BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Careful Parson will be looking forwards ;) 

Meanwhile all under the watch recently (last 3) years of Cheston

Never ever put an account in charge of a business. Self-fulfilling prophesy of penny pinching and lack of entrepreneurialism. Football is about taking calculated risks, get the right and enjoy the rewards, get them wrong and suffer the consequences (which is why managers usually get potted for not delivering).

Take no risks and you stagnate, and are overtaken by your peers.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Careful Parson will be looking forwards ;) 

Meanwhile all under the watch recently (last 3) years of Cheston

Why are you blaming Cheston?If it wasn't Mike Cheston it would just be someone else working under the same remit that Venkys want.

After listening to the audio of the meeting on Thursday I have to say I feel a bit of sympathy for Cheston.He got hounded for Pasha not being in attendance I'm not quite sure why though?Should he have put a gun to Pasha's head and forced him?

Just now, islander200 said:

Why are you blaming Cheston?If it wasn't Mike Cheston it would just be someone else working under the same remit that Venkys want.

After listening to the audio of the meeting on Thursday I have to say I feel a bit of sympathy for Cheston.He got hounded for Pasha not being in attendance I'm not quite sure why though?Should he have put a gun to Pasha's head and forced him?

His name is on the door and book stops with him. Running up the loans, selling peoples season tickets before they've even bought them. 

Don't forget his masterstroke of appointing "the outstanding" candidate which has almost seen us relegated now. He needs to go.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

His name is on the door and book stops with him. Running up the loans, selling peoples season tickets before they've even bought them. 

Don't forget his masterstroke of appointing "the outstanding" candidate which has almost seen us relegated now. He needs to go.

I thought he wanted Warnock only for Coyle to be appointed while he was away?Like I said if it wasn't Mike Cheston it would just be someone else doing the exact same thing under Venkys watch.If he was removed I don't see what difference it would make?We would still have the same owners who are the problem.We were in the sh*t before Mike Cheston came on the scene and it wasn't Cheston who handed out all the ridiculous contracts that have left us in this financial mess..Murphy,best,etuthu etc

I feel a bit of sympathy for Cheston.He got hounded for Pasha not being in attendance I'm not quite sure why though?Should he have put a gun to Pasha's head and forced him?

I don't one bit. His name is on the door, he's the only director so effectively it's his problem the moment he confirmed "Suhail" was an employee and paid for by the club. 

Mike the director, the gaffer, the no.1 In a business if my director told me to do something, you can bet on it i would.

To openly admit to not knowing if he was called Pasha, Shaikh or something else and confirm to people that he knows him as just "SuhaiL" and confirming he doesn't know his job role is shocking.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I don't one bit. His name is on the door, he's the only director so effectively it's his problem the moment he confirmed "Suhail" was an employee and paid for by the club. 

Mike the director, the gaffer, the no.1 In a business if my director told me to do something, you can bet on it i would.

To openly admit to not knowing if he was called Pasha, Shaikh or something else and confirm to people that he knows him as just "SuhaiL" and confirming he doesn't know his job role is shocking.

Mike Cheston didn't bring Pasha to the club the owners did.Cheston leaving wouldn't change anything.It's the owners that need to go.

Mike Cheston didn't bring Pasha to the club the owners did.Cheston leaving wouldn't change anything.It's the owners that need to go.

Does your director know your name, job role?

Does your director gamble with the companies future like Mike is doing currently?

Agree the owners need to go but so do people like "Mike" in the process. So someone else comes in, he might just have a backbone and tell "Suhail" to F.O.

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Strap a pair on Tom, this battle won't be for the faint-hearted.

My testicular fortitude isn't an issue - it's that of those on the pitch we need to worry about!

2 hours ago, booth said:

We really need to get ahead of Bristol asap as I think it's between us and them. I can't see us getting anything against Reading and hopefully Preston do us a favour and beat Bristol.

Preston couldn't do us a favour and beat Forest. Doubt if they will beat Bristol.

After defeat at Reading the real kick in the teeth will be when we cannot beat Barnsley at home.

That is when I believe we will be doomed.

37 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

This is not Mowbray s fault.

They are playing the best football this season. Which isn't saying much admittedly.

''Tis true. We'd already be down if Coil was still here. Mowbray's given us a fighting chance, but we need to start winning more than we lose / draw

Difficult situation though as the 2 banks of 4 approach seemed to be working so it was a matter of do you make changes and open it up a bit or keep things as they were as long as poss if your comfortable. A couple of times recently the bold subs have backfired so I can understand the cautious approach today but as usual bad goal to give away at a bad time.

Another difficult one at Reading who's tails are up but who really are not that much better a team in terms of 11 v 11. The front men need some of the right kind of service even if it's 2 banks of 4 so hopefully a more positive approach for the next one.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Does your director know your name, job role?

Does your director gamble with the companies future like Mike is doing currently?

Agree the owners need to go but so do people like "Mike" in the process. So someone else comes in, he might just have a backbone and tell "Suhail" to F.O.

Tell "Suhail" to F.O.I really don't understand where you are coming from here?The owners employed Pasha not Cheston.

I agree completely that the club would be a lot better off if we had someone proper in place like a John Williams or a Peter Kenyon or whoever but the club's problems are not down to Mike Cheston...if he was to leave tomorrow it would just be someone else doing the same thing on the owners behalf.And like I said in my previous post the big contracts handed out that we are still paying for where not signed off by Cheston.We can choose to blame Shaw,Singh,Hunt and whoever else but at the end of the day it's the Rao family that are killing the club.

50 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I'm not sure how you work that out?

It didn't cost Bowton owt

Assuming 6k ST holders

8k x £23 each = £184,000

17k x £5 each = £85,000

£99,000 loss on normal earnings.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't he being sarcastic like Bolton paid everyone a fiver to go or something :wacko:B)

Its all about being on the same wavelength :)

I hope that someone who saw the game will write their views. The stats indicate to me  a tippy tappy possession based defensive approach which is perfectly understandable but with no attacking threat at all. Graham who can hold the ball up and lay it off would have been useful to have had available.

I did not really expect much from this game but the lack of goal attempts did my head in last night.

Worrying times to be a Rover.

#F.O.VENKYS

Listen Reyt I'm slightly glad our unbeaten run has come to an end today. I didn't want it hanging over us in our big home games coming up. A defeat today might be a blessing in disguise.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Listen Reyt I'm slightly glad our unbeaten run has come to an end today. I didn't want it hanging over us in our big home games coming up. A defeat today might be a blessing in disguise.

Personally, I would rather have had a point, and worry about the other games when they come. Although I get where you are coming from.  

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you have a point,say it out. Don't ask silly questions. 

Just to point out, first shots were fired by the above, as usual.

Silly question? It's a question that hasn't been officially answered so I'd say it's a very important question. For some reason you think sacking Sam Allardyce was the beginning of the fiasco and that all would be as before had they not done so. All keeping SA would have done is delayed the inevitable by a short amount of time.

You only have to read the official letters to see how John Williams and co were being overruled by outside parties. If they hadn't sacked Sam those outside parties would still have been running the club into the ground and we'd still be where we are today.

Archived