BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby at home

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike E said:

There are interesting arguments on both sides of the Lowe captaincy issue.

Pros:

Liked by the players and staff, full of effort, Rovers youth product and fan.

Cons:

Crap footballer, not much of a leader.

The issue with changing now (as much as I would love to) is that other options are either also a bit crap, here on loan, or injury prone.

And let us not forget. Paul Agnew stated live on Radio Lancs that the emergence of Jason Lowe was the reason that Salgado was not in the team!

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And let us not forget. Paul Agnew stated live on Radio Lancs that the emergence of Jason Lowe was the reason that Salgado was not in the team!

Did he read that in his how to run a football club handbook that he left behind or was he perhaps just repeating what the 'partners' had installed him in to say !

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Anyway.....back to the match!!

We need to avoid defeat again, and we're probably getting to the 'need to win this one' stage!

This will probably be typical Rovers luck where Derby play up to their potential and turn us over!

Will be a cold one on Ewood so thermals and bob hat will be donned for this one.

Steele

Nyambe   Greer   Mulgrew  Lowe

Evans  Guthrie 

Mahoney  Emnes  Bennett

Gallagher

COYB

That for me is where Emnes should be playing, in behind a number 9. I like that team, but wouldn't drop Lenihan, I think he is starting to get better back there. Mowbray will bring him on.

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Two definate starters for me,has to be Raya and Mahoney,if they both play i can see a victory.

I don't think he will drop his former #1, but Raya might be worth another chance.

If Steele keeps booting up to absolutely no-one, Mowbray will can him.

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do people think taking the captaincy off Lowest this stage would accomplish? I am more concerned about sorting out our leaky defence ,positioning and concentration levels after half time and near the end of goals. We don't have a team of world beaters even. On the balance of things Lowe is good enough for the starting 11. 

Change the captain in the summer. Don't be surprised to see him in the premiership next season and some of our fans realising the versatility he brings being ,in fact,quite useful. 

24368947-300x193.jpg

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What do people think taking the captaincy off Lowest this stage would accomplish? I am more concerned about sorting out our leaky defence ,positioning and concentration levels after half time and near the end of goals. We don't have a team of world beaters even. On the balance of things Lowe is good enough for the starting 11. 

Change the captain in the summer. Don't be surprised to see him in the premiership next season and some of our fans realising the versatility he brings being ,in fact,quite useful. 

Burnley or Everton would be ideal Bigdoggsteel !

If they put some Goals up infront of the dugout and over the otherside towards the centre of the Riverside do you think JLowe would look a better midfielder ?

Huge game tonight and I am very excited about it. Derby make no mistake is a hard hard game but they are going through a bit of a tough patch. Also they seem to be like Blackburn but with better players in the sense that offensively they are decent but defensively they have gone a bit dodgy as of late. 

tonight for me Mahoney needs to start and Conway as well. I would like to see Bennett come in as a sub tonight. 

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

About the same as when a ball comes in from distance or a cross comes in..........Very Worried

We shouldn't be though..... is it any wonder these players are bottom of the league.

This is another must win game !

I am in the minority here. I'm in the minority in my own friends and family as well. However I don't think Lowe is that bad. He does have a tendency to go sideways but he can pick a pass. He seems to have become the player everyone likes to have a go at. The captains armband in football is one of those things that people get hung up on but does it really matter? Unless you can successfully guess a coin toss then what does it matter?

Most of us have played football and does being captain change the way you play? If you're a talker then you continue to that regardless of the piece of cloth around your arm.

Anyway back to tonight's game. 1-1 and the torture of we will/won't we get relegated continues.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, Mercerman said:

Great time to be playing an out of form Derby who've had a disastrous month.

Can't see anything other than a Tony Mowbray inspired Rovers win by the odd goal.

Get's even better for Rovers as looks like Derby will be missing both Keogh and Shackell from centre of defence.

Rovers at 21/10 to win is good value and given Derby's injury problems in defence, I think we are going to win this one comfortably now.  Confidence and momentum are everything and win our next three home matches, which is very doable given the opposition, then this season can almost then be put to bed.

Just now, Mercerman said:

Get's even better for Rovers as looks like Derby will be missing both Keogh and Shackell from centre of defence.

Rovers at 21/10 to win is good value and given Derby's injury problems in defence, I think we are going to win this one comfortably now.  Confidence and momentum are everything and win our next three home matches, which is very doable given the opposition, this season can almost then be put to bed.

Fantastic optimism and I have to say, not only do I like it, I hope like hell it happens. :) 

Archived