BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm all for alternative views, my god we need a few round here, but that claim is so outlandish he's got to be on the wind-up.

Not even the most ardent Rovers fan thinks that, do they?

Gav, I think you're being a bit unfair here. What Bigdoggsteel says below is correct! It CAN BE done (which is all he said).

Whether it will be done under Venky's is uncertain (most likely NOT), but we at least have cause for hope with a manager like Mowbray imo. Even despite the £6m cuts, if Mowbray is allowed to orchestrate WHERE those funds are raised in the playing squad (returning loan players, release of players out of contract, re-signing those we want if poss, and utilising the right academy players as squad fillers) we could be ok.

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cost cutting does not have to mean "dumbing down of the squad". The right manager can build a squad better and more balanced than ours using loans, frees and young players. 

The wages of Brown (rumoured £8k/week), Henley (£4,231/week) Lowe (£14,103/week) equate to just over £1m/year. That's money saved with no negative impact to the team straight away.

I know there's another £5m to find, but it can be done. Baby steps. Maybe small fees for less effective players like Ward could also lead to wages saved if replaced by a ready academy player (Wharton?). Mahoney stepping in for Conway? Some academy players may also negate the need to buy or loan.

Is it ideal, hell no! But there's scope for finding a way if Venky's actually listen to the manager.

Also need to get corporate up too, the End Stand renaming thing is winding me up.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike E said:

Gav, I think you're being a bit unfair here. What Bigdoggsteel says below is correct! It CAN BE done (which is all he said).

Whether it will be done under Venky's is uncertain (most likely NOT), but we at least have cause for hope with a manager like Mowbray imo. Even despite the £6m cuts, if Mowbray is allowed to orchestrate WHERE those funds are raised in the playing squad (returning loan players, release of players out of contract, re-signing those we want if poss, and utilising the right academy players as squad fillers) we could be ok.

The wages of Brown (rumoured £8k/week), Henley (£4,231/week) Lowe (£14,103/week) equate to just over £1m/year. That's money saved with no negative impact to the team straight away.

I know there's another £5m to find, but it can be done. Baby steps. Maybe small fees for less effective players like Ward could also lead to wages saved if replaced by a ready academy player (Wharton?). Mahoney stepping in for Conway? Some academy players may also negate the need to buy or loan.

Is it ideal, hell no! But there's scope for finding a way if Venky's actually listen to the manager.

I'm not being unfair in the slightest, if you think under Venkys that continued cost cutting is going to end anywhere other than very badly you've learnt nothing over the past 7yrs.

We've had cost cutting from day 1 and are currently very close to league 1 - gives you a clue Mike?

Hypothetically you're right of course, but in reality we all know how this ends up.

As for 'Venkys actually listening' :lol:

I've got a bridge to sell across the Thames if you're interested.

Just now, david brent said:

One of the best strikers to wear the blue and white shirt, premier league winner and now a prominent tv pundit! 

And also a certain local player who refused to have his testimonial played at Bloomfield Road so not a penny went to other bad owners oystons 

Plus a couple of ex players I have recently spoken to 

Just now, Athlete said:

Paul you was already given examples a few weeks ago please keep up 

Just now, Athlete said:

And also a certain local player who refused to have his testimonial played at Bloomfield Road so not a penny went to other bad owners oystons 

Plus a couple of ex players I have recently spoken to 

All very vague lads. I was told to listen to an interview where senior was referred to as patronising Paul. Hardly damning. 

Other than that,all hearsay from you guys and your nameless ex player friends. 

I will go along with this regardless. What exactly were they saying about him? 

Just now, Gav said:

I'm not being unfair in the slightest, if you think under Venkys that continued cost cutting is going to end anywhere other than very badly you've learnt nothing over the past 7yrs.

We've had cost cutting from day 1 and are currently very close to league 1 - gives you a clue Mike?

Hypothetically you're right of course, but in reality we all know how this ends up.

We have a director of football in place to improve communication with the owners and focus on player recruitment.

We have a proper manager 

Those two factors not give you at least an iota of confidence that things will be better than previously?

By some of your reasoning ,relegation is a foregone conclusion. I disagree with that. In my opinion this season will be a low point that we will move on from and look back on. Maybe I am wrong, but that is just my opinion. 

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

That's the point, Gav. You are calling him 'outlandish', or a wind-up merchant because of something that IS a possibility (however remote it may be). You are deliberately skewing what he (and I) is saying so you can have a go at him imo.

You even admit that 'Hypothetically you are right of course', (when the whole thing IS a hypothetical conversation).

Try responding to what you read rather than what you think you read, it's far less stressful and causes far less unnecessary bitchiness.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have a director of football in place to improve communication with the owners and focus on player recruitment.

We have a proper manager 

Those two factors not give you at least an iota of confidence that things will be better than previously?

By some of your reasoning ,relegation is a foregone conclusion. I disagree with that. In my opinion this season will be a low point that we will move on from and look back on. Maybe I am wrong, but that is just my opinion. 

What's your take on how we were globally advised?

Back on topic, I still think we need 48 points to not be sweating going to Brentford.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have a proper manager 

We have a head coach big difference 

Just now, Mike E said:

That's the point, Gav. You are calling him 'outlandish', or a wind-up merchant because of something that IS a possibility (however remote it may be). You are deliberately skewing what he (and I) is saying so you can have a go at him imo.

You even admit that 'Hypothetically you are right of course', (when the whole thing IS a hypothetical conversation).

Try responding to what you read rather than what you think you read, it's far less stressful and causes far less unnecessary bitchiness.

Are you serious?

Its a possibility that we COULD sign Ronaldo, Bale and Preston Blue to play in goal but you'd laugh anyone off the site if it was suggested.

You're out of order Mike, cherry picking comments from 1 poster, does you no favors, and don't lecture me on how to post, I've been posting for long enough to know when people are on the wind up.

I for one am ok with alternate point of views. You would not call the boycotters or protestors daft or outlandish even if the chance that Venkys would magically quit as a result of a protest or a boycott was as remote as us signing Ronaldo or Bale.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Also need to get corporate up too, the End Stand renaming thing is winding me up.

I bet Lowe will resign but he'll be on about £3/4000 a week because he won't have any higher offers. He must have the highest wage to talent ratio in the country

• Backroom

Tbf, on a lower wage andwith a decent manager he could be worth having around. But I can't help but think he's stuck at this level of performance and can only really perform when he's forced to play a certain way by his own deficiencies (like at lb).

Maybe the change of having a decent 'head coach' will help, or else a change of scenery.

Q: Would we get decent compo for him (if any) if he left? Lots of 1st team apps...

That's the whole point Gav, its a possibility and as much as you and others may think - it could happen. To then go and be offensive, insulting, and downright petulant at anyone that might believe in it - just shows the kinds of arrogance and self-absorbed superiority that you feel you have on these boards.

Opinions are just that.

But you have this need to ridicule or insult anyone that believes different to you. Agree to disagree - there is no need for anything other than that.

I have read these boards for six years, have been a rovers fan since the age of 12 (i'm 40 btw before you claim i'm still at school), and feel the same pain as most of you. I also know BigDig from the original boards and while he was one of the reasons i left :) , he still deserves an opinion.

1Badddboy btw 1dog

Grow up and stop judging fans on post counts.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have a proper manager 

As I recall Pasha was brought in to improve communication with the owners too! There's been a few of them eg Shebby.

Nothing works with Venkys and no reason to expect it will.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

What's your take on how we were globally advised?

Back on topic, I still think we need 48 points to not be sweating going to Brentford.

I'd also like his view, 6.5 years on, just how leveraged has the global influence been in establishing Rovers as a truly global brand?

Or exactly how absolute is the respect of Jack Walker's legacy?

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

So, if I write that I believe Venkys have seen the light at last and I believe we will have a really successful season next, totally ignoring Senior's announcement of further cost-cutting, in the name of free speech I deserve to be taken seriously?

The result would be this site would become as daft as the club site was and die.

22 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Tbf, on a lower wage andwith a decent manager he could be worth having around. But I can't help but think he's stuck at this level of performance and can only really perform when he's forced to play a certain way by his own deficiencies (like at lb).

Maybe the change of having a decent 'head coach' will help, or else a change of scenery.

Q: Would we get decent compo for him (if any) if he left? Lots of 1st team apps...

Think that's only players who are 24 and under but I stand to be corrected...said the man in  the orthopaedic shoe.

I'm not sure how old Lowe is but pretty sure he's beyond the cut-off. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Nobody said anything about being taken seriously. I would obviously agree with you and actually do agree with the 'sentiment' of what GAV is saying. That is not my point. It is the belittling and treatment that King Gav hands out to anyone that has a different view that winds me up...yet he calls others WUM's. Then he always sites how he is a seasoned poster as if that makes him more of a fan and more in the know.

Anyway, nice to meet most of you. 

Just now, 47er said:

So, if I write that I believe Venkys have seen the light at last and I believe we will have a really successful season next, totally ignoring Senior's announcement of further cost-cutting, in the name of free speech I deserve to be taken seriously?

The result would be this site would become as daft as the club site was and die.

If you could back it up,you can say whatever you want.

I said that cost cutting doesn't have to guarantee a worse squad.

I said that I am optimistic we will have a better summer than the last few years and can improve on this season.

Do some of you even read posts before commenting? I don't think you do. 

Archived