BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Why bother arguing Suhail. It's like brexit with some of these.

majority of fans have voted on Blackburn by staying away or boycotting

...and the majority will be back if  we ever get back in the Prem (or are at least challenging for promotion) Venky's or no Venky's.  See Liverpool & Man Utd cup ties for evidence.

Wake up, there are very few genuine boycotters and just thousand of 'lapsed' fans who will be back as soon as a bit of success comes our way again. Twas ever thus. See FM Cup for evidence.

It's the same for every club in England, and beyond.    

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't go to Liverpool cup tie ar Ewood, as I was on hols, but at that stage I still had a season ticket. I didn't go to the Man Utd cup tie this year as I didn't have a season ticket, wasn't prepared to watch us play Championship teams this season although i had before and so couldn't justify attending v Man U. I don't know when ill be back. At some point in the not too distant future I hope but it won't matter who were playing if I do come back. It'll be about feeling part of the club again instead of an irritating afterthought

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Steve1 said:

It's true..people seem to bugger off when there team isn't winning...they go support the winning teams just so they can say yep that's my team...fuk wits imo 

Please will you not swear? (Even if you have spelt it incorrectly).

Anyway, it's been a heartbreaking decision for many people to stop going for a host of reasons because they feel a disconnect from the club due to Venky's. I find it quite staggering that people can see the damage they have caused, acknowledge this, then trivialise the views of those at the end of their tethers. But then, these people of course expect their opinions to be respected, whilst simultaneously not respecting others' views. The internet is magnificent, isn't it?

Venky's out.

Just now, gumboots said:

I didn't go to Liverpool cup tie ar Ewood, as I was on hols, but at that stage I still had a season ticket. I didn't go to the Man Utd cup tie this year as I didn't have a season ticket, wasn't prepared to watch us play Championship teams this season although i had before and so couldn't justify attending v Man U. I don't know when ill be back. At some point in the not too distant future I hope but it won't matter who were playing if I do come back. It'll be about feeling part of the club again instead of an irritating afterthought

Sadly the fans are an afterthought.  They rate 0/100 on the Venkys scoreboard.

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

...and the majority will be back if  we ever get back in the Prem (or are at least challenging for promotion) Venky's or no Venky's.  See Liverpool & Man Utd cup ties for evidence.

Wake up, there are very few genuine boycotters and just thousand of 'lapsed' fans who will be back as soon as a bit of success comes our way again. Twas ever thus. See FM Cup for evidence.

I agree there is always an inherent drop off from the PL upon relegation but this tends to stem between a year or two as other clubs are able to show. Ours from relegation went from 22,500 to 15,000 overnight which I would suggest is the figure which should be a minimum at this level for a club such as Rovers. Since 2014 this has collapsed further and that is the people "spectators/supporters" whom have decided after 7 abhorrent years enough is enough, the average home gate this year is what exactly? 10-11K at a push? So given attendances dropped the moment Venkys arrived and the cricus began from 25k to 22.5K then I would suggest the 10k under Venky's PL and Championship drop also contains a number of supporters who are not prepared to back a joke. In all it looks between 4-5k "Boycotters" and a 9-10k mix of stay aways, PL hunters or people who've simply had enough and decided to find a more attractive hobby.

I don't dispute the fact if we were promoted via way of a miracle a proportion of the above would return, Bolton last week had 23k in league one on the back of a "Fan drive" so quite clearly clubs of our level still maintain a moderate fan base/audience. Issue is we are now after seven years of these idiots in charge the furthest away from the Premier League than we have ever been making your wish and pragmatic post unrealistic in the context of falling attendances. By way of promotion it would be likely that Venky's would have to make a series of investments in the playing squad, infrastructure of the club and become more involved all which remain not just a distant hope but totally unrealistic.

Reviewing the average gates season upon season, there is only one correlation to note and that is a negative one which continues to keep pace and fall. As said our attendances compared to other clubs of this nature have fallen far more dramatically and the consensus I make of it is quite simply people have had enough of Venkys and the 7- years of shenanigans which show no sign of stopping.

Given the derisory attendances against Crewe 2.7k and Blackpool around 6k this season, it would appear even the most hardest of supporters getting behind the boys go missing when it comes to the less glamorous ties of FA and cup fixtures, did you go to these games blueboy?

6 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

edit

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

WUM? Because I asked for proof? That looks like the insult of a man with no proof.

No its a man who knows you are not worth the trouble and will carry on winding up whatever the reply.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Please will you not swear? (Even if you have spelt it incorrectly).

Anyway, it's been a heartbreaking decision for many people to stop going for a host of reasons because they feel a disconnect from the club due to Venky's. I find it quite staggering that people can see the damage they have caused, acknowledge this, then trivialise the views of those at the end of their tethers. But then, these people of course expect their opinions to be respected, whilst simultaneously not respecting others' views. The internet is magnificent, isn't it?

Venky's out.

High horse? Didn't you proclaim last night that we'd be relegated anyway next season, so staying up, supporting the team, is all trivial? 

:) 

Its about the team and the club on Saturday NOT the owners.

Radio Rovers had better have changed the play list to try and generate some kind of pre match build up. The fans should unite together as one for the match and the games v Bristol and Villa, they are all must win games.

After all is said and done do we really want to see Rovers in League one where any future protests wont even appear on a 3rd rate news feed !

ITS TIME TO UNITE AS ONE BRFC:brfc:

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Jbizzle said:

High horse? Didn't you proclaim last night that we'd be relegated anyway next season, so staying up, supporting the team, is all trivial? 

:) 

The players on the pitch get the support of myself and all the other fans regardless, they always have. I also said that, pal. ;)

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

In all it looks between 4-5k "Boycotters" and a 9-10k mix of stay aways, PL hunters or people who've simply had enough and decided to find a more attractive hobby.

Respectfully disagree on that. Whilst there are more stayaways now, there is no way that we'd swell the numbers like that if they left.

Only way thousands are coming back is if we are promoted and/or given new owners who show ambition and savvy. Even then, that won't be overnight.

Look at the numbers protesting instead of going to games, they are "boycotting". That's not 4/5k. It's not even 400/500. The others who aren't doing this, might say they aren't going till Venkys leave, NAPM, they are boycotting but who is it for? It's not a selfless act designed to rid the club of the owners, it's a completely selfish reason - because they've had enough (and who could blame them!)

I can take people giving up, its natural and understandable. I can't put up with those who dress up this as a stand to improve the club. It's complete nonsense, and if many of the doom stories are true, it's actually helping to finish us off.

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I agree there is always an inherent drop off from the PL upon relegation but this tends to stem between a year or two as other clubs are able to show. Ours from relegation went from 22,500 to 15,000 overnight which I would suggest is the figure which should be a minimum at this level for a club such as Rovers. Since 2014 this has collapsed further and that is the people "spectators/supporters" whom have decided after 7 abhorrent years enough is enough, the average home gate this year is what exactly? 10-11K at a push? So given attendances dropped the moment Venkys arrived and the cricus began from 25k to 22.5K then I would suggest the 10k under Venky's PL and Championship drop also contains a number of supporters who are not prepared to back a joke. In all it looks between 4-5k "Boycotters" and a 9-10k mix of stay aways, PL hunters or people who've simply had enough and decided to find a more attractive hobby.

I don't dispute the fact if we were promoted via way of a miracle a proportion of the above would return, Bolton last week had 23k in league one on the back of a "Fan drive" so quite clearly clubs of our level still maintain a moderate fan base/audience. Issue is we are now after seven years of these idiots in charge the furthest away from the Premier League than we have ever been making your wish and pragmatic post unrealistic in the context of falling attendances. By way of promotion it would be likely that Venky's would have to make a series of investments in the playing squad, infrastructure of the club and become more involved all which remain not just a distant hope but totally unrealistic.

Reviewing the average gates season upon season, there is only one correlation to note and that is a negative one which continues to keep pace and fall. As said our attendances compared to other clubs of this nature have fallen far more dramatically and the consensus I make of it is quite simply people have had enough of Venkys and the 7- years of shenanigans which show no sign of stopping.

Given the derisory attendances against Crewe 2.7k and Blackpool around 6k this season, it would appear even the most hardest of supporters getting behind the boys go missing when it comes to the less glamorous ties of FA and cup fixtures, did you go to these games blueboy?

I think that true boycotters, i.e. those who have made a conscious decision to not attend Ewood Park until Venkys and their cronies have left, probably account for the gap of about 4-5 thousand that has appeared since 2014

Between relegation and last season our average home gates were 14,000+ and our season ticket base was 10,000+. That was despite never really looking like challenging for promotion and despite the horrors of Kean, Singh, Berg and Appleton over a 3 year period. Lets just suppose that after Kean had gone we'd appointed a Mick McCarthy or Steve Bruce who had swiftly turned us into a team pushing for the play-offs every season, I'd wager that our average crowds would have been a good 2 or 3 thousand more than they were, so up towards the 16-17k mark. There's nothing wrong with those gates. Vastly superior to those at Preston who are having their best season in years, vastly superior to Burnley's when getting automatic promotion and numerous other clubs in this league today. Competitive gates not too dissimilar to those seen in the Souness era.

It is only really in the last 12 months or so that we have seen a further collapse in attendances significantly below what we've had for the last 4 years. Is that really just because people are fed up with Championship football? I don't think so. How does the club explain 4,000 a week less on average this season than the last 4 years? Some of it might be people not wanting to watch Championship, but I think a lot of those 4,000 people are those who are so sick and fed up of what has gone on here not just on the pitch but as much off it over the last 4 years that they can't bring themselves to be involved with it any more.

If we get relegated this season I expect our average crowds will be down towards the 6,000 mark, which is almost 20,000 a week off what we had in 2010. That is a collapse in support that cannot be compared to any other club in England. Every club will lose a big chunk when they come out of the Premier League, but not that many.

Consider this a warning shots across the bows, not a specific shot at anybody.

Im enjoying the new found civility around here, let's keep it that way. Nobody has crossed the line yet (and there is some great posts in here) but we're dancing in that direction

It cannot be the case that we have simply complied with some cyclical rhythm and that Venkys have nothing to do with it. Utterly absurd.

Sorry, this looks a little odd! :wacko:. I'm supporting JH Rover above.

Course if Glenn hadn't stuck his big oar in.......:)

First 3 games, last 3 games, or 3 in the middle, shouldn't matter, if you're seriously boycotting you'd not be going, simple as that.

Far to many of our fans seems happy to switch it on/off when it suits, what ever happened to principles?

Isn't relegation inevitable? If it's not this season it's next season. 

The team we have this season is mid to bottom of the championship standard. 

Then they'll replace these with league 1 standard over the summer if we stay up. 

Then that's relegation confirmed. It's just delaying the inevitable staying up this season unfortunately. 

Just now, JHRover said:

I think that true boycotters, i.e. those who have made a conscious decision to not attend Ewood Park until Venkys and their cronies have left, probably account for the gap of about 4-5 thousand that has appeared since 2014

It is only really in the last 12 months or so that we have seen a further collapse in attendances significantly below what we've had for the last 4 years. Is that really just because people are fed up with Championship football? I don't think so. How does the club explain 4,000 a week less on average this season than the last 4 years? Some of it might be people not wanting to watch Championship, but I think a lot of those 4,000 people are those who are so sick and fed up of what has gone on here not just on the pitch but as much off it over the last 4 years that they can't bring themselves to be involved with it any more.

I think it's partly the other stuff that came this season, stand closures without consultation, the appointment of Coyle when we thought it was virtually done and dusted that Warnock or a similar type of manager (I. E. Someone who had success in recent times on his CV) was coming in, the total lack of any proper purchasing of players, the obvious lack of even the most meagre of forward planning and the lies and more lies we were told, that finished it for us. It's that as much as the fact that going to Ewood had become boringly predictable - we hold out for 80 or so minutes and then concede - that drove us out finally. We tried really hard not to let Venky's mismanagement drive us out but most people do have a tipping point. We've found ours. 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Coyle, simple as that.

In the summer of 2012, I knew that not potting Kean would result in mass non renewals of STs. Literally every other fan I came across would tell me they weren't renewing.

I heard nothing of the sort again until Coyle's appointment last summer- though this time the kind of fan that was telling me that they'd had enough shocked me, fans that have been going since the 60s/70s, regulars on away trips, real dyed in the wool Blues.

Of course, the owners are the people behind these ridiculous decisions and constantly taking the p**s out of the fanbase will only lead one way. 

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

3 games usually is.

Imagine the long-term consequences if we go down.

Yeah imagine if we go down and venkys sell up and we can start again without their poisonous influence. Might be a small chance but one im willing to take

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Who said out about that look on page 3 you'll see why I am and it's nothing to do with that.

wake up

You and many others have Dunnfc.But a lot of fans are staying away due to the reason Jbizzle suggested.Only have to look at the cup games against the big boys.

• Backroom
Just now, roverandout said:

Yeah imagine if we go down and venkys sell up and we can start again without their poisonous influence. Might be a small chance but one im willing to take

Even if we assume Venky's do stay, the division we're in will make a minor difference at most. 

We survived last year, what happened? We appointed a cheap, useless manager, sold our remaining decent players, bought in freebies and loans, and financially are now surviving on month-to-month emergency loans. How could it have been any worse even if we had gone down last season?

Worrying about the division we're in or whether the lads feel sad because not enough people are supporting them completely misses the bigger picture.  

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

If you look at the gates since relegation and those who stuck with it despite Kean then post Kean and the other crazy stuff plus GBs bit of stability it was around 12/13k. Maybe not turning up to every single game but that's what the active fanbase had become.  Now this season there was a big drop of 2 or 3k overnight and i'd say most of that was down to the continuing farce and of course the horrific appointment of Coyle. That drop is bad enough because it's clearly finally eating into the remaining hardcore support and should have been a huge concern to those within Ewood & India but who only have themselves to blame.

Most of that 2 or 3k can be put down to genuine boycotting because enough is enough, I count myself in that and several I know and even if the form had been a bit better under Coyle I don't think the gates would've been much different because all the other problems remain. Then of course match by match you have loads of ST holders having bought because it's cheap who don't turn up because the football is crap. A lot of those hide behind the super fan tag and dig out at others who don't go at all which is a bit naughty.

Archived