BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I have heard today from two unconnected people that Mowbray is experiencing problems with a small but significant number of senior players who quite simply have no interest in playing. His comments lately to the Telegraph seem to support that, when reading between the lines.

Emnes is the one name mentioned to me but it appears there are others. I don't suppose I should be suprised that a bunch of overpaid journeymen with no affiliation to the club, nor any intention of staying beyond the end of the season seemingly couldn't care less, but it still hurts to hear. 

My Brentford trip is officially cancelled!

Mowbray should be calling these players out.

People on here are already saying he's not good enough, so alot of the blame for relegation is likely to end up at his feet.

Emnes surprises me to be honest, Mowbray spoke very highly of him in one of his first interviews having worked with him in the past. 

I'd Chuck Bennett in the good guy camp also, he has improved under Mowbray but has also stood in with the fans to watch the game when injured.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Yet this season's template is the one to be used next season,at an intensified level. Young ones will learn bad habits from their elder loanees.

We will never prosper under Venkys

We will go through L1 like a dose of salts.

4 relegation places to aim for in L1 so an increased chance of success by abject failure at the first attempt for Bling & Co.

Orient just relegated from L2 playing with a youth team average age 21 years. Fast forward and that will be us...quite soon.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

We will go through L1 like a dose of salts.

4 relegation places to aim for in L1 so an increased chance of success by abject failure at the first attempt for Bling & Co.

Orient just relegated from L2 playing with a youth team average age 21 years. Fast forward and that will be us...quite soon.

That's my fear. The cuts next year, if we're relegated, will be savage.

And they won't be the good 21 year olds that we hang on to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

I fully expect nothing less than Mike Cheston to resign if we are relegated after putting his name to that one in the interests of covering the real story.

But of course he won't.  Why would he unless he's pushed? And they won't do that because they, whoever they are, are the ones who brought Coyle in

Interesting stuff from colt, this has all the hallmarks of a relegation season from the 'rubber dinghy men' to the supposed kick offs from Givet et al with Kean. 

Main difference this time is half the team don't belong to us and don't care enough to even kick off.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That's my fear. The cuts next year, if we're relegated, will be savage.

And they won't be the good 21 year olds that we hang on to.

Sadly I think that it us a real and justified fear that we will go for youth and a few older loans or cheap final pay days and tumble on down.

The youth supply line will at best downgrade as the Acadmeny status is reduced or worse.

An old saying:

How do you go Bankrupt?.. . It starts off slowly.....then goes very very quickly.

The same will apply to our fall from grace and downward spiral.

I am at an age where I will imo never see Rovers again play in the PL and maybe not even in the Chanpionship.

Just what did happen in the Pune area during the Raj that we are made the scapegoats by the crunts in Pune.

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sadly I think that it us a real and justified fear that we will go for youth and a few older loans or cheap final pay days and tumble on down.

The youth supply line will at best downgrade as the Acadmeny status is reduced or worse.

An old saying:

How do you go Bankrupt?.. . It starts off slowly.....then goes very very quickly.

The same will apply to our fall from grace and downward spiral.

I am at an age where I will imo never see Rovers again play in the PL and maybe not even in the Chanpionship.

Just what did happen in the Pune area during the Raj that we are made the scapegoats by the crunts in Pune.

Same.....

...And I'm only 33.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

But of course he won't.  Why would he unless he's pushed? And they won't do that because they, whoever they are, are the ones who brought Coyle in

The players that are under contract will allegedly take a pay cut, I heard that one in three staff will lose their jobs but I would be amazed if the likes of Cheston and Senior will be affected financially.

It would be interesting to know how many staff we employed pre Indians to how many there will be next season if we go down.

2 hours ago, Earlydoors said:

What's happened to Corry Evans?

I always thought he was a tidy midfield battler who allowed the team to play.

Is he injured ?

Would be disappointed if he's fallen out with TM as he seemed a solid pro

He only trains with Rovers so he can be fit for International duty and now we can only presume the aim has been to wrap him in cotton wool and get him fit to move in summer. They might get 500k for him :wacko:

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The players that are under contract will allegedly take a pay cut, I heard that one in three staff will lose their jobs but I would be amazed if the likes of Cheston and Senior will be affected financially.

It would be interesting to know how many staff we employed pre Indians to how many there will be next season if we go down.

Ordinarily a substantial pay-cut would be a big incentive for our players to avoid relegation but since very few of them will be playing for us next season I don't suppose its any incentive at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earlydoors said:

Is he injured ?

It was reported a few weeks ago that he's been shut down for the year. He's had a groin problem for a couple years now and those don't heal easily. They can feel fine for weeks in training but then give way again as soon you try to push it in a game. Despite the above suggestion, he didn't make it into the latest NI squad due to his injury.

It's a shame as I agree and think he's our best midfielder. He and Guthrie had a brief midfield pairing earlier in the year, maybe around Nov-Dec?, and I thought it was the best midfield we had all year, but then injuries of course ended that... both are decent midfielders on their day. The sad thing is players of their quality are only really slumming it with us because of their injury woes. Same story with Mulgrew.

Where has this conviction come from that the players will be taking substantial pay cuts next season if we go down?

Whilst these owners and the club have been setting up for relegation for some time now, it wouldn't surprise me if there was very little by way of wage decreases in the event of relegation. That seems far too sensible and well thought out.

There's no way that the likes of Graham, Conway, Evans, Bennett, Mulgrew and Lenihan will be here next season. All our transfer 'strategy' for May and June will be geared towards getting those lads out of Brockhall for as much money as possible. This has been the strategy with our 'best' players now for the last 2-3 summers and will continue regardless of our league status. Relegation just makes it that bit easier as the players themselves will be in more of a hurry to leave and they can use the relegation to justify a mass exodus and further cutbacks.

I reckon in today's climate there's a few million quid still sloshing around at Brockhall. Lenihan has had a good season and could fetch a couple of million at his age with a couple of seasons now under his belt. Evans when fit would bring in 500k, so would Bennett.

Once these lads are out and the cheques have arrived in the post then expect to see Stokes dealt with by way of a pay-off for his 12 months remaining.

Then they'll start to look at putting together a squad for next season and Senior can get to work on his list.......unlike some I have little to no confidence in the latest 'director' selecting quality players.

• Like 2

Judging by his one and only signing I don't hold much hope. I still maintain that Joao is utter drivel, good footballers don't perform like he did against Leeds, it was like watching Bambi on ice coupled with a first touch like a baby elephant. His second touch would be a tackle if he wasn't so unbelievably soft.

• Like 3

If there is a problem with Emnes then that is us sunk imo as the only chance of survival for me is to successfully pair him up with any one of the other strikers. Its clear he is the only member of the squad with a bit of vision and  time on the ball capable of bringing others into play and I think we always play much better when he is on the pitch.

Strange how perceptions change depending on who the player and/or manager is. This story about Emnes could well be complete cobblers but he and Joao and a few otbers allegedly dont buy into what Mowbray is trying to do and are castigated az villains.

The likes of Marshall and Graham don't try or bother to get themselves fit all season for a less popular manager in Coyle and they're hailed as heroes and the manager is in the wrong.

To be fair something doesn't seem to be right in the camp though wherever the blame lies. We need wins, yet since Preston the manager has gone ultra defensive, exactly the opposite of what is required and the players don't appear to be putting much of a shift in either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He only trains with Rovers so he can be fit for International duty and now we can only presume the aim has been to wrap him in cotton wool and get him fit to move in summer. They might get 500k for him :wacko:

He's training well and on target with his fitness and expected to be ok for NI friendly and WCQ in early June.

His loyalty is to Michael O'Neil and NI and feck the rest.

On contract at Rovers until June 2019 so worth something when he is sold off in the summer.

Should be enough to cover Pasha, Senior and Cheston salaries for a few months so thats a positive :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, Colt Seavers said:

Sorry for the late reply Chaddy; just seen your post.

I'm not entirely sure how many players are involved in this but I think I can speculate with a degree of accuracy.

Steele- I wanted him replaced months ago. Mowbray knows him of old. I believe Mowbray wanted Raya in several games earlier but didn't want to destroy Steele. When Steele visibly demonstrated an 'injury' the other week during a home game (Preston?), I didn't believe he was genuinely injured. I think his confidence is completely shot and he wanted to be rested.

Hoban- I know some like him but I haven't been impressed since his return. Wasn't he dropped for the last game? A strange decision if true. Isn't he a loanee and therefore leaving soon?

Feeney- he is a Coyle man and Mowbray has publicly had a problem with him since day one. Feeney has infuriated Mowbray in my opinion.

Gallagher- another Coyle man and far worse under Mowbray.

Graham - anyone who saw his innocuous 'hip injury' within minutes of coming on the other week would have to be sceptical. He certainly seemed to recover remarkably quickly to now be back in contention. Can anyone honestly say his body language this season has been indicative of a happy player?

Stokes- wtf!!

Corry Evans- see Stokes/Graham above

Where is Greer?

Akpan- incongrously arrived in a taxi before the last home game. Not sure that is partuicularly relevant to this thread but he played like he he had been on the ale.

Guthrie- I rate him but I think he is a gobby scouser who rubs managers up the wrong way. I bet he would offer an interesting view on the season after a few pints!

Emnes /Joao - big buddies and travelling companions. Very talented but absolutely zero interest in our club. A bad influence on each other and collectively, a manager's basic nightmare.

I see Raya, Conway, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Lowe, Nyambe,Williams and Mahoney as the flip side of the coin and basically the good guys.

I called relegation before a ball was kicked and I call it now. Mowbray must be gutted. He is a genuine good guy surrounded by scoundrels and wastrels. 

Oh, for a Kevin Moran or a Craig Bellamy! Even an Ian Miller or a Robbie Savage!

The gutting one is Gallacher who looked a good player under Coyle. (And his only good signing.) As for the rest none have looked that good at all and have either been crap, crocked or both so it's hard to tell if they're sulking or just at their own low standards. Not that I disbelieve you just they're that poor it's hard to tell..

Think it's unfair to put Evans in there - he's always crocked apart from when Northern Ireland play. Wouldn't make a difference who was manager no one would get more than a dozen games a season out of him Imo.

Also interesting to note how quickly Mulgrew got back under TM...

• Like 1

A little meat on the bones to Tony's negativite approach:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5861856-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-ahead-of-crucial-final-home-game-against-avfcoffici

Someone may need to remind him that 3 points is kinda important tomorrow.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A little meat on the bones to Tony's negativite approach:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5861856-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-ahead-of-crucial-final-home-game-against-avfcoffici

Someone may need to remind him that 3 points is kinda important tomorrow.

Most forlorn he's ever sounded if it makes any sense! Very much concerned with criticism, seems resigned to receiving it! 

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, Earlydoors said:

Is he injured ?

he plays for nothern ireland. Doesnt fancy club football.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It sounded as if the talk was cut short. 

Mowbray talking about tactics and trying to get players to buy in then about young players being picked for their speed or.......... Then it stops ....I wonder if he says "but not for their brains'

Listening to Mowbray he sounds like he is lacking in 'brains' area as well. The Q&A with the fans was cringe-worthy. 

Hope I'm wrong about that but he doesn't inspire me with his weird 'stories' and keep it tight as we can nick one late on approach.

To be fair to TM, who probably isn't the greatest manager ever, other than sitting tight and nicking one, when have we actually won. When games are open we often don't win - how many 3-2 scorelines have we been on the end of? I can't think of many teams we've outgunned in an attacking sense, but I can think of a number of times we've scraped the odd win by keeping it tight(ish) like the Barcodes and Forest games. 

Mind you, I don't think we're that good at the keeping it tight strategy either. More of a least worse case situation imo.