BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

Over the last six seasons a average of 45pts has saved the fourth from bottom,will it be enough this season.

DERBY H 1pt

Wigan H 3pt

Cardiff H 1pt

Norwich A 0pt

Fulham A 0pt

PNE H 1pt

BHA A 0pt

Reading A 0pt

Barnsley H 3pt

Forest A 3pt

Bristol city H 1pt

Wolves A 3pt

Villa H 1pt

Brentford A 1pt

I get 18pts lets hope its enough

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at that fixture list, we ought to escape. Surely we can beat PNE and Bristol City at home?

However that only makes up for the Wolves and Forest away games! I couldn't predict 2 victories there I'm afraid.

2 draws would be good.

However, feet on ground, we have only won 7 games all season after all!

PS You've amassed 18 points there!

2 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

Win - Derby H 

Win - Wigan H 

Lose - Cardiff H 

Lose - Norwich A 

Draw - Fulham A 

Win - PNE H 

Lose - BHA A 

Lose - Reading A 

Draw - Barnsley H 

Draw - Forest A 

Win - Bristol city H 

Draw - Wolves A 

Draw - Villa H 

Lose - Brentford A 

I got 17points, barely staying up with Burton and Wigan going down.

Looking at that fixture list fills me with dread,we can't beat an Egg at the moment.Folk predicting home wins against Wigan and PNE?...misfounded confidence indeed:unsure:

We need a massive turn around in form to escape,can THE worst team in my living memory do it?

What a depressing situation we find ourselves in. 

Can see a minimum of 18 points - 15 from home games and 3 from away games.  That would give us 48 points - more than enough. 

Honestly can't see why some fans are beating themselves up over whether we will escape.  We will and with some to spare.  This is a bang average league from top to bottom.  We have some decent players and we now have a decent manager.  Chill, relax and enjoy the football.

4 wins, 5 draws from anywhere will do it. Often shocks around Easter.

Difficult "yes" but doable if Mowbray sorts a few things out.

I've said we would be relegated from before the start of the season but I do think we can get impetus from Mowbray's appointment.

Just now, 47er said:

4 wins, 5 draws from anywhere will do it. Often shocks around Easter.

Difficult "yes" but doable if Mowbray sorts a few things out.

I've said we would be relegated from before the start of the season but I do think we can get impetus from Mowbray's appointment.

Totally agree.  No way under Coyle would that have been achieved but Mowbray gives us a chance.  It will be tight, may even go down to the last game, but it is certainly doable.

20 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Can see a minimum of 18 points - 15 from home games and 3 from away games.  That would give us 48 points - more than enough. 

Honestly can't see why some fans are beating themselves up over whether we will escape.  We will and with some to spare.  This is a bang average league from top to bottom.  We have some decent players and we now have a decent manager.  Chill, relax and enjoy the football.

Fair play for your positivity. I think we will escape as well. We shouldn't even be in this position, however the reality right now is that we are where we are and we need to get points. Saying we will get them here and there doesn't mean anything. So I'm not sure I will be able to enjoy it too much :)

The next 3 games are huge 

19 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Do you really have to?

This is like one of your errant match predictions.

Squared!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mercerman said:

:( damn it.

2 hours ago, toogs said:

If we don't beat teams around us, then no, we won't stay up. That's why Burton was a must win. I think we are now probably fudged. Particularly if Lowe remains in midfield. 

To be honest the Bristol C and Wigan games are must not lose as long as we win elsewehere.

The difference between beating Derby and drawing with Wigan, or beating Wigan and drawing with Derby is just Wigan get an extra point. It could come down to it but it's not a disaster. 

I'd say  we we still need at least 5 wins and a draw from somewhere and not to,lose to Wigan/Bristol C/ Wolves

I don't see Burton as a must win that we passed up. It is simple for us - we must outperform Wigan and Bristol City.  Can we do that? Yes. Will we? God knows.

Somebody else (seemingly out of danger at the moment) will drop like a stone too.

In a league that any team can beat any team these are the remaining fixtures for clubs that might have a say in our future:

Wigan Bristol City Wolves Burton
12 to play 13 to play 14 to play 12 to play
  Villa (a) Huddersfield (h) P  
Rovers (a) Burton (h) Reading (a) Bristol City (a)

Birmingham (a) Norwich (h) Ipswich (a) Sheff Wed (a)
Bristol City (h) Wigan (a) Rotherham (h) Notts Forest (h)
    Brentford (a)  
Villa (h) Huddersfield (h) Fulham (a) Brentford (h)
Newcastle (a) Brentford (a) Cardiff (h) Huddersfield (a)
Ipswich (a) PNE (a) Notts Forest (h) Newcastle (a)
Rotherham (h) Wolves (h) Bristol City (a) Villa (h)
Barnsley (h) QPR (h) Brighton (h) Ipswich (h)
Brighton (a) Rovers (a) Leeds (a) Birmingham (a)
Cardiff (h) Barnsley (h) Rovers (h) Leeds (h)
Reading (a) Brighton (a) Derby (a) Barnsley (a)
Leeds (h) Birmingham (h) PNE (h) Reading (h)

Added Brenford thanks AllAsia.

45 points will not be enough this year, we need to be looking for 48 -50 points. That leaves us with 11-13 points to find. In that there are 11 games with 7 away from home. Coil form was 1 point a match, so far Mowbray is working at 2 points a game. Even if we fall back to coil rates we should end up on 47 points (not enough). We need to track at 1.2 points per game to get to 50 points. If we can win two of the home games and not lose the other two that would be 8 points then we need to find 5 points from 7 away games.

I know anyone can beat anyone however in bold are very tricky games. Norwich is a good chance as they are hitting bad form at the moment, in the past coil would have fixed for them this but are we tougher now? The Bristol home is a must win, also Barnsley may have nothing to play for (danger?). We don't want to go to the last two games needing wins.

My optimistic predictions with three home wins..

Norwich A  --  3 points :-)

Fulham A --  0 points

PNE H -- 1 point

Brighton A  --  0 points

Reading A  --  0 points

Barnsley H -- 3 points

Forest A -- 1 point

Bristol H -- 3 points

Wolves A -- 0 points

Villa H -- 3 points

Brentford A - 1 point

Think we may find ourselves back in the bottom 3 though after the weekend but it's so close down there now and 4 excellent performances have re-ignited us , if we can come out of the next 2 away games with 2 points I would be delighted as I think we will beat Preston at home Saturday , 2 more tricky games in Brighton and Reading we will be lucky if we get anything from Bristol at home should be 3 points Forest and Wolves away could be key but I think we could possibly win at least 1 of those , that would see us safe 

Just now, chor808 said:

45 points will not be enough this year, we need to be looking for 48 -50 points. That leaves us with 11-13 points to find. In that there are 10 games with 6 away from home. Coil form was 1 point a match, so far Mowbray is working at 2 points a game. Even if we fall back to coil rates we should end up on 47 points (not enough). We need to track at 1.3 points per game to get to 50 points. If we can win two of the home games and not lose the other two that would be 8 points then we need to find 5 points from 6 away games.

I know anyone can beat anyone however in bold are very tricky games. Norwich is a good chance as they are hitting bad form at the moment, in the past coil would have fixed for them this but are we tougher now? The Bristol home is a must win, also Barnsley may have nothing to play for (danger?). We don't want to go to the last two games needing wins.

My optimistic predictions with three home wins..

Norwich A  --  3 points :-)

Fulham A --  0 points

PNE H -- 1 point

Brighton A  --  0 points

Reading A  --  0 points

Barnsley H -- 3 points

Forest A -- 1 point

Bristol H -- 3 points

Wolves A -- 0 points

Villa H -- 3 points

Brentford away last game

• Backroom

Is the Fulham game our 'freebie' over Burton, Wigan and Bristol?

2 points from the next 2 would be marvellous but a tall order 

looking at the fixtures I do expect to be third from bottom come Saturday evening with Wolves playing Rotherham and Bristol and Wigan playing, a point would keep us outside the drop zone either way. A draw between wigan and Bristol would be nice.

Aye, Fulham is our game in hand.

We've battled, grafted and not played half bad for the 8 points out of 12, yet we are still on the cliff edge, we'd be long gone with Coyle.

Lets just hope the trigger wasn't pulled too late...

Archived