BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Latitude? Are you for real? What have I said that deserves a ban? If you've never seen someone given as much latitude as me before, that says it all about this board and its mods.

You just go on and on and on and on... when it starts making that clicking sound you need to reset the needle.

Your noise to content ratio is currently off the charts. Post something about Rovers - or football even - and give the personal stuff aimed at Mike a rest.

Just now, Stuart said:

You just go on and on and on and on... when it starts making that clicking sound you need to reset the needle.

Your noise to content ratio is currently off the charts. Post something about Rovers - or football even - and give the personal stuff aimed at Mike a rest.

Look at my posts Stuart.

Good evening everyone.

I have been made aware of this post so thought it time to defend myself and my company from some of the downright libelous, hurtful and disrespectful comments that has been made on this post and message board.

Its look me a while to read through this as there is approx. 80% arguments and comments that are nothing to do with the subject. If this message board is to encourage readers and posters then it really needs to delete all the irrelevant stuff that is clearly only of interest to warring posters.

Firstly. My company's marketing team asked me to consider an offer to become BRFCs Social Media Partner. The main purpose and advantage would be to utilise the BRFCs platforms of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc to reach out to their many followers to promote our Apprentice Training Academy and any of our 40 ish vacancies WEC currently have. Once I considered it I quickly concluded that it was an excellent idea to hopefully encourage local people into employment both via apprenticeships and direct employment and to connect to people we generally wouldn't as a B2B operation. As a major employer of >800 people it would be grossly unfair for me to blindly use my disconnect with the owners as a barrier for our professional marketing teams not to utilise services that they clearly thought would be a positive business decision.

To then read comments on here (from people who should know better) to accuse me personally of a long list of things is a disgrace.

Stuart - "An amazing turnaround"

Mike E - "Wild by nature"

Gav - "Makes me sick to my stomach"

Neal - "If Wayne gets a seat on the board then he'll ne viewed as Venkys"

Dunnfc - "A traitor"

then 5 pages of absolute irrelevance to the subject..

Sparks Rover - "Happy to be associated with the Venkys"

A cup of beans - "Just proves his selfish self ineptest outweighs his love for Rovers"

then 5 more pages of irrelevance. Any positive posts from a number of people are completely ignored of course.

I have been a proud lifelong Blackburn Rovers supporter and now proud both my 2 sons are too. I'm sure they'd both be very hurt to have their dad described as a traitor on a Blackburn Rovers message board.

Over the past 5 years since refusing to continue our stand sponsorship due to the lack of respect and interest from our current owners I have still contributed and supported my club in many many ways too long to list here.

I have been proud to not only help form The Rovers Trust from inception but to also be the Chairman for 5 years and build a professional board. Whilst many continue to criticise many things not many have managed to step forward to help. It will be a sad day for us personally when we hand over the reins but the time is now right to bring in a new board and direction. Despite getting agreement with Kate Hollern, Jake Berry, Jack Straw, Will Straw and Graham Jones who all agreed to join us to a visit to India we still haven't had any form of response from the owners. It would've been irresponsible so go without an agreed meeting. So I announced I would go to India but I couldn't get it over the line and therefore felt it was time for someone else to take the lead.

If the owners or their representatives bother to read these message boards they will have a wry smile to the levels of the discontent between supporters. Personally I find it sad and upsetting.

In conclusion, I agreed to the Social Media Sponsorship as a low cost, hopefully effective way for WEC to use BRFCs successful social media platform to encourage local people to work at WEC. I have also spent £1000s over the years on player sponsorships, match sponsorship, season tickets, away tickets, corporate events etc etc etc. If then supports the employees of BRFC too then I will continue to do it even more.

A quick look at the Rovers website shows a long list of national and local sponsors that clearly have never received one ounce of criticism. I do now know after 5 years however understand that when you put you head above the parapet you are there to be criticised, generally unfairly.

Despite 5 years of trying I have never received a reply personally or via The Rovers Trust from the owners. My opinion of their ownership is clearly documented many many times across the internet, print and TV. I have made some lifelong friends (and enemies by the look of this website !) from my time with Rovers Trust and very proud of what we've achieved and the dedication and time taken to achieve it.

This will be my last post and I will be deleting my account. It is not fair for my family and children to be subject to some of the unnecessary personal posts on this site.

If anyone wants to discuss this or anything else in more detail in a professional and courteous way then please email me at waynewild@wecl.co.uk and I will try and reply.

Thanks to the posters who have been supportive of me or within this thread that have clearly understood the reason for this business move.

All the very best to everyone as we all desperately hope for some points to keep us in the championship.

Regards, Wayne.

Just now, Wayne Wild said:

Really? You found that upsetting?

How can you go from rallying the fans to act, to silence, to leaving the Rovers Trust, to sponsoring the club?

As someone who protested, and was really pleased to see you up at that top table along with the Action Group and Ewood Blues, I'm actually really upset that it has turned out to be all for nothing. 

31 minutes ago, Wayne Wild said:

Good evening everyone.

I have been made aware of this post so thought it time to defend myself and my company from some of the downright libelous, hurtful and disrespectful comments that has been made on this post and message board.

Its look me a while to read through this as there is approx. 80% arguments and comments that are nothing to do with the subject. If this message board is to encourage readers and posters then it really needs to delete all the irrelevant stuff that is clearly only of interest to warring posters.

Firstly. My company's marketing team asked me to consider an offer to become BRFCs Social Media Partner. The main purpose and advantage would be to utilise the BRFCs platforms of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc to reach out to their many followers to promote our Apprentice Training Academy and any of our 40 ish vacancies WEC currently have. Once I considered it I quickly concluded that it was an excellent idea to hopefully encourage local people into employment both via apprenticeships and direct employment and to connect to people we generally wouldn't as a B2B operation. As a major employer of >800 people it would be grossly unfair for me to blindly use my disconnect with the owners as a barrier for our professional marketing teams not to utilise services that they clearly thought would be a positive business decision.

To then read comments on here (from people who should know better) to accuse me personally of a long list of things is a disgrace.

Mike E - "Wild by nature"

Gav - "Makes me sick to my stomach"

Neal - "If Wayne gets a seat on the board then he'll ne viewed as Venkys"

Dunnfc - "A traitor"

then 5 pages of absolute irrelevance to the subject..

Sparks Rover - "Happy to be associated with the Venkys"

A cup of beans - "Just proves his selfish self ineptest outweighs his love for Rovers"

then 5 more pages of irrelevance. Any positive posts from a number of people are completely ignored of course.

I have been a proud lifelong Blackburn Rovers supporter and now proud both my 2 sons are too. I'm sure they'd both be very hurt to have their dad described as a traitor on a Blackburn Rovers message board.

Over the past 5 years since refusing to continue our stand sponsorship due to the lack of respect and interest from our current owners I have still contributed and supported my club in many many ways too long to list here.

I have been proud to not only help form The Rovers Trust from inception but to also be the Chairman for 5 years and build a professional board. Whilst many continue to criticise many things not many have managed to step forward to help. It will be a sad day for us personally when we hand over the reins but the time is now right to bring in a new board and direction. Despite getting agreement with Kate Hollern, Jake Berry, Jack Straw, Will Straw and Graham Jones who all agreed to join us to a visit to India we still haven't had any form of response from the owners. It would've been irresponsible so go without an agreed meeting. So I announced I would go to India but I couldn't get it over the line and therefore felt it was time for someone else to take the lead.

If the owners or their representatives bother to read these message boards they will have a wry smile to the levels of the discontent between supporters. Personally I find it sad and upsetting.

In conclusion, I agreed to the Social Media Sponsorship as a low cost, hopefully effective way for WEC to use BRFCs successful social media platform to encourage local people to work at WEC. I have also spent £1000s over the years on player sponsorships, match sponsorship, season tickets, away tickets, corporate events etc etc etc. If then supports the employees of BRFC too then I will continue to do it even more.

A quick look at the Rovers website shows a long list of national and local sponsors that clearly have never received one ounce of criticism. I do now know after 5 years however understand that when you put you head above the parapet you are there to be criticised, generally unfairly.

Despite 5 years of trying I have never received a reply personally or via The Rovers Trust from the owners. My opinion of their ownership is clearly documented many many times across the internet, print and TV. I have made some lifelong friends (and enemies by the look of this website !) from my time with Rovers Trust and very proud of what we've achieved and the dedication and time taken to achieve it.

This will be my last post and I will be deleting my account. It is not fair for my family and children to be subject to some of the unnecessary personal posts on this site.

If anyone wants to discuss this or anything else in more detail in a professional and courteous way then please email me at waynewild@wecl.co.uk and I will try and reply.

Thanks to the posters who have been supportive of me or within this thread that have clearly understood the reason for this business move.

All the very best to everyone as we all desperately hope for some points to keep us in the championship.

Regards, Wayne.

This is a message board, where people are free to post opinion, including yourself by the way who called posters 'keyboard warriors' before you wondered off down to Ewood and signed the deal with the club.

A quick search shows the hypocrisy of that move, its in black and white for all to read.

I'm not even going to debate the subject, its clear to a blind man on a galloping horse what the motives are and good luck to you.

Just my opinion of course.

• Backroom

Sorry Wayne, but you sat at the top table at Blakeys spouting about uniting the fans against Venky's and helping get them out. Now, your company is a sponsor of their company.

The public perception that kind of move creates is what generates the comments you highlight.

Was hoping for a much better response. Most things you've said there just confirms most peoples worst fears. Very poor.

Edit; With the fan base as divided as it is, how did you imagine you becoming the official social media partner, and the reply above, would help. You may have had great intentions but you've got to admit, it don't look great. I honestly think you've scored a bot of an OG here.

7 hours ago, Wayne Wild said:

I've been called a lot worse in person than a 'traitor' by our own fans whilst with my old man on the frontline of protests, also with fans like Mike E... Never mind a few hurtful words on a messageboard. 

I don't blame you for defending yourself but your business interests are of no interest to many Rovers supporters who were at Blakeys, you would have known how this will have been percieved. Many consider our owners to be as bad or almost as bad as the Oystons, if this sort of thing had have happen over there then it would have been a massacre for that business... I'd say a few negative comments on BRFCS isn't too bad on your part.

Wayne. It doesn't need clarifying further. I stand by my comments to you, and you should stand by yours,  instead of floundering for an explanation.

"It is not fair for my family and children to be subject to some of the unnecessary personal posts on this site."

Bringing your children into this is pretty desperate. Kean did similar.

At the risk of offending anyone, or appearing to be a stalker, I note with interest that the club are now posting on Facebook about job opportunities with club partners. A notification just popped up on my phone.

IMG_0706.PNG

Archived