BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

1 hour ago, LewisF said:

I'd go

--------------- Raya

--------Ward Lenihan Hoban

Bennett -------------------- Conway

-------Guthrie Lowe Mulgrew

----------Graham Emnes

almost identical to JohnnyP's, but Mulgrew in midfield in place of Feeney, with Hoban at centre half

That looks alright to me, though a bit harsh on Mahoney. We'd have to change system to bring him on . Ooh unless we did this...

---------------- Raya

---------Hoban Lenihan Ward

Bennett -Lowe---Mulgrew--Conway

-----------Emnes---Mahoney

---------------Graham

I reckon that could work. The Chelsea formation.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

That looks alright to me, though a bit harsh on Mahoney. We'd have to change system to bring him on . Ooh unless we did this...

---------------- Raya

---------------Graham

Quite like the look of that. I'd have Tomlinson in instead of Lowe and Joao in place  of Graham though.

Don't actually think we'll see anything like either of the above. Unless Lenihan and/or Mulgrew are fit, cant see the ultra cautious Mowbray deviating much from his starting line up for the last 2 games. Other than probably ditching the promising Raya for the hapless Steele.

The main given for me is. Emnes must start.

6 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Usually I'd agree but given he's returning from injury (again) I'd put him at the back where he doesn't have to be as mobile. Pushing Darragh into CM in replacement of Captain Fantstic and alongside Guthrie would be my preference but we all know he cannot be dropped. 

I think darragh is more at home at the back he seems to play well there. Yes lowe won't be dropped. I'd imagine he'd be released as venksters don't like renewing contracts. 

Raya

Nyambe Ward Hoban Williams

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Conway

Emnes

Graham

Subs: Steele, Lowe, Guthrie, Tomlinson, Mahoney, Stokes, Gallagher

Not ideal putting our best 2 centre backs in midfield, but they are competent there, Ward and Hoban are better than the majority of our terrible midfielders, I'd maybe be tempted to put Guthrie in for Hoban and push Mulgrew back but him and Lenihan have a good understanding.

Need to avoid Akpan and Feeney from being in the squad, any bizarre formations and the team above has experience from Conway, Bennett, Graham, Emnes, Ward and Mulgrew which we need.

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

---------------- Raya

---------------Graham

Normally against a back 3 but it's a formation in fashion this season, so what the hell.

--------------------Raya

_____Hoban--Ward__Lenihan

Bennett--Guthrie--Mulgrew--Conway

-------------Emnes---Mahoney

--------------------Joao

Mulgrew as captain, Lowe in the shed back at Ewood.

Did no one watch us against Bristol? We played that god awful 3/5 at the back formation (if you can all it a formation) and it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. We only started to look better once we reverted back to 4 at the back. No one had a clue about their role yet people would do it again? You couldn't make it up.

7 hours ago, Gav said:

How are tickets selling?

Can I still get one?

Then again memories of last season are still etched on my mind, has to be the worse game of football I'm seen in many an away match, Lowe had a good game though :P

No pay on day but allocation is 1600+ so I presume there's a good few left.

5 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Anyone know if you can get tickets on the gate for this one?

After being out the country for a while I'm going to be in the midlands by chance on Saturday and fancy catching my first game of the season!

Please see post above yours. No pay on the day, so you will need a ticket.

I think Mowbray is genuine enough and probably the only one speaking to the fans and the press, without lying. Assuming his words carry the integrity, that the seem to, he will be away from the club before too long. Working for a short time with people who don't have the same moral standards as yourself, is one thing, but long term it just won't work.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Tm: "I constantly tell them that I do watch training, even if some days I let the two Davids use their voice"

That might be where he's going wrong. The 2 Davids, especially Dunn are quite clearly clueless.

The most worrying mistake they made against Bristol City was playing Feeney on the left. That tells me that all 3 coaches don't have the foggiest idea.

I too struggle to see what the two Davids have brought to the party I simply think it's a nod to a lot of the youth in the team and in preparation for next season with more in it replacing what Senior shifts out to earn his coin. Who'd be surprised to see the 2 Davids the only men in the dugout next season apart from subs etc ?  Not me......

Archived