BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Poor response. I just linked an article that has appeared in the LT written by a Rovers fan. Is he on the wind-up too?

If you've no interest in the thread don't read it.

An article which contains the quote Bazza has just pulled out of it?! 

Then yes maybe he's on the wind up too.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

NAPM

I've never quite understood the logic of NAPM (other than to make people feel they're doing something). I've said for a long time, nothing the fans will do will prompt the Rao's into positive action, it'll just prolong the agony.

Whilst there are some big obvious questions about whether the Raos are putting any money into the club, they certainly aren't taking it out, so you're not depriving them of any money, you're simply increasing the debt the next boor bar steward has to pick up. The club, in a move I just can't fathom, have admitted to using pay day loans to keep us afloat,  so boycotting just makes that more insolvency a bigger option.

I know many people think insolvency is just a case of write off the debts and start again, but without somebody willing to take on and service a staggeringly huge debt being wound up and going out of business is a real genuine threat. Plus I genuinely think either they want us to go under, or are so far removed from the club they don't care any more.

As Rev said the other day, every game could be our last. So I'm going to try and enjoy every moment I can and support the team all the way.

If I thought fan action, be it boycotts, protests or baring my arse in Curry's front window,, would make a scrap of difference, I'd do it. But reality is, it won't. We just have to ride it out.

We all said at the start, we'll still be here long after they've gone. So I'm going to prove it.

COYB

I would say it's not so much about trying to attract stay away fans back but trying to motivate those who are still going to create an atmosphere and not just sit there in a semi comatose state. 

We all know Ewood is like a morgue so an extra 5,000 or so in an equal blissful state of apathy won't help provide meaningful support any more than filling a load of seats with blue and white mannequins would be.

Nice sentiments in the article but after all that's gone on I don't think there's enough left who actually care.

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

"Let's not fail our club as others have failed it".

What a call to arms that is. TM and the players need our massive support for the next two home games.

The controversial word in that sentence is 'our'.

Just now, Stuart said:

The controversial word in that sentence is 'our'.

It's still our club, Stuart. Doesn't matter who owns it. It was our club when owned by Jack Walker. It will be our club when Venkys are a past horrible nightmare.

Just now, bazza said:

It's still our club, Stuart. Doesn't matter who owns it. It was our club when owned by Jack Walker. It will be our club when Venkys are a past horrible nightmare.

That's your view but not the view of the boycotters. I said it was controversial.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That's your view but not the view of the boycotters. I said it was controversial.

You cant pleased everyone.

Boycotting isnt having any effect on the owners. The club needs it fans back. We need 16-18k Rovers fans back at Ewood Park every home game

Like Glenn said, we will be here long after they have gone. I aint going nowhere. I will be attending games at Ewood Park for the rest of my life. Simple as. Nobody will force me out. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You cant pleased everyone.

Boycotting isnt having any effect on the owners. The club needs it fans back. We need 16-18k Rovers fans back at Ewood Park every home game

Like Glenn said, we will be here long after they have gone. I aint going nowhere. I will be attending games at Ewood Park for the rest of my life. Simple as. Nobody will force me out. 

The alternative is to continue supporting what's going on then....... and before you say you're not supporting them, how could you or others support them more ?

and no, I'm not a boycotter, but I do recognise that if you don't like something then don't support it.

Just now, den said:

The alternative is to continue supporting what's going on then....... and before you say you're not supporting them, how could you or others support them more ?

and no, I'm not a boycotter, but I do recognise that if you don't like something then don't support it.

Glenn post sum the situation up perfectly. Like I said before top class post. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

More fans that go, the more they can try and mortagage against ST's at dodgy companies, prolonging the agony with "Inflated" crowds.

It's for three games. That's it. Three games. Not to support Venky's but to support the team...so the team doesn't disappear into League 1.

It's a simple concept.  Don't taint it with nonsense about 'inflated crowds' and 'dodgy companies'.

Support THE TEAM for 3 games.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's for three games. That's it. Three games. Not to support Venky's but to support the team...so the team doesn't disappear into League 1.

It's a simple concept.  Don't taint it with nonsense about 'inflated crowds' and 'dodgy companies'.

Support THE TEAM for 3 games.

We will Support the team away at Forest and Wolves. Cash on the day. Away fans are known to be very vocal and back the team too.

Surely the last three games gaining bigger crowds than normal pushes the average up meaning they can lend just that little bit more or become more "Convincing" 

The opposite needs to happen every time they get a lower amount of loan etc and the V's have to put more money down is a small victory.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

We will Support the team away at Forest and Wolves. Cash on the day. Away fans are known to be very vocal and back the team too.

Surely the last three games gaining bigger crowds than normal pushes the average up meaning they can lend just that little bit more or become more "Convincing" 

The opposite needs to happen every time they get a lower amount of loan etc and the V's have to put more money down is a small victory.

Bottom line is that the team - the manager and players - need support in the three home games.  Fortunately, there will be several thousands who will be at the games supporting their club. 

Archived