BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Away Grounds Next Season

Just been looking at possible new away grounds next season.

I won't pay to watch Rovers at the morgue called Ewood, but do like occasional away games, especially if it is a new ground.

The only ones that will be new for me next season, disregarding who may come up from League 2, are Northampton and AFC Wimbledon. I have a relative who is a Cobblers fan so that should be a good visit to their new stadium at Sixfields.

Just been looking at possible new away grounds next season.

I won't pay to watch Rovers at the morgue called Ewood, but do like occasional away games, especially if it is a new ground.

The only ones that will be new for me next season, disregarding who may come up from League 2, are Northampton and AFC Wimbledon. I have a relative who is a Cobblers fan so that should be a good visit to their new stadium at Sixfields.

Can we just jump straight to non-league, I like visiting some of those grounds(very friendly, with nice little bars) and it will save time in the long run.

Can we just jump straight to non-league, I like visiting some of those grounds(very friendly, with nice little bars) and it will save time in the long run.

Been to some great grounds, and met some super fans, of now non-league teams when they where in the top tiers of the Football Leagues, for example:

Southport

Halifax

Hereford

Darlington (Feethams Ground)

Barrow

Chester (old ground)

Workington

Probably missed a few out....any others?

Been to some great grounds, and met some super fans, of now non-league teams when they where in the top tiers of the Football Leagues, for example:

Southport

Halifax

Hereford

Barrow

Chester (old ground)

Workington

How far would we have to drop to play Chorley ?

I've been to Chester, Hereford, Halifax and Darlington, the old Ewood was like a palace compared to that lot, in fact compared

to almost any of the away games back in the 70s, enjoyed going all the same, great days out.

Southport

Halifax

Hereford

Barrow

Chester (old ground)

Workington

I went to watch barrow in the cup last week. Had a great day out

The point that's missed is that in the seventies we were all Rovers together with no axe to grind, all looking to achieve something and 100% behind the club we loved. Would it be the same now? would it buggery because we've all an axe to grind. Until that's exorcised nothing will ever be the same.

Get a

Behave and get a grip, we're Blackburn Rovers! Never forget that despite what 'they''ve done.

grip of what? Fleetwood are sat in 6th place in league 1 and could well be promoted, we are sat in the drop zone of the championship and could well be relegated.... They could easily be a league above us next season.

Maybe some of the players can join you guys at the bar at half time :D

Oh how depressing this is :(

AFC Fylde in two seasons.

They'll be sticking two fingers up at us as we pass each other as well. It's a lovely little stadium, I've driven past it a couple of times. Not sure how much the owners are prepared to back them but they have the potential to be the number one team on the Fylde. It could soon be 1) AFC Fylde, 2) Fleetwood and 3) Blackpool. Who would have thought that just a few years ago?

Isn't this an awful prospect, looking at relegation to Division 3-really with no prospect of a Howard Kendall to manage us straight back? :(

Assuming Josh Morris's goals get Scunthorpe United promoted which is looking likely, and that Shrewsbury Town, Chesterfield and [highly unlikely] Coventry City, stay in League One, there could be a maximum of 6 new grounds for me to watch us on next season: those three and Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon and Northampton Town. And it'd still be 6 if, say, Doncaster Rovers and either Wycombe Wanderers or Colchester United replaced Chesterfield and Coventry.

I think Bristol Rovers (A) next season would be unique as it'd be the third different away ground we'll have played them on.

And who'd have thought, as recently as 6 years ago that we could be a Division below the likes of Rochdale or Fleetwood? It could even be both; that's unlikely, though, because they both look like having to go through the play-offs to get into the Championship. It's bad enough having to come to terms with what the present ownership's done to us; but when you think of some of the clubs who would have been unfit to lace the boots of Rovers teams of not that long ago who'll be above us in the 'football pyramid', it's enough to make old beggars like me weep.

Oh; in addition to the non-League clubs we've played in the recent past, let's not forget that blooming cold January night when we knocked Blyth Spartans out of the Cup in 2008/9 with a goal from Carlos Villanueva, whom BFS substituted more or less immediately after he'd scored the only goal of the game. They're currently second in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, one tier below AFC Fylde and Chorley. How long before we meet them in the League, I wonder?

Trouble is that with or without Venkys who'd bet against us going straight through League One and into League Two?

As it stands we won't have a squad in the summer. They aren't going to spend money to build one and even if they did release funds it's nigh on impossible to sign decent players without waiting for approval from India, so the decent ones will all go elsewhere.

If they do up sticks and clear off the chances are that will only be once the club goes into administration which carries with it almost certain relegation via a points deduction.

Archived