BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season ticket 2017/18

Rovers always used to put ST's on sale early and rightly faced criticism from fans when they failed to do so.  However in my opinion this early bird offer is about cash flow and I very much doubt is because they care about the fans.

As for me will I buy one.....NO.  I have been on 5 Rovers home games this season thanks to borrowing ST's.  After 50 years of being a fanatic I still cannot bring myself  to fund these robbing bas'tards a penny.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no real evidence to suggest  that supporters could lose their money though is there? Apart from from you.

I wasn't at the supporters meeting but my reading of the LT summary of the meeting  was that it was said administration in the  forseeable future was very much NOT likely as opposed to likely.

I wouldn't for one minute expect Cheston or anyone else to completely rule out the possibility of administration at any point. We're still losing money hand over fist and it's not his decision to make, so he'd look even more foolish than normal if he ruled it out completely and the owners then changed their mind at a later date.

As regards the high interest loans it all depends whether or not cheaper borrowing facilities were available to us in our current beleaguered state. If they were, then questions need to be asked but normally loans get more expensive as your situation worsens. I don't see how you can be too critical about that unless you know for a fact cheaper facilities were definitely available but were passed up in favour of more expensive alternatives.

Until that is proven I don't know why any supporter would object to the purchase of a season ticket solely on those grounds. It's probably an unfortunate by product of our overall situation.

All that said if you do think there's a good chance of imminent administration (contrary to what it appears was said at the meeting) then yes it is sound advice to purchase on your credit card.

Agreed.

From the LT:-

The panel were asked if there was a possibility that the club could go in to administration within the next two years,

Cheston said: “I can’t guarantee things like that. You can never say never. The likelihood is definitely not.”

Cheston seems about as unequivocal as he can be considering he doesn't own the club. He can't say 'never' because Venky's might walk away tomorrow. I think some people might be trying to scare fans into not buying season tickets because it's suits their own particular agenda. Just my opinion.    

Fans won't be scared into not buying an ST. In any case the advice I've seen has been"use a credit card" just in case. Nothing wrong in that.

In any case, what agenda do the fans you don't like have, other than to want to get rid of Venkys?

Again nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Season tickets have been on sale at many of the clubs we have visited recently for some time now, about time we did likewise for once. 

Whilst you have a point, Thursday's meeting has done nothing to assuage fears that cash flow is a major, major issue. This should not be the case with rich owners supporting the club.

You keep explaining away everything they do as part and parcel of football's ebb and flow. The reality is that we have a crippling debt and we are mortgaging unsecured future income to pay the bills. Yet when this arrogant, gamble is not backed up by the fans buying enough STs I expect you will simply blame the fans.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart, are you renewing your season ticket?

Very simple question

Given your track record for avoiding very simple questions, that's very slippery of you.

However...

If it was just me then I think it would be a definite no. I've previously believed that boycotting is like not voting in an election - you have no voice - but this is no longer much of an argument. Although I understand the NAPM stance in principle, you don't get in without a ticket and given the financial situation I'd suggest at this stage none of my ticket money finds its way to Venkys - it's people paying between 2011 and 2013 that have been mugged (myself included).

The trouble is, as the NAPM boycotters Rovers fans don't agree and will not attend (or attend outside the ground) it makes it less and less of a voice. If anything I think the boycotts have destroyed the protests as much as the "True Blue" holier-than-thou types. So why go if I don't even have a voice? (Although cue 10,000 Venkys Out chants as we are relegated against Villa - too little and far too late).

As it is, I've not yet decided not to renew but it will be the last minute before I do - if I do. My decision won't be based on Venkys (I hate them - and I really mean hate - so it would be in spite of them), nor the players, or the division and not even to paint myself as a superfan (like you do) but it will be purely down to family. If my lads want to go, I will take them. It's that simple.

I will however be paying by credit card - if they withdraw that method (who knows what this lot are capable of) then it would be a definite no. I am expecting the club to pop at some point in the near future so I will protect against that. That would be the final kick in the teeth - and quite immoral if you ask me. It's an utter tragedy what has happened here - we are due an equally tragic ending.

Just now, Stuart said:

Given your track record for avoiding very simple questions, that's very slippery of you.

However...

If it was just me then I think it would be a definite no. I've previously believed that boycotting is like not voting in an election - you have no voice - but this is no longer much of an argument. Although I understand the NAPM stance in principle, you don't get in without a ticket and given the financial situation I'd suggest at this stage none of my ticket money finds its way to Venkys - it's people paying between 2011 and 2013 that have been mugged (myself included).

The trouble is, as the NAPM boycotters Rovers fans don't agree and will not attend (or attend outside the ground) it makes it less and less of a voice. If anything I think the boycotts have destroyed the protests as much as the "True Blue" holier-than-thou types. So why go if I don't even have a voice? (Although cue 10,000 Venkys Out chants as we are relegated against Villa - too little and far too late).

As it is, I've not yet decided not to renew but it will be the last minute before I do - if I do. My decision won't be based on Venkys (I hate them - and I really mean hate - so it would be in spite of them), nor the players, or the division and not even to paint myself as a superfan (like you do) but it will be purely down to family. If my lads want to go, I will take them. It's that simple.

I will however be paying by credit card - if they withdraw that method (who knows what this lot are capable of) then it would be a definite no. I am expecting the club to pop at some point in the near future so I will protect against that. That would be the final kick in the teeth - and quite immoral if you ask me. It's an utter tragedy what has happened here - we are due an equally tragic ending.

Everyone makes the decision to renew based on their personal circumstances Stuart - you are not unique in that.  I'm more than happy to renew because following the Rovers is what I enjoy and is how I decide to spend my money.  It's that simple.  You seem to want to give everyone a label for some reason.  Just accept the fact that we all spend our leisure time doing the things we enjoy.  If you and your lads enjoy going to football you shouldn't feel the need to explain it - just do it and enjoy it.

• Backroom
Just now, Parsonblue said:

Everyone makes the decision to renew based on their personal circumstances Stuart - you are not unique in that.  I'm more than happy to renew because following the Rovers is what I enjoy and is how I decide to spend my money.  It's that simple.  You seem to want to give everyone a label for some reason.  Just accept the fact that we all spend our leisure time doing the things we enjoy.  If you and your lads enjoy going to football you shouldn't feel the need to explain it - just do it and enjoy it.

Perhaps you should accept the fact not everybody can forget the ongoing dismantling of BRFC. If Stuart wants to explain his reasons for renewal then he has every right to, he certainly doesn't deserve to be patronisingly told "just do it and enjoy it". 

Exactly. 

I enjoyed following Rovers and attendng games. Off to Forest and Wolves away aswell. 

No one should be label as this type of fan. I am passionate Rovers fan. Not a superfan like Stuart says. Hate the term tbh. 

Most people decisions are down to personal and family reasons. Even mine is after the past 12 months. 

Just now, DE. said:

Perhaps you should accept the fact not everybody can forget the ongoing dismantling of BRFC. If Stuart wants to explain his reasons for renewal then he has every right to, he certainly doesn't deserve to be patronisingly told "just do it and enjoy it". 

Anyone who isn't soul searching about what to do for the best next season isn't paying attention.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. 

I enjoyed following Rovers and attendng games. Off to Forest and Wolves away aswell. 

No one should be label as this type of fan. I am passionate Rovers fan. Not a superfan like Stuart says. Hate the term tbh. 

Most people decisions are down to personal and family reasons. Even mine is after the past 12 months. 

One of these days you will grow an opinion of your own which isn't given to you by Parsonblue. I look forward to that day.

Whether you will stick to that opinion is another matter entirely.

Just now, Stuart said:

Anyone who isn't soul searching about what to do for the best next season isn't paying attention.

At the end of the day Stuart, and I mean this with fullest respect and in no way making any point about the owners/protests etc., if you and your lads enjoy going to football together then do it.  That time together and those memories are far more important than anything else.

At the end of the day Stuart, and I mean this with fullest respect and in no way making any point about the owners/protests etc., if you and your lads enjoy going to football together then do it.  That time together and those memories are far more important than anything else.

I agree with this bit.

BUT

That time (i do with my brother) can spent anywhere away from Ewood. We've watched various Wigan and Man Utd games, Gone to watch rugby, gone shopping and for a few beers in a city we've not ever been too. Various things.

This is the only thing I have left Parson.

But even then, being a football supporter is not just about watching a football team play, it's about watching your team play. You come from an era where you went to watch Burnley games and probably many others as a football fan. Football is more tribal than it's ever been and that doesn't happen as much any more. Well until Venkys destroyed Rovers.

The thing is, we are now in a position that many expected us to be when Venkys left. Up the creek without a paddle. But in that case, we would be clean. The genuine boycotters would return and we would all be back to pulling in one direction (barring any daft stuff between 'rival fan groups' - if ever there was any more stupid an idea).

As it is, we are that club yet Venkys are still here driving a wedge right through the middle of club. They absolutely must leave or use their own cash, although it's clear they won't do the latter - and in all likelihood never have. Relegation may bring that one. 2000 STs sold by the end of May might bring on administration first.

I stick to my line in the post you quoted.

• Backroom

Completely agree. Unfortunately, that's why we've given up our STs, no more enjoyment at Rovers.

Previous to that we've only had one year away from Ewood, the first championship season (we got halves after Kean left).

So that's 0.5 seasons out of 15 for me, 0.5 seasons out of 64 for my dad. Venky's have beaten it out of us.

We'll still take in the odd match ofc, but I just hope Venky's go while my dad's still here. Even the Cup Final fiasco didn't put dad off like they have.

Just now, Stuart said:

One of these days you will grow an opinion of your own which isn't given to you by Parsonblue. I look forward to that day.

Whether you will stick to that opinion is another matter entirely.

Stuart, I enjoyed going to Rovers games and I have 2 weekends plan away with Missus. Forest and Wolves away. Clearly you dont like this or dont enjoy the games. If you dont enjoy why attend? 

I agree with your post on the protest and why it doesnt work

My family is important to me and after my missus having Major Brain Surgery over Christmas/New Year time plus once having to go back in with complications. She kept telling me to go to the Football and enjoyed myself. She has since attended a couple of games after her surgery. We have been through alot in the past 12 months but now things are alot better, and we keep positive and focus on the things that matters to us. 

You called me a Superfan. Ive never said I was and I find the term an insult. I am passionate Rovers fan and nothing more. 

Me and Parsonblue have similar views and thats it. Never met him btw. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Cheston says we shouldn't rely on the owners for money. 

Polite way of saying they won't provide it anymore to their own club when it needs it most. Fit and proper ?  Our baby ?  Continuing financial support ? Paying the bills ?

Con jobs.

Just now, tomphil said:

Polite way of saying they won't provide it anymore to their own club when it needs it most. Fit and proper ?  Our baby ?  Continuing financial support ? Paying the bills ?

Con jobs.

Someone did point that out on that audio to be fair.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart, I enjoyed going to Rovers games and I have 2 weekends plan away with Missus. Forest and Wolves away. Clearly you dont like this or dont enjoy the games. If you dont enjoy why attend? 

I agree with your post on the protest and why it doesnt work

My family is important to me and after my missus having Major Brain Surgery over Christmas/New Year time plus once having to go back in with complications. She kept telling me to go to the Football and enjoyed myself. She has since attended a couple of games after her surgery. We have been through alot in the past 12 months but now things are alot better, and we keep positive and focus on the things that matters to us. 

You called me a Superfan. Ive never said I was and I find the term an insult. I am passionate Rovers fan and nothing more. 

Me and Parsonblue have similar views and thats it. Never met him btw. 

Sorry to hear about your missus. Hope she is recovering well.

• Backroom

Honestly Chaddy, I find it bizarre for you or Parson to be espousing the "if you don't enjoy it, why are you going?" line. It's in direct contradiction to things you have both said in the past about supporters sticking by the club through the good times and the bad times. Either you're contradicting yourselves or you're inferring that Stuart isn't a "real" supporter. I imagine it's the former as I don't think either of you are intending any malice, but maybe you both need to reconsider what you're asking here.

Archived