BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After his departure, Rovers tried to push through a late deal to bring in Celtic defender Efe Ambrose on loan, but Paul Senior didn’t feel selling Marshall earlier in the window would have given them a better chance of further strengthening their squad.

“Our investment in the January transfer window was not reliant on the sale of Ben Marshall,” Senior said.

“So, whether we had that resource available at the beginning of January or not, our investment in the January window was not reliant on Ben Marshall.

“If the right players had been available at the right price, and I had discussions with the owners on a regular basis about players being made available, but some of these players, the fees, the wages, we were quoted were ridiculous.

“We have to remember what market we’re in. Yes we’re a Championship club, with ambition, however, we weren’t going to get locked in to paying silly money in January for players that potentially had little upside in terms of future return in investment, and at the same time an uncertainty over whether those players really wanted to come to this club for the right reasons.”

Paul Senior: It could be. It could be ‘game management’ but obviously players make decisions – I get that. But for me it’s about game management and I think we’ve got some good players in the squad and I make it very clear, in terms of recruitment. Tony’s here – good recruitment decision in January, or February, would we agree? I think Lucas João, would we agree? Good recruitment. I would say the management team that I put together, that Tony’s agreed to work with – I think: good decision. 

Senior Out! Everything hes touched he's f****d up.

Sounding to me like the players have just given up.  Have they heard the scores and are thinking what's the point?

Oh for the old 3rd division days, the Faz's, Hawkins, Keeleys , Sir Jones (soldiers) Waggy's, McKenzies, Brotherstons, Field's (artists).  A board that cared and found managerial gem after managerial gem.  Furphy, Lee, Smith, Kendall.  

Burton now winning, it's all over boys and girls.  Time to go finish rebuilding me Harley.  I hate Venkies.  2-0 now at Burton.

I can see it now. We will set up to attack in our last 2 matches, we will secure 4 points from 2 improved performances and get relegated by one point or goal difference. 

We have hoped to sneak results rather than bravely fight for our footballing lives. This was a positive choice by TM, we cannot claim we were unlucky. 

As sad a capitulation as I feared.....we will be hoping Brum don't get the expected Rednapp bounce....

Archived