BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

Do we think that the lapsed fans/boycotters who maintain an interest will maintain their lack of interest/principled stance respectively or will they pack Ewood on a one off basis to defend the Clubs honour in the longstanding rivalry with the six finger Ed barstewards?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think that the lapsed fans/boycotters who maintain an interest will maintain their lack of interest/principled stance respectively or will they pack Ewood on a one off basis to defend the Clubs honour in the longstanding rivalry with the six finger Ed barstewards?

Behave yourself Rev :D

Behave yourself Rev :D

It was a serious question. 23k home fans unexpectedly turned up out of nowhere to watch us play Liverpool in the Cup two years ago so I was wondering if a draw against the Dingle might see a similar response.

Dunn FC has given his response for which I'm greatful. The I would expect most people here to say the same although if we did get a plum tie and there was a decent home turn out that would tend to confirm that many have simply given up because the product's crap.

It was a serious question. 23k home fans unexpectedly turned up out of nowhere to watch us play Liverpool in the Cup two years ago so I was wondering if a draw against the Dingle might see a similar response.

Dunn FC has given his response for which I'm greatful. The I would expect most people here to say the same although if we did get a plum tie and there was a decent home turn out that would tend to confirm that many have simply given up because the product's crap.

You're being a little mischievous, but some of the stick thats been dished out to you and others that don't actively protest has been nothing short of a disgrace in my opinion, so you carry on :tu:

The Liverpool game was always going to bring the punters back in, we have a decent fan base built up over many years and if the owners sod off and the product improves we'll see them come back, no doubt about that.

For me its not about the product, cut me open and I'm blue n white, I'll go if its cr@p or not, but I won't allow a bunch of money grabbing crooked @#/?s and 3 stooges in India run roughshod over my weekends, they now impact on my my life zero % and It'll stay that way until venkys leave.

So drawing burnley makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to me.

I will not be there under any circumstances as I am principled enough to see my stance through. And believe me a Wembley appearance would be met with the same response. Whilst they are here I will not be.

• Backroom

Plenty would go but not the majorly of the folk outside yesterday

Not a penny more was the view and I think most will adhere to that.

I was there outside yesterday but of course I'm not actually boycotting.

Burnley at home please

Please no, far too many clarets in my local thinking the same. However if we won :D

I would love Lincoln or Sutton away. I'd be all for a live BBC protest should we get on.

Either one of them or a London club away would do me

As there were only a couple of hundred protesting and some of those went on the match afterwards, I think you can guarantee a big turn out if we get ManUre/Burnley.

There are very few protesters in reality Rev, most just can't be arsed any more and who can blame them? A lot will be back though for a plum tie just like they were a couple of years ago against Liverpool, and just as they were nearly 40 years ago for FA Cup ties against Coventry and Villa.

Twas ever thus.

I've already said somewhere else that it doesn't matter who we draw I won't be there, not even to an away tiebecause of the way the money is split. I'd hate to miss a Wembley appearance but then I don't really think we'll get there. Ill have to think about that if we do but I'd like to think I'd be principled enough not to go.

Another question in the same vein as the original post.

Where will the sheep go for their bi-weekly masochism session when the locks finally go on the gates for good? They hate the owners, they hate the manager, they think the players aren't good enough. Deep down they have had enough. Yet they continue to pay to have the pss taken out of them. It's like continuing to employing a builder who lays 2 bricks, removes 2 bricks and then has a brew and repeats the cycle.....yet some like being miserable. Very odd people.

--------------------------

Venkys stay and we draw the harlem globetrotters I will give attending the same contempt as the last 4 years

Venkys go tomorrow and we draw Wolves at home I will be there

NAFPM

Apathy is arguably at its lowest ever.

Let's hope we avoid Burnley - let's be honest, they would humiliate us in the same way that Souey's Rovers humiliated Ternent's rag tag and bobtail lot some 15 years or so ago in the league.

Ball numbers for tomorrow:

1 Tottenham 2 Derby or Leicester 3 Oxford United 4 Sutton United 5 Wolves 6 Arsenal 7 Lincoln 8 Chelsea 9 Man United 10 Millwall 11 Huddersfield 12 Burnley 13 Rovers 14 Fulham 15 Middlesbrough 16 Man City

Ball numbers for tomorrow:

1 Tottenham 2 Derby or Leicester 3 Oxford United 4 Sutton United 5 Wolves 6 Arsenal 7 Lincoln 8 Chelsea 9 Man United 10 Millwall 11 Huddersfield 12 Burnley 13 Rovers 14 Fulham 15 Middlesbrough 16 Man City

Unlucky for us.

We'll get Sutton at Ewood and they'll be absolutely gutted.

I feel any home tie against most of the remaining premier league teams will attract a decent crowd. I'd also be very interested in the number of season ticket holders that attended Saturday. These fa cup matches always seem to fill the jack walker stand. Also off topic but why were blackpool fans on the left side of Darwin end ?

Archived