BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

How many efforts on target did we have?

Ive said in the match thread about we lacked quality in the key areas today..

But defensively much better organised. 

We need have a guy who can tactical organised a team and have a plan A and B

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I don't think i've mentioned anything about organisation of shape?

Referred to my points Ive made to your post

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Mowbray will stay. He knows this club can go forward under him. Plus he has been planning for next season with Senior and taking a keen interest in the under 23's players

Squad is good enough under Mowbray. Players fitness levels are poor.

In the Summer Mowbray and Senior will overhaul this squad play the way Mowbray wants

What a load of rubbish you are talking. 

Look at orgainsed we were today and Forest away. The team were orgainsed, shape was good. 

And just for the record I was there today. Sat on Row B

Go forward.. You're mad we won't go forward until venkys leave 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Playing 1 upfront in a must win game against a team with nothing to play for was a terrible decision. 

And in the last 15 minutes of the game we had Emnes Graham and Joao on. Made the team shape awful and did nothing to influence the game. 

Emnes work rate is poor at best. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Unfortunately I'm starting to agree with the doubters.

Senior's inability to add to the squad in January when we were in the bottom three has proved costly. However TM's shocking tactics on Monday and today have left serious doubts on his ability. When even Kevin Gallagher is saying it's possibly the worst attacking performance we have put in all season, and it's a must win game, you have to question it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

Like Coyle, Mowbray had a decent start to managerial life, but recent history shows that he's not a very capable coach. But, given our bargain-basement recruitment strategy, should we expect any less? We could sack him - given that he's failed to achieve what I'm sure was his mandate of avoiding relegation - but which out-of-work no-hoper will the Venkys appoint next? Until they are gone there will be no strategy, no plan, no decent prospective players or coaches. It's all irrelevant. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thats because the players are idiots. 

Do you not think it's the supporters that are made to look the idiots by spending lots to time and money going to watch and cheer them  ?

Just now, Tango said:

Like Coyle, Mowbray had a decent start to managerial life, but recent history shows that he's not a very capable coach. But, given our bargain-basement recruitment strategy, should we expect any less? We could sack him - given that he's failed to achieve what I'm sure was his mandate of avoiding relegation - but which out-of-work no-hoper will the Venkys appoint next? Until they are gone there will be no strategy, no plan, no decent prospective players or coaches. It's all irrelevant. 

Re:  assistant coach David Lowe and what he did at youth level. 

It stinks !

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Mowbray will stay. He knows this club can go forward under him. Plus he has been planning for next season with Senior and taking a keen interest in the under 23's players

In the Summer Mowbray and Senior will overhaul this squad play the way Mowbray wants

Look at orgainsed we were today and Forest away. The team were orgainsed, shape was good. 

Row B is the secong worst row in the ground behind row A! You can't see anything from there.

Did we look organised vs. Bristol City? Did we look organised vs. Barnsley? I went to Forest and we ended up playing with 2 right backs for some reason, clearly not organised. 

What have you seen in his short time here that makes you want him next season? 3 wins in 15 is dreadful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this season Mowbray has won 3 games in 25, with 10 of those being in League 1. Get him sacked and bring in someone who's career is on the way up.

• Like 1

Mowbray's answer to needing a goal is to chuck 5 strikers on and hope our already dreadful midfield can get the ball to them. It is like a 7 year old/Chaddy is managing the team. The midfield is absolutely vital to the attack, Mowbray doesn't seem to grasp this. Against Bristol City, we had Lowe and Akpan in, how many successful teams start with 2 defensive midfielders who can't pass the ball?

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sometimes its like you've had the last 6 years erased. Its disconcerting

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The players shouldnt NEED motivating, obviously, but if there seems to be a problem in that respect the manager has to put it right.

After the dreadful display against Barnsley, TM should have ensured we were at least up for it against Bristol City. But didn't.

Have you ever managed people Rev? serious question?

I've managed many teams/people in various sectors and I can tell you if the people in those teams are useless they're useless and nothing will ever change that. You can motivate, encourage and try to play to peoples strengths, but the simple fact is, if they're bobbins they're bobbins, its no different in football.

The posters claiming Mowbray, Coyle, Lambert and Bowyer should be doing better are generally the posters that think we've had a shot of the play offs for the past 3/4 seasons, they believe the players are better than they are, and I think you certainly fit into that category Rev.

In my opinion the players are not in a false position, we're getting relegated because we're awful, and its time to see the players for what they actually are and thats cr@p, with 1/2 exceptions.

But we all know its those rats in Pune that are the real issue, everything else is a side show, until they crawl back under the rock we'll not be able to move forward.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

We have won 3 in 13 games with Tony M but also only lost 3 in that time too. Based on a season we would be safe. The quality of the players is dire.

For example, Forest had a striker they paid nearly 6 million pounds for yesterday amongst other players they paid millions for. Birmingham were close to play offs this year before the ludicrous sacking of Rowett and have spent decent money over January. Bristol City have a top class striker up front and again have spent 17 million pounds. What do we have? 250k for a left back, loans that no one wants? Let's not be blinded to the fact that Tony M is not the issue here.

• Like 7

I sprinted the first 100 yards of the yorkshire 3 peaks. If only I had kept it up for the other 26 miles I'd be the record holder but that would be as meaningless as extrapolating Mowbrays record over a season.

Meek dispirited performances point to us doing a Coventry and not a Sheffield United next season

• Like 1