BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'm just awaiting the prediction of a thumping Mercer win to know if we're royally screwed for the weekend.

A must win game that we WILL win.

Barnsley have done well this seaon but in the likes of Emnes, Joao and Gallagher, we will have too much fire power.  Rovers to win but we'll need three goals!

Rumours that Mulgrew's season is over with Lenihan not far behind (out for at least three weeks).

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Barnsley have done well this seaon but in the likes of Emnes, Joao and Gallagher, we will have too much fire power.  Rovers to win but we'll need three goals!

Rumours that Mulgrew's season is over with Lenihan not far behind (out for at least three weeks).

Both would be an absolute disaster if that's the case. Mulgrew being a huge loss to the team.

This is the biggest must win I can remember for a long time, the prospect of league one football has never been so real.

We simply have to get 3 points here.

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think we'll need 4 goals per match if those two are crocked with Greer out also. Survival will be an extremely tall order without our two most influential players for the run in.

Hoban and Big Bad Wes at the back for the next 6 matches?!

1 hour ago, Irishrover213 said:

Guessing oh dear is Brown 

I agree that Bennett at RB is a better option in a must win match at home. Raya surely can't be any worse than goal a game giveaway Steele and if he is why did they even bother to extend his contract last month?

1 hour ago, 1arC said:

Is there any way we could recall Scott Wharton back form his loan at Cambridge?

I don't think you can midseason anymore because they have stopped short-term loans. Loans now have to be either 6 or 12 months, and I'm pretty sure you can only recall players during the transfer window. Could be wrong though.

• Backroom
On 03/04/2017 at 10:48 PM, preston blue said:

Hopefully a win, but sadly not sure.

I will be in St Brelades Bay in Jersey.  The graveyard where Jack Walker is buried is by the beach and I will place some red roses on his grave.

For those few of you who bother to go to Ewood on Saturday please leave a message for the Venkys.

Lovely place we used to stay in the Golden Sands hotel on the front and spent many hours on 'crab rock'

Anyway no time for hard luck or excuses it's win or bust now 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Probably the only benefit of us going down .... your promise to disappear from here and thus we will no longer be subject to these posts. 

52 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lovely place we used to stay in the Golden Sands hotel on the front and spent many hours on 'crab rock'

Anyway no time for hard luck or excuses it's win or bust now 

Stopping at the same place Tom, I do like it.  Got a good deal and hire car thrown in.  I will be on pins watching for the Rovers score.

On 4/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, preston blue said:

Hopefully a win, but sadly not sure.

I will be in St Brelades Bay in Jersey.  The graveyard where Jack Walker is buried is by the beach and I will place some red roses on his grave.

For those few of you who bother to go to Ewood on Saturday please leave a message for the Venkys.

I live in Jersey! are you Jersey born?

4 hours ago, alcd said:

I agree that Bennett at RB is a better option in a must win match at home. Raya surely can't be any worse than goal a game giveaway Steele and if he is why did they even bother to extend his contract last month?

Bennett hasn't been bad in games that I've seen him in.

TM won't start Mahoney. He also seems to be using feeney as impact sub. I hope to God linehan is fit as it doesn't look like mulgrew will be. 

I wouldn't go with raya this is no time to throw in a rookie goal keeper 

I hope they keep Bennett next season whichever lge he's a handy player and seems a true pro. Other clubs fans speak well of him and he's one of a few you believe when he speaks about games etc.

Just now, 1arC said:

Absolutely not and it seems like the luck is going against us just now.

It does seem that way for the past few weeks. Hopefully it turns now over the next six games. Our rivals are all at home this weekend with visits from difficult opposition. A win for us and defeats for as many as possible from Bristol, Forest, Burton and even Birmingham would do very nicely. 

For me must win game has to have experienced level headed heads. I would go with

---------------------Steele-------------------

Nyambe--Brown--Ward---Williams

--------Lowe-----Guthrie--------

Mahoney-----Emnes--------Feeney

-------------Joao---------

For the love of Christ bench Conway

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

For me must win game has to have experienced level headed heads. I would go with

---------------------Steele-------------------

Nyambe--Brown--Ward---Williams

--------Lowe-----Guthrie--------

Mahoney-----Emnes--------Feeney

-------------Joao---------

For the love of Christ bench Conway

You would play ward and brown ahead of Hoban?

Archived