BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

On 18/03/2017 at 0:50 PM, Dunnfc said:

a traitor and now resigned/ canned from the trust, hopefully it's the last we hear of Wayne and cWEC 

Wayne Wild came on here and said he would discuss things with any fan once they let themselves known and didn't hide behind their username.Did you take him up on his offer before labelling him a traitor?

I don't know Wayne Wild and have never spoken to the man but I don't believe it's right for him to be labelled a traitor unless you have facts to back this up?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Avoiding the main issue of your childish response in point 2. 

As for paragraph 1, before you said it was of no concern Mrs Senior being an agent. Which seems to have changed to "where's your proof."

What are you actually talking about? If there is no proof she is his agent, this entire conversation is ridiculous. Surprise , surprise on here, there isn't any proof. Just hot air. The usual. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I hope it is asked, and answered. I'm sure there must be governance or 'conflict of interest' laws that cover this stuff. It is the FA though so probably not.  

Some of the posters on here are attending and have invited any other poster to send the a PM if they want a question asking. I am sure the people attending on behalf of the club are going to do their best to side step, a lot of awkward questions coming their way. I know some of the people are attending and we have a very determined group, who will be fighting for real answers.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

If he keeps us up he's done his job.

Pity he couldn't carry on doing his job for us though.

Seems the future is about making players good enough to make a living somewhere else.

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wayne Wild came on here and said he would discuss things with any fan once they let themselves known and didn't hide behind their username.Did you take him up on his offer before labelling him a traitor?

I don't know Wayne Wild and have never spoken to the man but I don't believe it's right for him to be labelled a traitor unless you have facts to back this up?

I'd say it's pretty clear, perhaps a rash choice of words but campaigning for change and being on record of annulling stand sponsorship to this is quite a u-turn don't you think?

happy to discuss this anytime with Wayne too.

31 minutes ago, 1arC said:

Some of the posters on here are attending and have invited any other poster to send the a PM if they want a question asking. I am sure the people attending on behalf of the club are going to do their best to side step, a lot of awkward questions coming their way. I know some of the people are attending and we have a very determined group, who will be fighting for real answers.

I agree.and I would be concerned about the number of groups with so many different questions.

Wouldn't it be great if one, maybe two people were allowed to martial the questioning, so the the questions could be incremental and responses/attempts to explain away could be challenged and built into follow up questions.

But let us not forget, fans will be only be questioning Jeff and Virgil Tracy, not Gerry, Sylvia or, indeed, Jerome Anderson.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I agree.and I would be concerned about the number of groups with so many different questions.

Wouldn't it be great if one, maybe two people were allowed to martial the questioning, so the the questions could be incremental and responses/attempts to explain away could be challenged and built into follow up questions.

But let us not forget, fans will be only be questioning Jeff and Virgil and Tracy, not Gerry, Sylvia or, indeed, Jerome Anderson.

#FansUnited.....if only

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What are you actually talking about? If there is no proof she is his agent, this entire conversation is ridiculous. Surprise , surprise on here, there isn't any proof. Just hot air. The usual. 

Again you ignore your childish comments and me highlighting them.

And before you said it doesn't matter his wife was an agent, which has changed to is she the agent of this player.

Keep moving those goalposts and deflecting.   

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Again you ignore your childish comments and me highlighting them.

And before you said it doesn't matter his wife was an agent, which has changed to is she the agent of this player.

Keep moving those goalposts and deflecting.   

I will say this slowly for you. I don't care who his agent is. I asked if it is indeed fact that she is his agent or are people just jumping to wild conclusions. Two very different points. 

Do you understand? 

Send him back. Don't sign him. It is the same idea if people want us to not use agents or pick and choose the agents we use. 

Think we'll leave it here, so not to clog up the mb.

I understand that you don't get or want to admit there's a potential conflict of interest.

However, send him back now - that means immediately. Along with stop supporting Rovers if you're negative (the latter is a little more of a paraphrase granted) suggests that the toys are well and truly out of the pram when challenged by logic and arguments.

• Backroom
10 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

If they're any good does it matter who their agent is to you/others? Serious question not on the wind up. 

In the current climate, yes.

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I will say this slowly for you. I don't care who his agent is. I asked if it is indeed fact that she is his agent or are people just jumping to wild conclusions. Two very different points. 

Do you understand? 

Send him back. Don't sign him. It is the same idea if people want us to not use agents or pick and choose the agents we use. 

There are connections to Doyen Sports, I think. I don't actually know myself if she's an agent or anything to do with Joao.

BUT it has been suggested my several different people before me. Apologies if I'm wrong, but I believe Mark Fish (or a BRFCAG person) made the link. The furthest I can get with a Google is Doyen, but I trust Mark or Glen's word.

On 3/17/2017 at 5:18 PM, JHRover said:

Not really any such thing as bad sponsorship in my opinion. This club's commercial department has been on its knees for years. People blame ticket sales for our revenues being so low in comparison to rivals yet our commercial income and activities are an embarrassment.

Just look at Fulham on Tuesday night. Advertising boards for Disneyland Florida and Visit Florida, granted their Florida based owner will be responsible but isn't it amazing how other Championship clubs can attract decent lucrative sponsors whilst people like Cheston claim there's no market and no interest in sponsorship for mediocre Championship clubs.

Hmm.

2010: matchday: £6.2M, media: £42.6M, commercial: £9.0M

2011: matchday: £5.5M, media: £42.5M, commercial: £9.5M

2012: matchday: £5.4M, media: £41.1M, commercial: £7.6M

2013: matchday: £4.3M, media: £17.9M, commercial: £4.6M

2014: matchday: £3.1M, media: £22.1M, commercial: £5.2M

2015: matchday: £4.1M, media: £13.3M, commercial: £4.9M

2016: matchday: £3.5M, media: £13.5M, commercial: £5.1M

Commercial has certainly taken an expected hit since relegation, but it's actually been pretty constant the past four years and it's roughly been 'mid-table' by Championship standards. I'm not saying there aren't improvements that could be made... just posting the numbers for their sake. Maybe your example, Fulham, has had a big boost this year, but their commercial income was only £5.2M in 2015 (having dropped from £12M in the PL the year before).

Either way, matchday and commercial are just windowdressing compared to the loss of PL TV money/parachute payments. Perhaps the commercial department could graft about for some more stadium advertising (though that is certainly somewhere where the drop in attendance is hurting revenues in indirect ways...), but another, say, £500k won't change much (and, again, I'm not saying they shouldn't do so, but just giving a broader perspective here...)

12 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

Why is this and what is the current climate?

How about because under the current ownership we let one man live at Brockhall "24/7" running the club, allowed him to influence who the manager was and sign players without the boards consent, and that is the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

Employees of the club or people making decisions for the club should be doing their best for Blackburn Rovers - not for the people they represent, their mates or their family. Since Venkys took over there is clear evidence the latter has been happening.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

There are connections to Doyen Sports, I think. I don't actually know myself if she's an agent or anything to do with Joao.

BUT it has been suggested my several different people before me. Apologies if I'm wrong, but I believe Mark Fish (or a BRFCAG person) made the link. The furthest I can get with a Google is Doyen, but I trust Mark or Glen's word.

It's all a bit vague to be jumping to conclusions. I understand people's suspicions of agents after what happened here,but this seems to be taken as fact by some, with very little substance. If she works for the same agency he came from. Does it really matter? It just strikes me that if the club was going well,nobody would care.

There is an agent infatuation with rovers fans. Understandable to a point,but excessive in some ways. It seems every player or manager we get,the first questions is "who is their agent?" Is it like this at any other club I wonder? 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's all a bit vague to be jumping to conclusions. I understand people's suspicions of agents after what happened here,but this seems to be taken as fact by some, with very little substance. If she works for the same agency he came from. Does it really matter? It just strikes me that if the club was going well,nobody would care.

There is an agent infatuation with rovers fans. Understandable to a point,but excessive in some ways. It seems every player or manager we get,the first questions is "who is their agent?" Is it like this at any other club I wonder? 

I agree, it's OTT, but it's just what jumps to mind. I don't think it'll feel right until Venky's go (or at least are held accountable).

It's just a bit suspicious that no transfers or loans happened apart from this ONE. I don't particularly mind if Joao plays well, but the conflict of interest does bother me.

Just now, Mike E said:

I agree, it's OTT, but it's just what jumps to mind. I don't think it'll feel right until Venky's go (or at least are held accountable).

It's just a bit suspicious that no transfers or loans happened apart from this ONE. I don't particularly mind if Joao plays well, but the conflict of interest does bother me.

The "alleged" conflict of interest ;)

• Backroom

Indeed :P but as I say, I believe the link is there. Out of interest, have you read Glen Mullan's blogs 'Rovers revisited'? It'd shed a lot of light on what you're unsure of.

I take them as legit evidence because he gets legal threats all the time but no-one dared challenge his blog. Therefore = truth.

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet to see a link of any description here saying Joao is Seniors missus client. Surely not that difficult to prove if true? 

If she is his agent. Is it not good that we had first dibs on a players who looks pretty good anyway? 

If we were a normal club, absolutely! Maybe we are on our way to resembling normality again.

But going off the form guide, our club is being shafted again.

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

If we were a normal club, absolutely! Maybe we are on our way to resembling normality again.

But going off the form guide, our club is being shafted again.

Going off form guide we are doing great :)

All this about Joao is completely over the top I'm,there is no evidence! Even if there was,I don't see the major problem. So what if seniors wife is an agent?

I know it's an international break,but let's go back to discussing Bowyers LinkedIn. Any sign of Steve Keans one? I would be interested to see that..

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

All this about Joao is completely over the top I'm,there is no evidence! Even if there was,I don't see the major problem. So what if seniors wife is an agent?

I know it's an international break,but let's go back to discussing Bowyers LinkedIn. Any sign of Steve Keans one? I would be interested to see that..

Can you not see that if Senior's wife is an agent, and we get players under her representation, it is a conflict of interest upon Senior's role with the club?

Other jobs with that kind of conflict are often rendered untenable without contractual provisions.

My point is, I would like to be assured that we recruit for the benefit of the club and not Doyen Sports (SEM in the past) or Senior's back pocket.

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You don't see a problem with the man responsible for player recruitment at Blackburn Rovers bringing in his agent wifes players? Really? you don't see a problem with that? after everything thats gone at Ewood over the past 7yrs? you don't see that as an issue?

Archived