BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Away Grounds Next Season

Trouble is that with or without Venkys who'd bet against us going straight through League One and into League Two?

As it stands we won't have a squad in the summer. They aren't going to spend money to build one and even if they did release funds it's nigh on impossible to sign decent players without waiting for approval from India, so the decent ones will all go elsewhere.

If they do up sticks and clear off the chances are that will only be once the club goes into administration which carries with it almost certain relegation via a points deduction.

Right now I see no difference between us and where Blackpool were. It's like Venkys followed their play book completely.

League Two is almost certainly our destination. The trouble is the slower we fall the harder it will be to bounce back because we won't have any quality higher than the standard at that level.

How many current league teams have we never faced in a league game? There's the obvious ex non-league teams like Crawley and Fleetwood but also some long standing league members like Hartlepool. Anyone got the full list?

In one sense, it depends whether you include AFC Wimbledon, Shaun.

Including them, I think [i've done this with one eye on the televised game from Lincoln] there are 11 teams in the Football League we've never played in the League: AFC Wimbledon [although we played the "Crazy gang" team back in the 1980s & 90s]; Barnet; Cheltenham Town; Crawley Town; Fleetwood Town; Hartlepool United; Morecambe; Newport County; Stevenage; Wycombe Wanderers and Yeovil Town.

With our current owners, it could be only a matter of time. :(

Including them, I think [i've done this with one eye on the televised game from Lincoln] there are 11 teams in the Football League we've never played in the League: AFC Wimbledon [although we played the "Crazy gang" team back in the 1980s & 90s]; Barnet; Cheltenham Town; Crawley Town; Fleetwood Town; Hartlepool United; Morecambe; Newport County; Stevenage; Wycombe Wanderers and Yeovil Town.

We played Yeovil a few seasons back, who can forget that crucial point against them at Ewood on our charge to try and get in the play offs?

We played Yeovil about three years ago

We played Yeovil a few seasons back, who can forget that crucial point against them at Ewood on our charge to try and get in the play offs?

Thanks m1st.

Who can forget the collective battening of the hatches to claim an inspirational draw from the jaws of necessary victory. The story Robbo told is an inspiration to quitters everywhere.

• 2 months later...

Last time I visited spotland was watching rovers against dog dale in the league cup.

sadly I fear the worst as in league one as Bolton and Blackpool have found it's no easy ride back to the championship but worst of all can we stay out of administration??

42 minutes ago, Platmatt83 said:

Last time I visited spotland was watching rovers against dog dale in the league cup.

sadly I fear the worst as in league one as Bolton and Blackpool have found it's no easy ride back to the championship but worst of all can we stay out of administration??

I remember that game well.

Some local games to salivate over next season:  Oldham, Rochdale, Bury and Fleetwood (unless Fleetwood take our place in the Championship :o).

Southend is one hell of a trip I recall from many years ago.  Wimbledon away will be a new ground for me.

can't wait.......not!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, preston blue said:

Bump.

Long trips on the cards to Plymouth, Portsmouth and Southend.

I am looking forward :wacko: to Oldham, Bury and Rochdale.

I am focussing on away days next season.

Your approach to boycotting is a rather strange one PB?

It seems to have included both home and away games in recent weeks, what are you actually boycotting? 

Just now, Gav said:

Your approach to boycotting is a rather strange one PB?

It seems to have included both home and away games in recent weeks, what are you actually boycotting? 

Yes, I am full of contradiction and irony.....that is what makes me such a jolly chap.

I have boycotted buying home tickets for every game this season until the Bristol City game when I foolishly bought a ticket on the basis the game was too important and my Club needed my support; unfortunately the players could not give a toss and took me for a mug.

Just now, preston blue said:

Yes, I am full of contradiction and irony.....that is what makes me such a jolly chap.

I have boycotted buying home tickets for every game this season until the Bristol City game when I foolishly bought a ticket on the basis the game was too important and my Club needed my support; unfortunately the players could not give a toss and took me for a mug.

I was expecting something far more witty than that, you've failed miserably :P

Archived