BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful result tonight which puts the pressure back on us...but a win for us tomorrow and for the 1st time Brum and Ipswich could also be under real pressure. Whatever happens this will go to the wire.

Burton v Brentford

Cardiff v  Ipswich

Fulham v Wolves

Birmingham v Newcastle

Wigan v Villa

Forest v Derby

16  Ipswich 37 10 15 12 37 44 -7 45
Drew with Leeds Drew with Norwich Drew with Brentford Drew with Wolves Drew with Barnsley
17  Birmingham 37 11 11 15 38 54 -16 44
Lost to QPR Won against Wolves Lost to Leeds Lost to Wigan Drew with Cardiff
18  Wolves 36 11 9 16 43 47 -4 42
Lost to Birmingham Lost to Reading Drew with Ipswich Won against Rotherham Won against Brentford
19  Bristol City 38 11 8 19 50 53 -3 41
Lost to Aston Villa Drew with Burton A Drew with Norwich Won against Wigan Won against Huddersfield
20  Burton A 37 10 11 16 36 48 -12 41
Drew with Derby Drew with Blackburn Drew with Bristol City Drew with Sheff Wed Won against Nottm Forest
21  Nottm Forest 37 11 7 19 51 62 -11 40
Lost to Sheff Wed Drew with Wigan Won against Brighton Lost to Brentford Lost to Burton A
22  Blackburn 37 9 12 16 44 55 -11 39
Won against Derby Won against Wigan Drew with Cardiff Drew with Norwich Drew with Fulham
23  Wigan 37 8 10 19 31 42 -11 34
Lost to QPR Drew with Nottm Forest Lost to Blackburn Won against Birmingham Lost to Bristol City
24  Rotherham 37 4 5 28 32 82 -50 17
Lost to Cardiff Lost to Brentford Lost to Aston Villa Lost to Brighton Lost to Wolves

Just played through to the end of the season with

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/

And had us staying up on 52, with Bristol (City) & Forest also avoiding drop on 51 and 50 respectively.    Burton (49), Wigan (48) and Rotherham (23)  down.

I'd really lik a win, picking up the odd point here n there is grand, but nothing lik 3 points in the bag. Preston are beatable n we are arguably in better form. That result last night shows that any game in this league is for the taking. We beat Newcastle home n away this season with a @#/? manager we should be thinking these nobbers are a walk over. 

Come on Rovers!

One thing to think about is that teams that have already qualified for the play offs by the time the last couple of games come around are likely to be playing weakened teams to rest players. Relegation threatened clubs that are playing them may get an easier game as a result.

• Backroom

We're gone!

chance today to go into the break outside of the bottom 3 and we blew it and now face two of the best teams in the league away whilst already in the drop zone.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

We're gone!

chance today to go into the break outside of the bottom 3 and we blew it and now face two of the best teams in the league away whilst already in the drop zone.

So I presume you thought we where gone before we played norwich?As I'm sure I read you predicted losses in both those games?I thought we would pick up  no points in both those games and win  today.Yes you are correct our next two games are tough but Burton are away to Huddersfield and Newcastle in their next two.We are a point from safety with 3 relegation rivals yet to play.I'm not as confident as mercer but still quite confident that we will stay up.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

We're gone!

From children crying in despair to guaranteed relegation. It's been a drama-filled day for you.

Hysterics aside, it's still all to play for.

Remaining fixtures for Burton look tough because everyone of those teams, except Barnsley/Villa,  will probably have something to play for.  

H'field (a) Newcastle (a) Villa (h) Ipswich (h) Birmingham (a) Leeds (h) Barnsley (a) Reading (h)

That could prove a costly defeat for them today.

16  Wolves 37 12 9 16 46 48 -2 45
Lost to Reading Drew with Ipswich Won against Rotherham Won against Brentford Won against Fulham
17  Ipswich 38 10 15 13 38 47 -9 45
Drew with Norwich Drew with Brentford Drew with Wolves Drew with Barnsley Lost to Cardiff
18  Birmingham 38 11 12 15 38 54 -16 45
Won against Wolves Lost to Leeds Lost to Wigan Drew with Cardiff Drew with Newcastle
Lost to Aston Villa Drew with Burton A Drew with Norwich Won against Wigan Won against Huddersfield
20  Nottm Forest 38 11 8 19 53 64 -11 41
Drew with Wigan Won against Brighton Lost to Brentford Lost to Burton A Drew with Derby
21  Burton A 38 10 11 17 39 53 -14 41
Drew with Blackburn Drew with Bristol City Drew with Sheff Wed Won against Nottm Forest Lost to Brentford
22  Blackburn 38 9 13 16 46 57 -11 40
Won against Wigan Drew with Cardiff Drew with Norwich Drew with Fulham Drew with Preston North End
23  Wigan 38 8 10 20 31 44 -13 34
Drew with Nottm Forest Lost to Blackburn Won against Birmingham Lost to Bristol City Lost to Aston Villa
24  Rotherham 38 4 5 29 33 87 -54 17

39 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hysterics aside, it's still all to play for.

Remaining fixtures for Burton look tough because everyone of those teams, except Barnsley/Villa,  will probably have something to play for.  

H'field (a) Newcastle (a) Villa (h) Ipswich (h) Birmingham (a) Leeds (h) Barnsley (a) Reading (h)

That could prove a costly defeat for them today.

16  Wolves 37 12 9 16 46 48 -2 45
Lost to Reading Drew with Ipswich Won against Rotherham Won against Brentford Won against Fulham
17  Ipswich 38 10 15 13 38 47 -9 45
Drew with Norwich Drew with Brentford Drew with Wolves Drew with Barnsley Lost to Cardiff
18  Birmingham 38 11 12 15 38 54 -16 45
Won against Wolves Lost to Leeds Lost to Wigan Drew with Cardiff Drew with Newcastle
20  Nottm Forest 38 11 8 19 53 64 -11 41
Drew with Wigan Won against Brighton Lost to Brentford Lost to Burton A Drew with Derby
21  Burton A 38 10 11 17 39 53 -14 41
Drew with Blackburn Drew with Bristol City Drew with Sheff Wed Won against Nottm Forest Lost to Brentford
22  Blackburn 38 9 13 16 46 57 -11 40
Won against Wigan Drew with Cardiff Drew with Norwich Drew with Fulham Drew with Preston North End
23  Wigan 38 8 10 20 31 44 -13 34
Drew with Nottm Forest Lost to Blackburn Won against Birmingham Lost to Bristol City Lost to Aston Villa
24  Rotherham 38 4 5 29 33 87 -54 17

Burton do look like they have it all to do - think they'll do well to reach 50 points given those games.

However, we are unbeaten in four against Huddersfield and Newcastle taking 8 points in the bargain so you can't right Burton off!

I think we will go into our last game of the season at Brentford with safety already guaranteed.  It will be one to enjoy and relax.

That 3-5 reverse for Burton after having been 3-1 up at home is probably a far bigger body blow than our last minute conceded equaliser.

I still fear we will be 4 points behind 21st when we are next at home but my W3 D4 L3 from the last 10 to get to 51 and probably safety is now W3 D2 L3 from the last 8. Getting 3 wins should be possible from the fixtures we have got coming up but for finger nail chewing time, they are going to have to come from the last 6 fixtures.... 

2 hours ago, Mercerman said:

I think we will go into our last game of the season at Brentford with safety already guaranteed.  It will be one to enjoy and relax.

Hope you're right but here's the deal: if you're wrong and we get relegated you promise to leave this forum forever. 

38 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope you're right but here's the deal: if you're wrong and we get relegated you promise to leave this forum forever. 

Done deal and for good measure I'll make a sizeable donation to a charity.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

From children crying in despair to guaranteed relegation. It's been a drama-filled day for you.

I reserve the right to be hysterical in the heat of the moment after a gut wrenching loss.

One kid near me was inconsolable at full time and was quite sad to see.

Its a coping mechanism I would rather prepare for the worst whilst hoping for the best.

Archived