BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

Well a massive game is next and could write where we are next season.

We Really need to be on our A Game to get a result .

I can only pray the team can produce our game of the Season.

I would Take a draw . I do not believe we can afford to loose it, A big test for the Team. Tony and  his staff.Another roller coaster ride for the fans.

predictions??

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a free hit. 

Anything will be a bonus. 

Our salvation will come from the last six games.

Simply go to Brighton and go for it.  Think there's more pressure on them.  Who knows what might happen.  Attack, attack, attack !

Just now, Mercer said:

This is a free hit. 

Simply go to Brighton and go for it.  Think there's more pressure on them.  Who knows what might happen.  Attack, attack, attack !

Agreed on this game and would have this attitude from here to end of season and make others worry about us.

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is a free hit. 

For once, agree with most of that (free hit, bonus etc).  If I'm going to be really optimistic, might even throw in that BHA haven't been in all-conquering form lately.  If we can get a battling point I'd be chuffed though.

Its about how we approach it from the very off. Brighton are a team that can crucify you if you sit back, we saw this a few weeks ago when they obliterated Derby. I do believe that we actually owe Brighton one back after their recent results against us. It will be hard for sure but if we can take a point I would be very happy.

• Paul pinned this topic

OK here I am clutching at straws:

- if positions were reversed, we would be feeling more than a little apprehensive about this one. Brighton are in the nervy promotion "close but a few too many games before it is clinched" position. They are not even mathematically certain of the play-offs yet and won't be whatever the result of our game. 

- they are far enough ahead of Huddersfield that a blip won't cause too many ructions

- Brighton are not that special but they are very well managed. Now we have Mowbray, we don't give the opposition a massive advantage in the dug-outs

Their attack is far too good for our defense so this is going to call for midfield heroics and taking the few chances when they come.

Expecting a defeat (3-0) but hoping for something. At least one of the travelling travellers in distress trying to avoid 22nd will pinch an unexpected away win and if its not us, that table will look very bleak.

Might be a few nerves around Brighton as the run in starts but then again they could come out with the intention of steamrolling Rovers. Very difficult to see anything here even with ever so slightly renewed optimism. Trouble Is with Rovers they always find a way of giving the opposition a goal or two it's been the most common theme on the pitch for years now (about 6+) :wacko:

Seagulls 2    Rovers  1

9 hours ago, philipl said:

OK here I am clutching at straws:

- if positions were reversed, we would be feeling more than a little apprehensive about this one. Brighton are in the nervy promotion "close but a few too many games before it is clinched" position. They are not even mathematically certain of the play-offs yet and won't be whatever the result of our game. 

- they are far enough ahead of Huddersfield that a blip won't cause too many ructions

- Brighton are not that special but they are very well managed. Now we have Mowbray, we don't give the opposition a massive advantage in the dug-outs

Their attack is far too good for our defense so this is going to call for midfield heroics and taking the few chances when they come.

Expecting a defeat (3-0) but hoping for something. At least one of the travelling travellers in distress trying to avoid 22nd will pinch an unexpected win and if its not us, that table will look very bleak.

Brighton are only 6 points in front and Hudderfield have a game in hand. I should imagine Brighton are feeling a bit twitchy.

Just now, wolfie said:

Brighton are only 6 points in front and Huddersfield have a game in hand. I should imagine Brighton are feeling a bit twitchy.

The goal difference is so much in Brighton's favour that it is the equivalent of a 7 point lead.

Just now, philipl said:

The goal difference is so much in Brighton's favour that it is the equivalent of a 7 point lead.

I suppose it depends on how you define 'a blip' :)

I think a few people will have an eye on the Burton game on Saturday too. With their two tough away games and on the back of the collapse V Brentford at home, they should be the ones to catch. If we can remain one point behind, or better still above them, after the next two games, then we have to believe we can do it. A point for us on Saturday will be a big bonus, as far as I am concerned and I hope and pray for it.

Whilst I am not expecting anything from this game, I fell with TM in charge we have a chance to go and get something from this game.

I think any of us of would not expect us to go there and get much if anything from this game.

However what I am absolutely confident of doing, is going there and giving a side fighting for promotion a good and competitive game, something which I would not have been confident with the dingle in charge....

19 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Very hard fixture..how we needed three points from that PNE game.

In football things do even out especially when you have a decent manager like TM.

Maybe next time the subs work out well and we get  a 94th minute winner!

Scotland last night a good example of a sub working out well.

Same for us on Saturday would be exceptional.

Like most I would be very happy with a point v Brighton and also if we loose then not by a tonking as GD will be an important factor in the battle to avoid relegation.

Mercer has this one bang on, any kind of result would be a bonus.

Ipwich got a very credible draw down there and Forest hammered them at The City ground, so they're a bit hit miss.

1-1 draw 

Under Coyle 4-1 loss

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Mercer has this one bang on, any kind of result would be a bonus.

Ipwich got a very credible draw down there and Forest hammered them at The City ground, so they're a bit hit miss.

1-1 draw 

Under Coyle 4-1 loss

Just have to look at the feeling of how we'd do under Coyle in this game.

Excited and nervous for this game already.

I am usually a pessimist.  Somehow I think we will go against all the odds and get a completely unexpected 3 points from this game.

Hope I'm right and Hope will be the hero.

Archived