BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

A mid ranking team with a crippling debt, the cost of enormous ground (by league 1 standards), 2 training grounds and players on big championship wages and needing a full squad rebuild with zero funds.

Rochdale will be financially much, much better off than us, just let that sink in.

Promotion and signings are just a pie in the sky or head in the sand equation.

Neither will happen of course. In fact, someone has already mentioned it, Rovers could be down and out by Monday evening and then in administration by Tuesday as it is the only viable option open. If that happens then all loanees will go back to their parent clubs and the youngsters will get a chance to show what they can do for 3 games.

Its going to be a huge wake up call next season to the Rovers Fans and those who think all is well (I don't dismiss their opinions btw). 15 points or more adrift next season will see the club struggle on any number of fronts including investment, players, signings, off field activities, shirt sponsor etc and will have a dramatic effect on income NOT to mention the crowds becoming even less, I anticipate we will see sub 8000 home fans next season and even that is an over estimate and all this as both PNE and Bolton move forward and Burnely qualify for Europe just to rub salt in the wounds as we head towards League 2 and a local derby with Chorley.

It really is happening folks.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wiith crowds of about 5/6000 and no owner input, we will simply be a mid ranking League 1 team.

Just think that through a moment and look at the clubs Venky's have made our peer group...

1 Sheffield United Sheffield United 445.667   21.222
2 Bradford City Bradford City 379.874 21 18.089
3 Bolton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers 302.658 21 14.412
4 Charlton Athletic Charlton Athletic 232.342 21 11.064
5 Milton Keynes Dons Milton Keynes Dons 209.598 21 9.981
6 Bristol Rovers Bristol Rovers 193.123 21 9.196
7 Millwall FC Millwall FC 191.395 21 9.114
8 Coventry City Coventry City 190.782 21 9.085
9 Oxford United Oxford United 173.906 21 8.281
10 Southend United Southend United 152.692 21 7.271
11 Swindon Town Swindon Town 146.302 21 6.967
12 Northampton Town Northampton Town 129.531 21 6.168
13 Gillingham FC Gillingham FC 126.301 21 6.014
14 Chesterfield FC Chesterfield FC 125.172 21 5.961
15 Peterborough United Peterborough United 117.239 21 5.583
16 Shrewsbury Town Shrewsbury Town 112.526 21 5.358
17 Walsall FC Walsall FC 102.172 20 5.109
18 Scunthorpe United Scunthorpe United 93.886 21 4.471
19 AFC Wimbledon AFC Wimbledon 93.877 21 4.470
20 Port Vale FC Port Vale FC 92.817 21 4.420
21 Oldham Athletic Oldham Athletic 88.161 21 4.198
22 Bury FC Bury FC 78.394 21 3.733
23 Rochdale AFC Rochdale AFC 71.709 21 3.415
24 Fleetwood Town Fleetwood Town 66.851 21 3.183

Looking at the list of opponents for next season has just made me want to vomit.

Cheers Venky's, JA & Associates - you bunch of absolute cretins. Karma is all I'm praying for now.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Wiith crowds of about 5/6000 and no owner input, we will simply be a mid ranking League 1 team.

Just think that through a moment and look at the clubs Venky's have made our peer group...

Gate wise I see us on a par with Northampton / Gillingham / Chesterfield next season.  If we hit the giddy hights of Coventry and >9,000 I will be surprised.

Will the Riverside and DE still be open for home fans next season?  I know the 'management' (sic) promised no more stand closures but do you trust them?

Do you really trust them?

Coming to something when the former Premier League Champions are likely to be getting much lower gates next season than a fake club (MK Dons).

If there was a semblance of a plan or ambition I'm sure that our gates next season could be similar to Bolton's this season - 14,000ish. If the people expect a promotion push and victories every week they will buy tickets even to watch a lower level of football. In our case there's only so long before people don't fall for the lies and deceit any more and we passed that point with Lambert's departure. We'll be scraping around on 7,000 crowds with them announced as 9,000.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

After Saturday's game I started really thinking about the realities of league 1 next year, there seems to be talk amongst some that when we go down at least we will have the fun of a promotion season (I seem to remember the same things being said a couple of years ago), 

Are they the same people who were more than happy to see championship football when we were in the PL - based on the football being more exciting and us being more competitive down there?

• Like 1

If you take away Villa, Newcastle, Preston and Leeds then our 'real' average gate this season is probably around 8,000.  Take away the predicted loss of ST holders next season (I know of 3 lomg termers who are packing in) and the lack of big* games for next season then it is not looking good.

*Would you regard Fleetwood , Oldham, Bury, Rochdale or Wigan as big games?

Mind you Steele and the bods in front of him may just hit form for our remaining games.

Edited by preston blue

Just now, den said:

Are they the same people who were more than happy to see championship football when we were in the PL - based on the football being more exciting and us being more competitive down there?

I remember a poster on this MB who said in a PM to me that the Championship would be better for us as it would enable us to be more competitive and would bring more excitement.  You could not make it up.

As it was a private PM I cannot reveal the poster.

• Like 2

The people who tend to believe lower league football is more exciting, etc are the ones who lived a pretty cossetted life whilst in the prem, only seeing championship, L! & L2 games through the odd bit of highlights. As someone who regularly attends Lg 1 & 2 I can tell you (as with the championship) its bloody awful, often played on ploughed fields with little to no quality whatsoever.

I remember playing Sheffield Wednesday in a mid week game when we had just come down and it struck me how awful the standard of the championship is, it took roughly 40 minutes for either side to string more than 4 passes together and the ball spent 80% of the game either out of play or in the air. I think some people are in for a real shock/reality check next year.

Just now, den said:

Likely Den. There isn't a chance of us competing for promotion next season under this lot. The downgrade will continue (if possible) on and off the pitch. I predict a season of mid table mediocrity followed by relegation the season after if nothing changes at the top. A bit like a condensed version of our time in the Championship.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, preston blue said:

I remember a poster on this MB who said in a PM to me that the Championship would be better for us as it would enable us to be more competitive and would bring more excitement.  You could not make it up.

As it was a private PM I cannot reveal the poster.

Yes, I remember plenty of that. 

Anyway, we're getting back to our "natural level", which can only be good - and there's nothing anyone can do about it, so let's enjoy the future.

sorry PB. I know we shouldn't argue amongst ourselves, but it's so frustrating watching what's happening to us, along with the fact that some fans then and even now, can't get wise to where we are heading. Still, I've just had a look outside and the sky hasn't fallen in yet.

There, I feel much better now. So where were we?

Edited by den
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

My gut feeling > Senior is a fraud a good man for Venkys to employ !

not posted for a while due to ill health etc but  of all this car crash this is my impression.Senior was brought in to squeeze whats left out of the club value wise and maybe brought in to adjust the expenditure depending on our situation. He's the one trying to find the hidden gem for almost nothing.  He failed miserably when he came in going after a player who couldn't get a work permit but he's the slime ball saying all the right things to his boss ( who ever that is)

TM. Brought in for LGE 1 but with 1 eye on if he achieves the miracle of keeping us up. He was unfairly criticized even before a ball was kicked and I think most fans would have him over Coil anyday and given more time and a transfer window would have done better.

I agree the manager has got the prepare the team be the motivational speaker, give a bollocking or put an arm round players but soon as they cross the white line its down to the players

The players are gutless spineless and Id not pay them in washers but again you cant build a squad full of loanees and rejects but the way they imploded saturday was a disgrace, TM should have read them all the riot act at half time but tbf most of the players dont give a @#/?.

I was one of the protesters from the Kean era and like many that fateful day -v- Wigan seen relegation coming a mile off with owners failing to act in time. A light at the end of the tunnel was the conception that relegation might mean the owners sold up etc but how wrong we was. I'd accept it now if it meant the same but again Im not holding my breath.

• Like 2

Den, the most predictable thing in life, after death, is that people are consistently inconsistent.

So where are we.....at the moment we are alive watching the destruction of a community club loved by so many....that basket case called Blackburn Rovers.

In a World of horrors and bloodshed I guess we should focus on what matters in life and try and recall the enjoyment that Rovers once brought us.

Amen, and sorry for the sermon from Mount Hoghton.

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

its like we have gone back to 1980 :( thats how much destruction Venkys have done in the 7yrs , put us back nearly 40yrs.....

• Like 2

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Out of all the games all the losses all the behind the scenes all the snide dealings the biggest thing i miss from match days is the enjoyment of walking from the concourse up the steps and seeing the whole ground and pitch in view and having butterflies thats what i miss..

I used to have that feeling every time I walked or drove down Livesey Branch Road and turned the corner to see Ewood whether there was a game on or not.

I loved the place.  Sadly indifference is taking over and it reminds me of plague.

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 1

Just now, preston blue said:

I used to have that feeling every time I walked or drove down Livesey Branch Road and turned the corner to see Ewood whether there was a game on or not.

I loved the place.  Sadly indifference is taking over and it reminds me of plague.

My lad is 18 now and ID take him to games and even tho he's never been a football mad boy he loved the days out, meeting players , my eldest girl was mascot once and id enjoy meals in the club bar surrounded by all the murals from yesteryear. Ironically Im redecorating my lads old room this weekend which was Rovers Blue white border and flags of BRFC with framed photos of players and tickets from worthington cup and full members cup. My point of this ramble is if he came to me now as a 8yr old boy and said he wanted to follow a team I couldn't recommend Rovers under this fiasco. My Rovers died years ago.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

A mid ranking team with a crippling debt, the cost of enormous ground (by league 1 standards), 2 training grounds and players on big championship wages and needing a full squad rebuild with zero funds.

Rochdale will be financially much, much better off than us, just let that sink in.

Rochdale have never been as well off as they are now and that's on gates of 3'500. They've got plenty in the bank all courtesy of a manager who has found a succession of failures and turned them into big money sales. The latest of which went for £10 million plus in the last window, Rochdale got 25% of that for a guy he picked up from non-league football

Same as he did with Craig Dawson.

The  manager  who isn't good enough for Rovers.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rochdale have never been as well off as they are now and that's on gates of 3'500. They've got plenty in the bank all courtesy of a manager who has found a succession of failures and turned them into big money sales. The latest of which went for £10 million plus in the last window, Rochdale got 25% of that for a guy he picked up from non-league football

Same as he did with Craig Dawson.

The  manager  who isn't good enough for Rovers.

Regardless of opinions on Keith Hill's managerial abilities or whether he should have had the Rovers job or whether he's good enough for Rovers, using his achievements at Rochdale as a foundation for why he should get the Rovers job isn't the best idea.

There's next to no chance that he would have ever been able to do at Rovers what he has done at Rochdale. He fits in well at Rochdale like John Coleman does at Accy. There's an environment there that he can work well in and do the job to the best of his abilities. At Rovers no manager will be given the best possible chance of success. They could appoint Conte at the end of the season and they'd find a way to make his position untenable. The club is set up to fail and until that changes via ownership changes or brain transplants in India then whoever is sat in the dugout will find it virtually impossible to do anything.

Besides, these lot clearly aren't interested in making healthy profits on player trading. If they were then they would have realised what a good job Bowyer had done in that department and would have backed him with a view to another crop of Cairneys and Gestedes emerging about now. Instead they preferred to rip it all up, spend millions in pay-offs and contracts for Anthony Stokes and Wes Brown and deliver another painful relegation.

• Like 2

The biggest fear now is, that we will not be a mid league one team, as those on them positions this year are not carrying over £100 million in debt. As we all know the season ticket sales, have already been mortgaged, so the teams with average attendances of 3,000- 4,000 will be far better off than us. Why Venky's would want to carry on with this horror show, is beyond me, but if they do, we will be relegated again next year, make no mistake about that.

• Like 1

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15215977._We_know_we___re_in_a_difficult_situation____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers_must_put_pressure_on_their_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

“I wouldn't say there was a lack of passion and desire to get a result for this team .I think there was a lack of knowledge of where to stand, where to play and how to play, when to play it long and if we’re playing long we have to follow it up and if we’re playing short then we have to create angles to get in positions to move the ball forward"

Is Mowbray damning himself here, the previous management, the players, or just English football in general?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15215977._We_know_we___re_in_a_difficult_situation____Tony_Mowbray_says_Rovers_must_put_pressure_on_their_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

“I wouldn't say there was a lack of passion and desire to get a result for this team .I think there was a lack of knowledge of where to stand, where to play and how to play, when to play it long and if we’re playing long we have to follow it up and if we’re playing short then we have to create angles to get in positions to move the ball forward"

Is Mowbray damning himself here, the previous management, the players, or just English football in general?

I would say players.