BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Just now, broadsword said:

Could Bristol get pulled back into it? 

If it stays like this, they're three points ahead of us and their last fixtures are Brighton away and Birmingham at home

Better goal difference though.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Looks like another day where we will rue penalty decisions.

I can't remember us having much luck this season but it's all part and parcel of looking like a relegation team from day 1 

3-1 too little too late, I think I will find a different pastime next year.  Everything for us is nearly, almost, not quite.  3rd Division is just too much for me to stand.

It's where we were when I started, Dingles in the top division but at least back then you felt that team had heart, desire, fight and pride in the shirt.  This lot? Nothing.

Just now, USABlue said:

3-1 too little too late, I think I will find a different pastime next year.  Everything for us is nearly, almost, not quite.  3rd Division is just too much for me to stand.

It's where we were when I started, Dingles in the top division but at least back then you felt that team had heart, desire, fight and pride in the shirt.  This lot? Nothing.

Comes from the top, lack of passion and heart and people with not Rovers intentions based at heart such as Mortgage Mike and an illustious Pasha Sheikh who nobody is supposed to know about, 7 players was it until august this year. Shambles from start to finish.

We can't be surprised that we haven't looked like conceding or scoring. We are set up for the 3rd game running to score and concede a maximum of one goal. One shot on target at Forest, and no shots on target against Bristol until we changed to an attacking formation after 75 minutes. This approach gives us precious little chance of winning the game so unfortunately assumes sides around us only draw or lose. We will find it difficult now to match the Forest result regardless of personnel changes in the 2nd half. It worked at Forest but it is an extremely high risk strategy. 

For me, our only chance was to attack a very brittle Bristol side from the start and secure a vital 3 points. 

If we don't win today, we will deeply regret going down with a whimper, hoping not to lose when BC & Forest successfully and bravely decided to go for it. 

That's my head talking but my heart is still hoping. The knot in my stomach is giving me no hope at all...

Archived