BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

Just now, arbitro said:

The white flag was well and truly waved at Ewood this afternoon as the collection of loans and frees just looked like they weren't really bothered. And I can't get angry because, like many others I felt relegation has been on the cards since last summer. We were offered a little hope during the early part of Mowbrays tenure but today most of the players reverted to type and proved why they aren't anywhere near good enough. The only positive for me today is that the majority of lily livered excuses for footballers won't be here next season.

They won't be but their lesser replacements will be.

Worrying doesn't come close.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hindsight, Venkys landing another outcast stooge for the manager's job last June was the final nail in the coffin. Still, the saddest thing among many bad ones is that relegation is likely to harden their resolve even more. They will keep trying to sweep their hilariously inept purchase and handling of our club under the carpet rather than getting even less money than before to concede what a bunch of cretins they are. 

I don't mind so much when a player has an off day, we're all guilty of that and I don't really mind when the players simply aren't good enough. This squad has shown that they are good enough and today they were mainly lazy b******s and I'll never, ever excuse that, especially when you consider their wages and pampered lifestyle. :angry:

Well we will go to the blame game.. Venky's to blame , Manager to blame but it never seems to be down to the Squad . 

Yes I agree to lack of ect ect  ,however when your this far into relegation its stand up and be counted regime as I have not seen the game yet I can not really say if the squad performed on the wages they are paid to do the job . In my past jobs my wages were paid on your performance ie  hit above target met bonus . Hit target wage below target minimum wage . Maybe there should be similar rules should apply in football for managers and squad?

I guess Jimmy Hill originally came up with higher wages for footballers and he had a lot of good ideas that  helped football grow as a game, but maybe wages to ratio of performance needs to come into play across the board  referees ect included ..

Maybe I being daft here any thoughts?

Just now, OJRovers said:

9th highest wages in the league. 

That's the bit that really bites.

More @#/? yes it was in 2016 accounts (June) it was the 9th.

Since then Hanley, Duffy, Marshall, Killgallon, Spurr, Forrester, O'sullivan, Delfounseo, Brown, Jackson, Williamson, Taylor, etc have all left. 

More like mid-table at the minute but still point noted.

An absolutely pitiful and shameful performance in what was the most critical game of the season. Barnsley were all over us from the word go and humiliated us on our own pitch for 95 minutes. That was the performance and result that sealed relegation. A defeat might not have been fatal had other results gone our way or this team put in a performance that was deserving of a result, but the combination of results, coupled with a lack of effort or pride from the team, means it is curtains for us barring a miraculous turn around or almighty collapse elsewhere.

Anyone really suprised by that today? When the going gets tough round Ewood Park the players go into hiding. When the pressure and expectation is on those in blue and white they just can't hack it. A squad of misfits thrown together on the basis of who has been left over after the sales and who was willing to come for no money rather than who the club needs to succeed. 

The first 10 minutes was one of the most pathetic episodes I have ever witnessed in a professional football match. One side winless in 8, mid-table, nothing to play for, away from home yet took the mick out of Rovers, the side 'fighting' relegation and supposedly in a must win scenario. They looked unfit, disorganised, uninterested and once again caught out early doors and go behind in the first 10 minutes. Completely unprofessional and its been happening all season.

Cheston would do well to observe Barnsley today and think to himself why it is that they have come up from League One, spent little money, have a much smaller wage bill than we do and yet humiliated us as we head into the 3rd tier and they look set for a top half finish. It isn't money Mike!

If we'd have won today we'd have gone to Forest next week with the fans confident of survival. These weak and lazy characters wouldn't want to go to Forest under pressure. At least this way they can coast through the next 5 games passing along the half way line as they like to do as our fate is already virtually sealed.

Just now, JHRover said:

Cheston would do well to observe Barnsley today and think to himself why it is that they have come up from League One, spent little money, have a much smaller wage bill than we do and yet humiliated us as we head into the 3rd tier and they look set for a top half finish. It isn't money Mike!

If we'd have won today we'd have gone to Forest next week with the fans confident of survival. These weak and lazy characters wouldn't want to go to Forest under pressure. At least this way they can coast through the next 5 games passing along the half way line as they like to do as our fate is already virtually sealed.

Best poster on here! Every post is thought out. Credit it to you!

This man want's bloody hounding having overseen as MD the last couple of years. Shambolic display from Cheston.

Just recovering from being at Ewood Park today I have witnessed some appalling performances in my 50 years of watching the Rovers but today must be up there as one of the most pitiful ever we were Humbled by a team who sold their lead striker in the January transfer window yet still managed to out play our inept defence and score after 2 minutes

I am so angry at what has befallen our once great club we are facing relegation again to the third division of English football former Premier League Champions what a shower we have owning, running and playing for this Great Club and fool that I am I have renewed my season tickets. 

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

No excuses it was an appalling performance from a team that look to have finally given up.  They don't seem to have recovered from the late goal against Preston and three successive defeats have come at the wrong time.  I can't see anyway now that we will avoid the drop as wins against Forest and Bristol will only bring us back in the pack.  We probably need to win at least four to give ourselves any chance and it simply isn't going to happen.  Sadly, I'm resigned to watching us suffer our third relegation the Third Division during my time following the club.  Still, we've been down there before and if the worst comes to the worst we will have to simply roll up our sleeves and get on with.  The financial situation is dire but there is no magic wand that is going to change that.  All the complaining the world isn't going to change things.  Until the owners want to sell and until someone is prepared to buy the club everything else is just rhetoric.  Today was as poor as it gets and merely underlines the job Mowbray will have trying to turn this around next season.

"....we will simply have to roll up our sleeves and get on with it.".

I never criticise fellow MB members but that statement is simply taking the biscuit and accepting that this is normal / cyclical.

Just now, JohnD said:

Possibly some new grounds next season, Fleetwood, MK Dons and Stevenage

I have been to Fleetwood a few times.  Great ground and passionate fans, it will be nice to go to a ground (Fleetwood) with some atmosphere.

Just now, rossyrover said:

Just recovering from being at Ewood Park today I have witnessed some appalling performances in my 50 years of watching the Rovers but today must be up there as one of the most pitiful ever we were Humbled by a team who sold their lead striker in the January transfer window yet still managed to out play our inept defence and score after 2 minutes

I am so angry at what has befallen our once great club we are facing relegation again to the third division of English football former Premier League Champions what a shower we have owning, running and playing for this Great Club and fool that I am I have renewed my season tickets. 

Terrible times, get your money back asap. Time to stop funding this farse.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

In each relegation (and this my 5th), there has been a relegation-sealing horror show of a home game. In 1979 it was 1-4 to Cardiff. 38 years later it was 0-2 to Barnsley. 

In 1999 it was v Notts Forest already relegated. In 1979 it was v Burnley.

Archived