BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's only part of it. We also need someone who can deliver results. To only get 1 point at home to Barnsley and Bristol City is a very poor return. Forest on the other hand was a good result. We need another 'Forest' today.

I have no doubt Mowbray is a man of integrity who will put his all into the club. He is a vast improvement on Coyle in every way imaginable. Is he a winner though? Because what that club needs first and foremost is a winner, a man who can squeeze every last drop out of the players at his disposal. A bit like Warnock does, and like Grayson does. I'm not sure Mowbray is that type of character, with that type of mindset. 

Let's be honest though "winners" cost money and for the limited budget that we have he's done well and hasn't made excuses. He's been upfront. I think a lot of managers would struggle to get these clowns to play well our only signing in January was Joao on loan like come on where is the ambition. 

Im keeping the faith I think we could just scrape out 

Just now, JonnyP said:

Let's be honest though "winners" cost money and for the limited budget that we have he's done well and hasn't made excuses. He's been upfront. I think a lot of managers would struggle to get these clowns to play well our only signing in January was Joao on loan like come on where is the ambition

Im keeping the faith I think we could just scrape out 

You may have misread my post.

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's only part of it. We also need someone who can deliver results. To only get 1 point at home to Barnsley and Bristol City is a very poor return. Forest on the other hand was a good result. We need another 'Forest' today.

I have no doubt Mowbray is a man of integrity who will put his all into the club. He is a vast improvement on Coyle in every way imaginable. Is he a winner though? Because what that club needs first and foremost is a winner, a man who can squeeze every last drop out of the players at his disposal. A bit like Warnock does, and like Grayson does. I'm not sure Mowbray is that type of character, with that type of mindset. 

How did I miss read you comment? If you want a winner ( Warnock ) it's going to cost you and we obviously don't have it. 

Edited by JonnyP

Just now, JonnyP said:

How did I miss read you comment? If you want Warnock it's going to cost you and we obviously don't have it. 

I may have misread your post then. :o Apologies.

However, you are making assumptions about the levels of remuneration Warnock, Grayson and Mowbray are getting. Mowbray might be on the most for all you know. We pay better player wages than Preston for a start. I highly doubt someone like Rowett was paid a lot by Brum when they got him from Burton, but he was a winner. Zola was possibly paid a lot more and he has the opposite of a winners mentality. Money isn't always relevant.

Most of us are 'keeping the faith', it's all we can do.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I may have misread your post then. :o Apologies.

However, you are making assumptions about the levels of remuneration Warnock, Grayson and Mowbray are getting. Mowbray might be on the most for all you know. We pay better player wages than Preston for a start. I highly doubt someone like Rowett was paid a lot by Brum when they got him from Burton, but he was a winner. Zola was possibly paid a lot more and he has the opposite of a winners mentality. Money isn't always relevant.

Most of us are 'keeping the faith', it's all we can do.

I would be surprised if he was on much especially after his performance at Coventry but I could be wrong of course. I agree that he might not have a winning mentality but he does have this resilience about him and work ethic that I do like. It's hard to tell really, personally I like him and I won't be pointing the finger at him if we go down. I just appreciate he's taken the job on, he's doing his very best and he's being very straight up with us. Whether that is good enough to keep us up I don't know. Obviously our recruiting plan is the problem at hand 

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

I still think appointing a manager who left his previous club winless and bottom of the division below is odd, whichever way people try to dress it up.

I was gutted when he was appointed, but he has done a little better than I expected, to date.

If he keeps us up, fair play.

He's taking us down ( sometimes your only has good as your last job )...step up David Dunn next season and we all know how his League one managerial stint went

• Like 1

TM - disappointed when appointed, but slowly coming round to liking the guy even though he's probably at best an ok manager. His Coventry experience as others have said is probably his most like for like experience and how that ended probably was warning enough for us. Compare how Warnock did with Rotherham - and just look at how they have done without him, albeit with a few squad changes - suggests that we needed a top class manager like Warnock rather than an ok one like TM.

Mind you I like the guy a lot for his straight talking. Yet I never had time for Bowyer for being a nice guy (until the end when he lost it) but limited manager. Perhaps this is a sign Vs are wearing me down. Could just imagine how things would go in my work, if I appointed nice but not good enough people, and yet now at Rovers at the current time I feel it's the best I can hope for.

In the cold light of day despite the appalling hand TM has been given, he should have done better - especially with the quality of strikers we have. But Vs and senior management (senior, Chesterton etc.) should shoulder even more of the blame of making it as hard as possible for him, and leaving us in a position where only a top class manager would be good enough.

• Like 1

Just now, RV Blue said:

In what was is he not a poor manager?

Has a decent record. He can organise a team, he's improved our shoddy lot but came to late. He talks sense, he is passionate and the main thing is you can't fairly judge anyone after the timeframe.

Thats without taking the scenario into account, which was god awful and is looking like a step too far.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to point fingers or campaign against TM at this point. It's like castigating a paramedic and blaming him for a car accident, when he turned up after to give medical attention.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Said it at the time he wasn't right and i think he's been a marginal improvement on Coyle. 

Still not good enough though but he's been dealt a keany hand by the current "squad" he's inherited and working for Venkys, Cheston and Senior.

Under Coil we would have been dead and buried weeks ago, at least TM gave us a bit of hope and a decent run

(Played 13
Won 3
Draw 7
Lost 3)

whilst he is part to blame I blame the players.

Cross that white line and they roll over. Gutless Spineless Clueless

like i said last week Id not pay them in washers....

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Has a decent record. He can organise a team, he's improved our shoddy lot but came to late. He talks sense, he is passionate and the main thing is you can't fairly judge anyone after the timeframe.

Thats without taking the scenario into account, which was god awful and is looking like a step too far.

It would be absolutely ridiculous to point fingers or campaign against TM at this point. It's like castigating a paramedic and blaming him for a car accident, when he turned up after to give medical attention.

He can't organise a team at all, have you actually been to any of our games under him?

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Under Coil we would have been dead and buried weeks ago, at least TM gave us a bit of hope and a decent run

(Played 13
Won 3
Draw 7
Lost 3)

whilst he is part to blame I blame the players.

Cross that white line and they roll over. Gutless Spineless Clueless

like i said last week Id not pay them in washers....

The playing staff just ain't good enough. Don't get me wrong, I think a decent manager, Warnock, Mowbray, Lambert etc would've kept us up. 

Whilst the big finger will ever point to Venkys for their ceaseless negligence, whichever moron agreed to sign Coyle effectively put us in league 1. Another manager who will likely have his last job in this country working for us.

Just now, RV Blue said:

He can't organise a team at all, have you actually been to any of our games under him?

Yes, plus my opinion of that is based on more than just watching us for the games he's had us. I've seen umpteen managers at Ewood in 25 years of supporting, all with varying levels of organisation. Coyle, Kean, Ince, Berg all the worst.

The players knew their positions better even after only a few weeks under TM. I think we've been harder to break down since his appointment, that's what organised means imo. The best manager for this was Gav's hero, Big Sam!

• Like 1

Can only reiterate my comments after the Bristol City game. If he can't motivate the players for a limited period during a series of  must win games  at the end of a relegation dog fight, how on earth is he going to be able to lead any sort of assault on League one over a full season?

Got a decent reaction when he came in as you would have hoped. Once that wore off extremely disappointing, six points from seven games. Even worse than the bare results is the approach.  If we were playing particularly well and being a bit unlucky thats one thing but I don't understand why we're parking the bus and trying to nick a point here and there when we needed wins.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Can only reiterate my comments after the Bristol City game. If he can't motivate the players for a limited period during a series of  must win games  at the end of a relegation dog fight, how on earth is he going to be able to lead any sort of assault on League one over a full season?

Got a decent reaction when he came in as you would have hoped. Once that wore off extremely disappointing, six points from seven games. Even worse than the bare results is the approach.  If we were playing particularly well and being a bit unlucky thats one thing but I don't understand why we're parking the bus and trying to nick a point here and there when we needed wins.

Personally I think it's because he is so scared of how appalling our defence is and thinks this is the only way of limiting the opposition to a number of goals which we can realistically score more from.

And he may be right. After all how many 3-2s did we lose under Coyle. How many late goals have we conceded under both. Look at the results we got vs Barcodes and Huddersfield in that almost decent (small) patch under Coyle. Both times it was because the opposition didn't score many rather than us matching them say, 3-3.

Problem is given the only quality in the squad is the strikers such an approach doesn't make best use of our very limited assets. Dammed if he does or doesn't imo.

"If he can't motivate the players for a limited period during a series of  must win games  at the end of a relegation dog fight"

The manager shouldnt need to motivate the players at all, they should be doing that themselves but here lies the problem the players dont give a @#/?. Either it being due to loanees or what ever but the last thing the manager should be doing is motivate under our predicament, installing belief maybe upping the fitness and training yeah dam right.

Sure you need a manager to motivate a team that get battered week in week out and nothing to play for but in our crisis they are professional players being paid professional wages.

56 minutes ago, Athlete said:

He's taking us down ( sometimes your only has good as your last job )...step up David Dunn next season and we all know how his League one managerial stint went

I would say Mowbray will stay. He knows this club can go forward under him. Plus he has been planning for next season with Senior and taking a keen interest in the under 23's players

55 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Said it at the time he wasn't right and i think he's been a marginal improvement on Coyle. 

Still not good enough though but he's been dealt a keany hand by the current "squad" he's inherited and working for Venkys, Cheston and Senior.

Squad is good enough under Mowbray. Players fitness levels are poor.

In the Summer Mowbray and Senior will overhaul this squad play the way Mowbray wants

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

What a load of rubbish you are talking. 

Look at orgainsed we were today and Forest away. The team were orgainsed, shape was good. 

And just for the record I was there today. Sat on Row B

Edited by chaddyrovers

The players shouldnt NEED motivating, obviously, but if there seems to be a problem in that respect the manager has to put it right.

After the dreadful display against Barnsley, TM should have ensured we were at least up for it against Bristol City. But didn't.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Look at orgainsed we were today and Forest away. The team were orgainsed, shape was good. 

Good for you. Brownie points for being there.

Given we're in the relegation zone perhaps there's some merit to the comments that he's not a good manager? (For the record I think he is ok, but that's not good enough for us.)

How many efforts on target did we have?

• Like 3

I don't think i've mentioned anything about organisation of shape?