BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle / March On Ewood

pk1875

15672759_1561943960489449_29420959336780

With Sky TV in town and 7000 geordies, this game has to be another big statement from Rovers fans.

The march will provide a chance for boycotting or none attending fans to still be involved, They can do the march and then watch the game in local pubs like Fox & Hounds, Brown Cow, Havelock, EWMC etc

The club have confirmed that access to the Blackburn End at full time will be granted.

This needs real backing in numbers and visually the march and ground needs banners visible at every camera angle.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is anybody going to notice a few fans walking to a match on match day, especially with a couple of thousand Newcastle fans making the same journey? I don't want to pour cold water on this protest but I don't think it will work.

15672759_1561943960489449_29420959336780

Great idea but the sit-in should take place during the match - and on the pitch.

And before anyone asks no I won't be able to join in because I'm too old and I did all that sort of stuff 40 years ago.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Time for this generation to show it cares.

If anyone has a good connection with a Newcastle supporters club, then perhaps we can get some help from them too. Given that they will be taking a large slice of the ground, if we can get them on side, it will ramp it up massively.

5 replies since this was posted the day before yesterday?

I suspect this isn't generating as much interest as was hoped.

In any walk of life it is hard to motivate people into action. Apathy is easy !

The natural instinct may be to wait until somebody makes the first move and then join in later if it seems worthwhile.

If every Rovers fan who wants to make a difference joins in, if they possible can, then momentum will grow. Look at how many took part in the 18-75 protest.

We can only try. Nothing's going to happen if we don't try!! The 'sit in' is surely something most fans attending the match can get involved in.

I would encourage everyone to get invovled. 6 years of lies, deceit and corruption.

We can't stand idly by!!

Unfortunately I think it's the wrong game to do the march. Firstly a lot will be put off going into the town centre at the prospect of 7,000 geordies taking over.

Secondly it's at the end of the festive period, people won't be drinking as much and many are back at work the next day. Attending a new year fixture has always had a 'cannot be @rsed' feel about it.

I would have thought a Saturday afternoon fixture would have been better for the march.

However it is in my opinion the right fixture for the Occupy Ewood given the presence of the sky cameras.

We can only try. Nothing's going to happen if we don't try!! The 'sit in' is surely something most fans attending the match can get involved in.

Too much idealism and not enough realism with this particular idea.

Yes, thousands of people SHOULD be furious and be marching and then sitting in, but 6 years of trying this particular protest has shown that this doesn't equate to more than a hundred or so people.

The last day before everyone returns to work, folk will be looking to get home sharpish, especially if we've been given a hiding.

There needs to be a bit more thinking behind it, not what fans 'should do if they care', but what a good number of fans 'will actually do on a miserable January afternoon before heading back to work'

However it is in my opinion the right fixture for the Occupy Ewood given the presence of the sky cameras.

According to the schedules, Sky 1 - which is showing our game - starts its coverage of West Ham v Manchester United at 5.00pm (5.15 kick-off) so I doubt there will be any post match coverage from Ewood.

According to the schedules, Sky 1 - which is showing our game - starts its coverage of West Ham v Manchester United at 5.00pm (5.15 kick-off) so I doubt there will be any post match coverage from Ewood.

There is a game on before I believe aswell. So wont be much coverage after pre game or post game. Probably will be in the Sky studio in London

Unfortunately I think it's the wrong game to do the march. Firstly a lot will be put off going into the town centre at the prospect of 7,000 geordies taking over.

Secondly it's at the end of the festive period, people won't be drinking as much and many are back at work the next day. Attending a new year fixture has always had a 'cannot be @rsed' feel about it.

I would have thought a Saturday afternoon fixture would have been better for the march.

I have to agree that the idea seems to be ill conceived (without disrespecting the people trying to do something). Aside from the issues above the logistics for people who normally travel by car to Ewood (or those who travel by special bus or coach that run from various locations) will make it difficult to get to the town centre. They will either have to walk from Ewood pre match or walk back into town post match depending on where they leave their cars. Those travelling on special buses simply won't be in Blackburn early enough to participate I don't think. Then will their transport wait for an extra thirty minutes after the match?

Great idea but maybe wrong game to pick. With it being on TV and basically all about the geordies some form of in stadium protest would have been best although hopefully the sit in will be well supported.

Just a huge chant on 18 mins and 75 mins of venkys out would have got the message across imo.

Too much idealism and not enough realism with this particular idea.

Yes, thousands of people SHOULD be furious and be marching and then sitting in, but 6 years of trying this particular protest has shown that this doesn't equate to more than a hundred or so people.

The last day before everyone returns to work, folk will be looking to get home sharpish, especially if we've been given a hiding.

There needs to be a bit more thinking behind it, not what fans 'should do if they care', but what a good number of fans 'will actually do on a miserable January afternoon before heading back to work'

Protests are born out of anger. Sadly the anger has been replaced by apathy.

I'm not at all convinced about the march idea purely because it needs numbers - and is unlikely to get them. When I took part in the last two, it was the height of the anti-Venkys feeling and we had about 16,000 attendances. We got about 300 people. With about 6000 Rovers fans attending we will be lucky to get 100. This doesn't make any real statement. Sky cameras are again trained on Ewood. Why not have a 75th minute walk out again. Every time the cameras turn up we should be getting as many people as possible to walk.

The anger is likely to return but only when it is too late. Even then I imagine lots of apathy: "The club that died with a whimper".

I agree with you Stuart

I think it would be good to have fans wearing pasha masks now he has been unmasked

At least it stimulates a conversation on sky

why are bburn fans wearing these

who is he

what does he do

statement from club? declined no doubt

unwanted publicity will be uncomfortable

a few people marching from town will be unnoticed

nobody should expect boycotters to join.

They won't

I made the effort against Wolves expecting maybe 30 to 50 boycotters outside the ground.

There were 5 of us !!!!

Watch the game in the Pub and go into the Blackburn game at the end? Sorry, enough is enough, this thread is an absolute disgrace.

If you want to protest, buy a ticket and let your feelings be known throughout the game.

Protesters who are so "committed" they won't even put their money where their mouth is to the extent of forking out for a match ticket. I've seen it all now.

Perhaps the Club should pay for their ale and lay on a buffet in the Brown Cow and Fox and Hounds as well?

Archived