BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

Just now, Athlete said:

Mike you're wasting your time trying to explain this to the likes of BDS etc they don't want to know 

No Mike, I'm waiting for the explanation on this conflict of interest. With some examples or links to show that Joao has the representation of his wife!

Since I don't know his wife, I'm just going what PS achieved so far;

1. Smarmy, frustrating interview that was hard to take considering he'd been here two minutes.

2. Sacked Coyle. Albeit a bit late.

3. Still thankfully saved us from Giles Barnes et al on that front and supposedly "brought in" a player in Joao who has made a difference.

4. Hired a decent manager who has so far made a necessary difference. Not counting any chickens on this as it may be too late anyway.

So overall, some actual positive decisions made. I don't remember Jerome and the Gang making at least 2 in a row.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

No Mike, I'm waiting for the explanation on this conflict of interest. With some examples or links to show that Joao has the representation of his wife!

Since I don't know his wife, I'm just going what PS achieved so far;

1. Smarmy, frustrating interview that was hard to take considering he'd been here two minutes.

2. Sacked Coyle. Albeit a bit late.

3. Still thankfully saved us from Giles Barnes et al on that front and supposedly "brought in" a player in Joao who has made a difference.

4. Hired a decent manager who has so far made a necessary difference. Not counting any chickens on this as it may be too late anyway.

So overall, some actual positive decisions made. I don't remember Jerome and the Gang making at least 2 in a row.

Funny how you write all this as fact when it is just as much conjecture as any other theory. Bullet 1 excepted.

Just now, Stuart said:

Funny how you write all this as fact when it is just as much conjecture as any other theory. Bullet 1 excepted.

Not that it needs explanation, nor am I baffled that you'd offer such a strange reply;

Sacked Coyle is fact.

Took control of transfers when arrived only one through door is a fact or at least what he is "supposed" to be doing.

Hired a decent manager is fact.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

No manager has been hired JB... A head coach reporting into senior as dof.. Thats a fact 

Big big difference there JB don't you agree 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Not that it needs explanation, nor am I baffled that you'd offer such a strange reply;

Sacked Coyle is fact.

Took control of transfers when arrived only one through door is a fact or at least what he is "supposed" to be doing.

Where is your proof that Senior did any of this? Why not Cheston? Or Pasha? Or any of Venkys henchmen?

Just now, Stuart said:

Where is your proof that Senior did any of this? Why not Cheston? Or Pasha? Or any of Venkys henchmen?

He's allegedly brought in a player on loan who happens to be represented by his wife and will highly likely move him on again  come the summer..

Kerching 

Just now, Athlete said:

No manager has been hired JB... A head coach reporting into senior as dof.. Thats a fact 

Big big difference there JB don't you agree 

It's certainly a big difference but the spin you put on it forgets that the DOF/Head Coach is fairly widespread setup.

Just now, Stuart said:

Signings; 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15005341._He_will_be_based_at_the_club_on_a_daily_basis____Owen_Coyle_on_Blackburn_Rovers__new_Football_Director/?ref=mr&lp=4

straight from Coyles mouth.

Hired (and by default fired Coyle);

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15115625._Was_I_interested__Of_course__this_is_Blackburn_Rovers____Tony_Mowbray_on_a__whirlwind__48_hours/

"only point of contact Senior..."

The decent manager FACT is in the results so far, a man of stats must surely except that without question. 

Just now, Athlete said:

He's allegedly brought in a player on loan who happens to be represented by his wife and will highly likely move him on again  come the summer..

Kerching 

Source?

Just now, Jbizzle said:

It's certainly a big difference but the spin you put on it forgets that the DOF/Head Coach is fairly widespread setup.

Signings; 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15005341._He_will_be_based_at_the_club_on_a_daily_basis____Owen_Coyle_on_Blackburn_Rovers__new_Football_Director/?ref=mr&lp=4

straight from Coyles mouth.

Hired (and by default fired Coyle);

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15115625._Was_I_interested__Of_course__this_is_Blackburn_Rovers____Tony_Mowbray_on_a__whirlwind__48_hours/

"only point of contact Senior..."

The decent manager FACT is in the results so far, a man of stats must surely except that without question. 

Tbf if the LT says it's Tues you'd have to check the day.. Coyle just waffles rubbish 

Just now, Athlete said:

Tbf if the LT says it's Tues you'd have to check the day.. Coyle just waffles rubbish 

To be fair it's at least something as opposed to just basic speculation. Have you actually even tried to check Joaos agent? 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

To be fair it's at least something as opposed to just basic speculation. Have you actually even tried to check Joaos agent? 

Doyen sports. Who have offices and subsidiaries all over Europe JB with some very interesting reading on owls talk regarding them and the signing of Portuguese players...

Now we've been here before different time different actors 

As your aware or care to trawl back to some of Dunnfcs posts he analyzes it in more detail and depth.. 

A lot of agents are interlinked and scratch each other's back for a few bucks 

Just now, Athlete said:

Doyen sports. Who have offices and subsidiaries all over Europe JB with some very interesting reading on owls talk regarding them and the signing of Portuguese players...

Now we've been here before different time different actors 

As your aware or care to trawl back to some of Dunnfcs posts he analyzes it in more detail and depth.. 

A lot of agents are interlinked and scratch each other's back for a few bucks 

The last sentence suggests that it would difficult not to be involved in some shape or form with agents "good or bad" if there is such thing.

Senior has plenty of time to prove you right, but the point remains - on the surface he hasn't done too poorly so far imo. Would I be suprised if he is another in a long line of charlatans? No.

Is it in his interest that we succeed? I also read a post here (which is the equivelent to the owls talk/Dunnfcs cite) that he wanted a big club DOF or chairman job in the long run and wouldn't be coming here to make a what must be a few hundred quid off 4 month loan signings.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

The last sentence suggests that it would difficult not to be involved in some shape or form with agents "good or bad" if there is such thing.

Senior has plenty of time to prove you right, but the point remains - on the surface he hasn't done too poorly so far imo. Would I be suprised if he is another in a long line of charlatans? No.

Is it in his interest that we succeed? I also read a post here (which is the equivelent to the owls talk/Dunnfcs cite) that he wanted a big club DOF or chairman job in the long run and wouldn't be coming here to make a what must be a few hundred quid off 4 month loan signings.

Can't remember the poster but I don't think it was credible as another poster shot him down with the qualifications required to be dof.. It looks as if he's pashas man... Yes that Pasha the double agent ( pardon the pun) 

I think JB deep down we all know the chances are under Venkys that we won't get anyone remotely decent on board behind the scenes who isn't a charlatan or cancer..

With more cuts on the way how can anyone ever succeed..

I don't know JB and don't have the answers it's heartbreaking watching what's happening and happened over the last few years 

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

How is it nonsense?

Our DoF (Mr Senior) has brought in one player, and it's someone apparently represented by Mrs Senior. That means the Senior household would benefit from any 'agent fee' that left our club's account as a result of that loan (on top of the salary he receives). Essentially, by loaning Joao, Senior may have given his household extra money. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't say, but it's a concern.

We have been screwed over by agents for nearly 7 years now, so it's okay to be concerned that it's happening again.

If they're any good does it matter who their agent is to you/others? Serious question not on the wind up. 

8 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

If they're any good does it matter who their agent is to you/others? Serious question not on the wind up. 

I don't think the majority of supporters at Ewood on a match day care about who a player might have for an agent.  What they do on the pitch is what matters to the majority.  I don't think the majority are bothered who Mowbray or Joao have as their agents.  They are delivering for the club and that is what matters. 

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

How is it nonsense?

Our DoF (Mr Senior) has brought in one player, and it's someone apparently represented by Mrs Senior. That means the Senior household would benefit from any 'agent fee' that left our club's account as a result of that loan (on top of the salary he receives). Essentially, by loaning Joao, Senior may have given his household extra money. Whether that is true or not, I couldn't say, but it's a concern.

We have been screwed over by agents for nearly 7 years now, so it's okay to be concerned that it's happening again.

Two points on that

1-Is it fact that she is Joao's agent or just rumour?

2-The player is playing well and appears to be a good signing. Should we not have signed him? Should we send him back now?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Two points on that

2-The player is playing well and appears to be a good signing. Should we not have signed him? Should we send him back now?

Don't worry, he's leaving soon enough.

Two points on that

So you're now saying it is a concern? 

Whether he works or not is in some ways irrelevant, as ultimately (IF there was corruption/self-interest) in the long term that situation will only be bad for Rovers. For example Rochina was a talent who imo wasn't used as he could/should have been. Doesn't take away that the self-interest of agents at that time meant more bad picks then good, or that long term it wasn't detrimental to us. 

Btw the second point is childish. Should we send him back now - er we can't! Well, I guess we could totally not play him, but that seems a financial loss due to the agreement we have in place with Sheff Weds. In fact that's again a really silly comment to make. Why make it? It's take my ball home type comment. Other than trying to convince me your a juvenile rather than a plan, there is no point in that comment.

Now I have no problem with Jbizzle's posts - who I totally disagree with! The guy makes articulate points on why he thinks Senior is ok (I disagree on them and wouldn't let Senior run a bath let a club, but that's by the by.) In comparison you ask, should we send him back now...  Let's try keeping this as BRFCC rather than the infant Rovers page, eh? 

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

How is it nonsense?

Hopefully the relationship won't be as bad, but the fact that we have someone making transfer decisions at the club, who could benefit personally from them, has to remind everyone of the role Jerome Anderson played. How anyone cannot be concerned by this is beyond me. As we all should know, we somehow ended up with that particular agents son, on our payroll as a player and heaven knows how much that cost. I know the poster you are referring to, has asked questions about things that have gone on at the club, that he seems to have somehow missed, but surely he knows the role that agents have played in our demise. If this is to happen again, that where will this take us? It is potentially a very dangerous situation and one that I feel extremely uncomfortable with.

20 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

So you're now saying it is a concern? 

Whether he works or not is in some ways irrelevant, as ultimately (IF there was corruption/self-interest) in the long term that situation will only be bad for Rovers. For example Rochina was a talent who imo wasn't used as he could/should have been. Doesn't take away that the self-interest of agents at that time meant more bad picks then good, or that long term it wasn't detrimental to us. 

Btw the second point is childish. Should we send him back now - er we can't! Well, I guess we could totally not play him, but that seems a financial loss due to the agreement we have in place with Sheff Weds. In fact that's again a really silly comment to make. Why make it? It's take my ball home type comment. Other than trying to convince me your a juvenile rather than a plan, there is no point in that comment.

Now I have no problem with Jbizzle's posts - who I totally disagree with! The guy makes articulate points on why he thinks Senior is ok (I disagree on them and wouldn't let Senior run a bath let a club, but that's by the by.) In comparison you ask, should we send him back now...  Let's try keeping this as BRFCC rather than the infant Rovers page, eh? 

Firstly ,I was replying to Mike. Secondly, What are you talking about in your first paragraph? I asked is it fact that she is Joaos agent? I don't even know what you are responding too.  

What is it with people not reading posts here and just jumping in with their own spiel? 

Firstly ,I was replying to Mike. Secondly, What are you talking about in your first paragraph? I asked is it fact that she is Joaos agent? I don't even know what you are responding too.  

What is it with people not reading posts here and just jumping in with their own spiel? 

Avoiding the main issue of your childish response in point 2. 

As for paragraph 1, before you said it was of no concern Mrs Senior being an agent. Which seems to have changed to "where's your proof."

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

We may have hit a new low if Joao is represented by the wife of our operations chief. 

Nobody knows if he is though do they?. It's all getting a bit Fox News:rolleyes:

We have a meeting with the club coming up soo, so I am sure that will be asked and as long as the answer is truthful, we will know, if we have hit a new low or not.

Just now, 1arC said:

We have a meeting with the club coming up soo, so I am sure that will be asked and as long as the answer is truthful, we will know, if we have hit a new low or not.

I hope it is asked, and answered. I'm sure there must be governance or 'conflict of interest' laws that cover this stuff. It is the FA though so probably not.  

Archived