BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

Just now, Mattyblue said:

As much as we look to have improved. The win ratio is hardly better.

7 wins in 31 for Coil

2 wins in 8 for TM

Losing mentality that has stunk out the club for 6 years.

Very harsh. The points-per-game is better than under Coyle and if extrapolated over a season we'd be mid-table. Plus the games Mowbray has faced, especially away have been tough. If only he'd been around for the more winnable away games.   

I still think we'll stay up. Our must-win games are still to come.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody Burton. Scoring on 90 + 6.

Hardly surprising loss in itself and our task was always going to be made more difficult by travelling to Brighton and Reading back to back. Even more so now.

Mowbray knew when he took over we'd probably have to win six or seven of our remaining games to stay up and at the moment we're not on course to do that.

Wonder how costly the last gasp goals conceded against Norwich and Preston will be? It's not the result today that'll send us down it'll be failing to hang on against Norwich Burton and Preston when in the lead.

We could badly  do with an unlikely win against Reading now.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Very harsh. The points-per-game is better than under Coyle and if extrapolated over a season we'd be mid-table. Plus the games Coyle has faced, especially away have been tough. If only he'd been around for the more winnable away games.   

I still think we'll stay up. Our must-win games are still to come.

I've a lot of time for TM, if he'd have been appointed at Christmas, I believe we'd have stayed up comfortably.

However, the facts are we still aren't winning matches and we are rapidly running out of time.

It feels like a nail in the coffin today, especially with Burton getting a late winner, but I think we have to put this in perspective. No one was expecting anything from today and we have indeed lost, but by a narrow margin. As can be seen from the before and after table, we are still firmly in the mix. I can see 4 points coming from the next two and we will be out of the bottom 3 by next Saturday. With Bristol City and  Forest still to come after that, we are still in with a big chance of staying up.

Heads up guys, we have a good manager in place and are by no means cut adrift. Had Coyle still been here the fat lady would have been singing already.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fiver a ticket ...great crowd though!

Thanks for that, still a decent crowd though as you say.

With Venky's in charge we'd have to make it free, plus as many pies and beers as you can consume in 90 minutes, and we still wouldn't get that.

Just now, 1arC said:

It feels like a nail in the coffin today, especially with Burton getting a late winner, but I think we have to put this in perspective. No one was expecting anything from today and we have indeed lost, but by a narrow margin. As can be seen from the before and after table, we are still firmly in the mix. I can see 4 points coming from the next two and we will be out of the bottom 3 by next Saturday. With Bristol City and  Forest still to come after that, we are still in with a big chance of staying up.

Heads up guys, we have a good manager in place and are by no means cut adrift. Had Coyle still been here the fat lady would have been singing already.

True. I wasn't expecting anything last August.

It was a kamikaze plane with Coyle in the cockpit, diving headlong towards League 1.

Now 500 ft from the ground, they change tactics. It is a real sickener because I actually have a bit of hope.

The powers that be have -at best-taken a real gamble with our full member status. Even now, we somehow have a faint chance, but we all know they have neen reckless and left it far too late to act.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Wish we had Glenn Murray, I don't know how many clubs he's played for, but he seems to have a knack of scoring whenever his team needs

a goal.

He certainly knows how to score against us. Then for some strange reason in the past gob off at our fans!

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Away at a decent side? No we haven't (bar a 10 man Norwich). 40% at Fulham...

I said almost.

Didn't expect anything today and got nothing but it's the Burton result that's the killer, Huddersfield aren't helping us with recent results are they?! Can't see getting anything at Reading either.

Good job Bristol have Nob End away and Burton have Newcastle away the following day. Forest are away to Wolves so that could go either way.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Big Sam working his magic at palace.

Imagine where we could be if Venkys had of stuck with him and let him spend the cash Kean had. Solid top 10 premier league team,possibly even Europe. 

There's a lot more to it than just keeping Big Sam.

Sense of perspective needed.

Didn't expect anything today nor do I on Tuesday at Reading.

Have said on many occasions, our salvation WILL come from the last six games when I expect us to pick up twelve points.

I am not at all worried.

Just chill.

Just now, Mercer said:

Sense of perspective needed.

Didn't expect anything today nor do I on Tuesday at Reading.

Have said on many occasions, our salvation WILL come from the last six games when I expect us to pick up twelve points.

I am not at all worried.

Just chill.

I think you need to read your first sentence back to yourself.

21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Home To Barnsley, away to Forest and then the biggie at home to Bristol City will determine our season. Win those and we could still avoid the drop.

Those 3 games are the big ones. We need 7 points. But everyone can beat anyone in this league. 

On the game, listened to game on Radio. It appears that we were good defensively and structurly but lack the quality to break Brighton down. 

Ive just seen the goal and its looks like Murray runs off Mulgrew who doesnt track his run

We really need to get ahead of Bristol asap as I think it's between us and them. I can't see us getting anything against Reading and hopefully Preston do us a favour and beat Bristol.

Then the following week we need to beat Barnsley and Bristol need to lose to Wolves at home.

Then after that we need to beat Forest away and Bristol need to lose to QPR.

If we manage that I'll start to believe.

Edit: I'll also start to believe Burnley have a good chance of getting relegated if they lose to Stoke and Everton.

• Backroom

The much reviled Paul Lambert now has Wolves up to 16th with three wins on the bounce. No idea how that's happened, considering the brain trust on here keep telling us he's a "fraud".

As for perspective - 4 points out of the last 15. Not good enough. Wins needed immediately, because I'll admit right now, I don't trust our current team if it comes down to the wire and the pressure is on. 

Archived