BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Tbh what anyone else does is irrelevant venkys have put us in this situation not huddersfield 

Yesterday late on we had a corner no one up.. It's @#/? or bust at this stage

another two goals and we'd of been out the bottom three 

• Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

I pointed out yesterday that a Birmingham home win, was a sure bet and even when the had one sent off, it was still the same. They started the match at 6/4 despite the 10 changes from Huddersfield. After the sending off, they were 11/4 which was unbelievable. I hope plenty took my tip and at least made a few quid out of it.

All Rover Asia, I hope you did.

Well done on the win :)

I dont bet, one vice I missed ;)

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

That Karma may well come next weekend with a Rovers win and a Brum Draw. How sweet would that be?

If there was any justice in football (there isn't) Birmingham would get relegated, with us and forest surviving.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

I personally don't see the problem with huddesfield resting players . It's been a long season and have two crucial play off games coming up. If it was rovers I wouldn't give two shites about Huddersfield and would want any chance of injury , fatigue , red cards kept to the absolute minimum. Even give the players a mental break so their ready to go again. Whatever gives you the edge to win. It's a good chance for Wagner to look at his squad and the players to prove or show they deserve a place in the team for the play offs so motivation won't be an issue. Roles reversed this is a game I would want to see Tomlinson, Connor etc get game time and see if their good enough. These are the games they get their chance. Huddersfield deserve to be where they are as do we and I for one hope the win the play offs and get to the prem. Good honest club who deserve their time in the sun. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I personally don't see the problem with huddesfield resting players . It's been a long season and have two crucial play off games coming up. If it was rovers I wouldn't give two shites about Huddersfield and would want any chance of injury , fatigue , red cards kept to the absolute minimum. Even give the players a mental break so their ready to go again. Whatever gives you the edge to win. It's a good chance for Wagner to look at his squad and the players to prove or show they deserve a place in the team for the play offs so motivation won't be an issue. Roles reversed this is a game I would want to see Tomlinson, Connor etc get game time and see if their good enough. These are the games they get their chance. Huddersfield deserve to be where they are as do we and I for one hope the win the play offs and get to the prem. Good honest club who deserve their time in the sun. 

Completely agree. If we were in Huddersfield's boots I'd have hoped we'd do the same. If you're in the relegation positions after 45 games you've only yourselves to blame. No-one else. Huddersfield earned the right to rest players in advance of the play offs by accumulating so many points in the other games and good luck to them.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely agree. If we were in Huddersfield's boots I'd have hoped we'd do the same. If you're in the relegation positions after 45 games you've only yourselves to blame. No-one else. Huddersfield earned the right to rest players in advance of the play offs by accumulating so many points in the other games and good luck to them.

Take Rovers out of the equation.

What Hudderfix did favoured Big Club above all others in a similar predicament.

That cannot be fair.

They had no reason to do it. The resting of players does not hold water if you bother to look at their remaining fixture list and inherent rest periods.

• Like 2

What Huddersfield did is ethically and morally wrong. Managers get fined for doing it in cup games, don't see why the league is different. It's not just about them, it's about the competitiveness and fair play of the league. I hope they crash and burn badly in the play offs. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

People keep saying that Huddersfield 'played a weaker side', yet it was the side that drew with Man City.

When the fans moan at a line up chosen by the manager because they don't think it's the strongest side, should the club be fined?

It's an utterly stupid rule. A club has a squad and should be free to use that squad as they see fit on matchday. Simple as that imo.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What Huddersfield did is ethically and morally wrong. Managers get fined for doing it in cup games, don't see why the league is different. It's not just about them, it's about the competitiveness and fair play of the league. I hope they crash and burn badly in the play offs. 

It is actually my belief that it was done to deliberately benefit one team.

Then to play and lose against 10 men and concede 2 penalties???? One of which is a suicidal tackle from behind well away from goal where the Brum player and ball are heading fast out of play.

A fix pure and simple and embarassingly obvious.

Nothing will be done about it such is the blatant corruption in football.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

People keep saying that Huddersfield 'played a weaker side', yet it was the side that drew with Man City.

When the fans moan at a line up chosen by the manager because they don't think it's the strongest side, should the club be fined?

It's an utterly stupid rule. A club has a squad and should be free to use that squad as they see fit on matchday. Simple as that imo.

It has become common practice to rest players in Cup ties. Sadly.

Basically you play your best team available in League games.

I can accept a level of rotation and thoughy they would rest 3/4 not everyone!

To do it knowingly in favour of one team at this time is inexcusable.

They have this week off before their last league game and then another week before the play off first leg.......a max of 4 fixture left.

Wagner will no doubt play full strength in the last league game and claim match time/fitness as the reason.

The fact that Wagner and Redknapp had a cosy chat in the week before the game and that Redknapp publically urged Wagner to rest players is pure coincidence.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Take Rovers out of the equation.

What Hudderfix did favoured Big Club above all others in a similar predicament.

That cannot be fair.

They had no reason to do it. The resting of players does not hold water if you bother to look at their remaining fixture list and inherent rest periods.

But who's to say the "strongest" eleven wouldn't have simply gone through the motions anyway to try and protect themselves ahead of the play offs? In theory the ones who actually played should have been busting a gut to force themselves into contention as well.

I still think you should expect that if you've got yourselves into this mess after 45 games you've only yourselves to blame and you have to expect that this sort of thing may happen. Other Clubs have the right to manage their squads as they see fit to maximise their own fortunes, not manage it for our benefit.

It works both ways as well. The statistical coincidence of us playing Villa as opposed to anyone else on Saturday worked in our favour. No -ones telling me they put a proper shift in as they meandered through the game wondering if their arch rivals would sink even deeper into trouble. Should they be fined as well?

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

But who's to say the "strongest" eleven wouldn't have simply gone through the motions anyway to try and protect themselves ahead of the play offs? In theory the ones who actually played should have been busting a gut to force themselves into contention as well.

I still think you should expect that if you've got yourselves into this mess after 45 games you've only yourselves to blame and you have to expect that this sort of thing may happen. Other Clubs have the right to manage their squads as they see fit to maximise their own fortunes, not manage it for our benefit.

It works both ways as well. The statistical coincidence of us playing Villa as opposed to anyone else on Saturday worked in our favour. No -ones telling me they put a proper shift in as they meandered through the game wondering if their arch rivals would sink even deeper into trouble. Should they be fined as well?

The difference is Bruce was visibly @#/? off with Villa's performance and expected a lot better. Wagner wasn't arsed. That's why he played the reserves.

• Like 1

Will Huddersfield play the same 10 this weekend? Because any argument about freshness of his entire squad demands it.

Also, if only a minority of the 10 players make the play-off games then there is no argument that it wasn't a weakened side.

I guarantee if Redknapp had been on the receiving end of that then the papers and TV would be talking about nothing else.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It has become common practice to rest players in Cup ties. Sadly.

Basically you play your best team available in League games.

I can accept a level of rotation and thoughy they would rest 3/4 not everyone!

To do it knowingly in favour of one team at this time is inexcusable.

They have this week off before their last league game and then another week before the play off first leg.......a max of 4 fixture left.

Wagner will no doubt play full strength in the last league game and claim match time/fitness as the reason.

The fact that Wagner and Redknapp had a cosy chat in the week before the game and that Redknapp publically urged Wagner to rest players is pure coincidence.

Thing it wasn't 'knowingly in favour' of anyone. They would've rested players whoever they were against, provided there was no threat to Huddersfield.

I also think Warner is above being told what to do by an opposing manager tbh. Or perhaps Villa and Steve Bruce should be fined for allowing us to win? It was all over the media and even featured on The BBC that it'd suit Villa for us to win, plus their fans almost demanded it happen.

Edited by Mike E

I wonder if Brighton and Newcastle were equal at points at the top and one of them was playing Huddersfield last weekend, would they have played a weakened squad? I am pretty sure they wouldn't have. 

Good point.

There would have been hell to pay if they had.

To be fair there is a bit of a difference in resting an entire team against a Club with something to play for as opposed to nothing.

Mick McCarthy apparently stated recently well in advance of a game against Rotherham that he was putting some youngsters in because Rotherham were already relegated and it wouldnt affect the integrity of the League. I would hope he wouldnt do it this weekend as Ipswich are in a different position from Huddersfield, they cant go up or down either way.

Nevertheless I think everyone should accept at the start of the season that if you're poor enough to be in the relegation spots with a couple of games to go there is a possibility this can happen.

• Like 2

I wonder if Brighton and Newcastle were equal at points at the top and one of them was playing Huddersfield last weekend, would they have played a weakened squad? I am pretty sure they wouldn't have. 

Course they would. Why do they care whether Brighton or Newcastle win the League?

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair there is a bit of a difference in resting an entire team against a Club with something to play for as opposed to nothing.

Mick McCarthy apparently stated recently well in advance of a game against Rotherham that he was putting some youngsters in because Rotherham were already relegated and it wouldnt affect the integrity of the League. I would hope he wouldnt do it this weekend as Ipswich are in a different position from Huddersfield, they cant go up or down either way.

Nevertheless I think everyone should accept at the start of the season that if you're poor enough to be in the relegation spots with a couple of games to go there is a possibility this can happen.

Have I miss read that?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Because there would have been uproar from the media if the league title was decided by a team playing their reserves. A manager with morals wouldn't do it. 

I can't really disagree with either of those points but to play devil's advocate I'd say a ruthless manager with real backbone would do the best for his Club (ie the same as Wagner) and to hell with the consequences.

I think on balance it's the approach I'd like our manager to take if we were in that position as well. It's not completely cut and dried, a real horror performance can be a real momentum stopper.

• Like 3

Just now, danger19_80 said:

EFL executive meeting tomorrow. Will discuss Huddersfield Town making 10 changes for game v Birmingham City on Sat. Fine likely punishment

I am not fussed re any fine/penalty just a guilty of something charge will do it.

It will be a brush and carpet event.

Edited by AllRoverAsia