff?

Who brought in Paul Senior?

Who oversaw the departures of Derek Shaw, Alan Myers and Paul Senior? (3 people with substantial experience in the football industry).

I am very concerned that our football club is in practice being run by a man who never shows his face, never speaks, has a dubious past (links to Kentaro on his CV) and seemingly has zero experience in English football.

He might come across to people at the club as a nice man or clued up. So did Owen Coyle last summer and we know how that one worked out.

He's presided over a period of instability that comes close to what Shebby Singh delivered. He's been more subtle in doing it because he hides away and doesn't go on the radio and attend fans meetings, and he's been more limited in what he can do because Venkys have cut back on spending and won't allow spending as seen in previous years, but nonetheless he's been a constant shadow in the last 2 years of unprecended chaos and misery at this club.

I fail to see precisely what could have been worse had this guy not been here or what benefit his contact with the owners has brought. He's delivered a relegation to the 3rd division, the sale of all our best players, the departures of 3 managers possibly soon to be 4 and the departures of 3 experienced board members whilst Cheston has been left to embarrass himself and the club in a job he should never have occupied.

From where I'm sitting this guy has done nothing good whatsoever for this club. His loyalties are with his Indian bosses and their agenda doesn't appear to be compatible with what is best for BRFC.

Additional concerns surround precisely how he has managed to get onto the BRFC payroll, why the club is so determined to go to extreme lengths to conceal his identity, why Cheston pretends he doesn't even know his name or job title and why the club embarked on a sham process of advertising a vacancy at the club which was only ever intended to be for Pasha to get involved.

It's highly concerning. It cannot be right. I have concerns about committing my income to a season ticket which is going to be paying this man's wages as a club employee who is secretly running the club.

What is with the blank posts MCMC? Does it mean you agree etc?

Relevant Person’ means in respect of any Club any individual Person (and not any Entity) operating the powers that are usually associated with the powers of a director of a company incorporated under the 2006 Act (as a Company limited by shares or by guarantee).  Further, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following individuals shall in any event be deemed to qualify as a Relevant Person Relevant Person:

(a)    a director as defined by Section 250 of the 2006 Act;

(b)    a shadow director as defined by Section 251 of the 2006 Act;

(c)    a person registered as a director or secretary of the Club with the Registrar of Companies;

(d)    a person for whom a Form AP01 (to be filed with the Registrar of Companies) has been completed in relation to the Club;

(e)    a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the board of directors of the Club;

(f)    a person who has been elected to become a director of the Club at a meeting of the members of the Club;

(g)    a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the persons constituting the management of the Club are accustomed to act;
(h)    any Authorised Signatory;

(i)    any duly appointed signatory (as that term is utilised in Regulation 44.1);

(j)    any 'chief executive' officer, 'general manager', 'chief operating officer' or any other person undertaking any duties which would objectively be considered to be equivalent to those roles;

(k)    any person appointed by those with Control over the Club to represent their interests in the management of the Club; and

(l)    a person who has Control over the affairs of the Club,

but the definition of 'Relevant Person' expressly excludes any external legal, financial or other professional advisers where they are acting in a capacity regulated by a professional regulatory body and do not hold any interest (in excess of a 5% shareholding) in the Club.

So  given the FA silence over the question which I asked about suhail and whether relevant persons paperwork had been received and the defiant silence, it's fair to assume we are probably in contempt of largely the above ruling which constitutes a rather significant part of the ownership test.

Suhail is a shadow director and to lie at the supporters consultation meeting about it is a clear disgrace.

It also lies in direct constitution that this breech also enlisted below highlight probably how and why.

2    Reporting Requirements

2.1    Clubs promoted into The League from the National League and those relegated into The League from the Premier League shall submit a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Relevant Persons to The League within 14 days of becoming a member of The League.  All other Clubs shall submit a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Relevant Persons to The League no later than 14 days before the commencement of each Season.  In all cases, the Declaration must be signed by both the Relevant Person and an Authorised Signatory (who must not be the same person).

2.2    The League may at any time by notice in writing require any Club to supply to The League, within such period as The League shall reasonably specify, but in any event within 14 days of the date on which the notice was issued, such information as The League may specify to enable The League to satisfy itself that the Club has complied with the provisions of Rule 2.1.

2.3    If at any time after a Club makes the submission of Declarations referred to in Rule 2.1 another  person proposes to become a Relevant Person of that Club (including for the avoidance of doubt by virtue of being a shadow director or acquiring Control of the Club):

(a)    the Club shall no later than 10 Normal Working Days prior to the date on which it is anticipated that such person shall become a Relevant Person submit to The League a duly completed Declaration in respect of that person;

(b)    within 5 Normal Working Days of receipt thereof The League shall advise the Club of the time-frame within which The League, acting reasonably, expects to be able to finalise its enquiries in respect of that person; and

(c)    following completion of those enquiries, The League shall advise the Club in accordance with Rule 3.1 whether or not The League considers that the person is subject to a Disqualifying Condition.

2.4    A person who proposes to be a Relevant Person may not do anything that brings him within the definition of a Relevant Person, and the Club may not permit him to do anything that brings him within that definition, unless and until the Club has received confirmation from The League in accordance with Rule 2.3(c) that as far as The League is aware the person is not subject to any Disqualifying Condition.

2.5    A Relevant Person shall, within 14 days of any change in any of the particulars set out within his Declaration, provide an updated Declaration to his Club.

2.6    A Club shall, within 14 days of becoming aware of any change to any of the particulars previously submitted by the Club to The League, provide an updated Declaration to The League.

Theyve been lying about shadow directors since goodness only knows when. I remember 4 or 5 years ago getting messages on here about shadow directors and what FA rules said about them. That was when Karen Silk (was that her name or have i made it up) was still working here

Just now, Dunnfc said:

The highlighted gummy came into force mid 2015 so certainly predate suhails "official" appointment now on record.

clear indisputable evidence 

It certainly brings the vague answer about his job role and , into sharp focus now. Are the FA going to respond to your questions, or does this need to be taken to an even bigger place?

3 hours ago, Steve1 said:

Someone needs to catch this slimy git by the balls n get him out 

Steve if it were down to me I'd set good old Abbey onto this cretin!

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The be all and end all is that he is running our club, in the loosest sense of the word, from the shadows. Cheston is little more than a figurehead puppet who ticks all the boxes and signs off the contracts but his boss is Suhail. Without Suhail nothing can get done.

Who sacked Bowyer and his staff?

Who appointed Lambert and his staff?

Who appointed Coyle and his staff?

Who gave authorisation or got authorisation to remove Coyle and his staff?

Who brought in Paul Senior?

Who oversaw the departures of Derek Shaw, Alan Myers and Paul Senior? (3 people with substantial experience in the football industry).

I am very concerned that our football club is in practice being run by a man who never shows his face, never speaks, has a dubious past (links to Kentaro on his CV) and seemingly has zero experience in English football.

He might come across to people at the club as a nice man or clued up. So did Owen Coyle last summer and we know how that one worked out.

He's presided over a period of instability that comes close to what Shebby Singh delivered. He's been more subtle in doing it because he hides away and doesn't go on the radio and attend fans meetings, and he's been more limited in what he can do because Venkys have cut back on spending and won't allow spending as seen in previous years, but nonetheless he's been a constant shadow in the last 2 years of unprecended chaos and misery at this club.

I fail to see precisely what could have been worse had this guy not been here or what benefit his contact with the owners has brought. He's delivered a relegation to the 3rd division, the sale of all our best players, the departures of 3 managers possibly soon to be 4 and the departures of 3 experienced board members whilst Cheston has been left to embarrass himself and the club in a job he should never have occupied.

From where I'm sitting this guy has done nothing good whatsoever for this club. His loyalties are with his Indian bosses and their agenda doesn't appear to be compatible with what is best for BRFC.

Additional concerns surround precisely how he has managed to get onto the BRFC payroll, why the club is so determined to go to extreme lengths to conceal his identity, why Cheston pretends he doesn't even know his name or job title and why the club embarked on a sham process of advertising a vacancy at the club which was only ever intended to be for Pasha to get involved.

It's highly concerning. It cannot be right. I have concerns about committing my income to a season ticket which is going to be paying this man's wages as a club employee who is secretly running the club.

Your not the only one JH I'm between a rock and a hard place the people who work hard at our club need all the money they can get & although few mates work at the club work hard but to think season ticket money is contributing to this guy's wages makes me feel physically sick! :angry:

51 minutes ago, Mike E said:

He certainly put our Club on a Rocky Road. Hopefully he and Venkys will Breakaway soon or we'll be Custard Creamed!

Rocky Road this cretin has destroyed the club!

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What is with the blank posts MCMC? Does it mean you agree etc?

So  given the FA silence over the question which I asked about suhail and whether relevant persons paperwork had been received and the defiant silence, it's fair to assume we are probably in contempt of largely the above ruling which constitutes a rather significant part of the ownership test.

Suhail is a shadow director and to lie at the supporters consultation meeting about it is a clear disgrace.

It also lies in direct constitution that this breech also enlisted below highlight probably how and why.

Absolutely right Dunnfc it quite clearly states that these supporters consultation meetings must be attended by all directors and if you remember at the last meeting the question was asked can Pasha attend the next meeting & Cheston seemed very defensive about inviting him & it seems when he said he'd ask him to attend I doubt he's even asked! & these people are fit and proper yeah right! :angry:

The next one will be interesting. Last time they had smooth talker Senior taking centre stage so people were able to focus on him. He was able to talk about his job and plans for the future to eat up valuable time. Now he's gone they're back down to Cheston.

Coar is a waste of space. He shouldn't attend any future meetings following his performance in the first one and his admission that he has no involvement in day to day club activities. Might as well have me sat on the table shrugging my shoulders. If Coar is on the top table those groups attending should ask him to leave before the meeting begins.

Cheston will be like a rabbit in the headlights. We can forget about Pasha attending so expect them either to appoint another puppet in the coming months to divert attention for a while or they'll wheel out some other unlucky club employee like Silvestre to fill the table up and satisfy the regs.

Archived