BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

I'm frustrated we didn't go all out for the win and the tactics seemed far too negative.

However, lets be totally honest, our squad is lacking in every department.

Poor and pathetic as a collective. 

We need Villa to beat Birmingham then roll over completely at Ewood.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You look at the squad and it's not good enough. I'm not going to blame them for not having the ability or TM for not getting better results with them. 

In fact TM hasn't done actually done that badly when you look at what he has at his disposal. 

It all stops at the owners. When it comes to blame, there is no where else to look. This is what the last 6/7 years has always been leading to. Oblivion.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You look at the squad and it's not good enough. I'm not going to blame them for not having the ability or TM for not getting better results with them. 

In fact TM hasn't done actually done that badly when you look at what he has at his disposal. 

It all stops at the owners. When it comes to blame, there is no where else to look. This is what the last 6/7 years has always been leading to. Oblivion.

But but Senior said we had some very good players and with a few tweeks this summer we could be in the top six.

Birmingham may not even have to break sweat tomorrow. It's our weakness that took us down.

20   Nottm Forest 44 -11 48
21   Birmingham 43 -21 47

22   Blackburn 44 -15 45
23   Wigan 44 -16 41
24   Rotherham 44 -58 21

Notts Forest      

QPR (a) 0    
    Ipswich (h) 1    
    Rovers      

Villa (h) 1    
    Brentford (a) 0    
    Birmingham      
    Villa (a) 0    
    Huddersfield (h) 0    
    Bristol City (a) 0    

Absolutely disgusting, I can accept going down but going down without any sort of fight is the most hurtful. The list of people to blame is getting so long now it's probably easier to name the ones I don't despise at the club ... I'm struggling!

Rubber dinghy men again all the way, during the week the manager has said we are scared to play at home, we are worried about staff losing their jobs then we go away from home today and just go through the motions. It can't be too bad being a player here as you are accountable to nobody for anything that goes wrong!

The more I think about it the more the team is incapable of doing anything under any sort of pressure/expectation.

Look at the games vs Newcastle - no one gives us a chance and we put in some solid performances.

Barnsley we have a good chance to get in charge of our own destiny - we totally bottle it and don't show up. Then we enter the Forest game thinking we've blown it and look odds on for relegation and low and behold we get a good win, Less pressure, and we get a good performance.

Then once more vs. Bristol and Wolves it looked as if we could determine our own fate (to some extent) and what happens - both times we go to pieces.

Personally to me the more I think on it the more there is a mental softness where we totally bottle it whenever things matter. This as much as any other on-field problem needs addressing if we are going to succeed. It was the same under Bowyer only at the other end of the table. We've been mentally soft for so long when it matters, there's a culture of it, which is hugely hindering any chances of success. (This is of course ignoring all the many off field hindrances)

Desai said today. "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remain one of the best-run clubs within the Premier League."

BULLSHIT.

You and all the crooks have well n truly @#/? us all.

Just now, cesus said:

Absolutely disgusting, I can accept going down but going down without any sort of fight is the most hurtful. The list of people to blame is getting so long now it's probably easier to name the ones I don't despise at the club ... I'm struggling!

Rubber dinghy men again all the way, during the week the manager has said we are scared to play at home, we are worried about staff losing their jobs then we go away from home today and just go through the motions. It can't be too bad being a player here as you are accountable to nobody for anything that goes wrong!

Missed this as was posting, thinking very similar. Bottlers the lot. How we'll cope with expectations of being a big club in league 1 I've no idea - not that many of this shower will still be here.

Just now, Blue blood said:

The more I think about it the more the team is incapable of doing anything under any sort of pressure/expectation.

Look at the games vs Newcastle - no one gives us a chance and we put in some solid performances.

Barnsley we have a good chance to get in charge of our own destiny - we totally bottle it and don't show up. Then we enter the Forest game thinking we've blown it and look odds on for relegation and low and behold we get a good win, Less pressure, and we get a good performance.

Then once more vs. Bristol and Wolves it looked as if we could determine our own fate (to some extent) and what happens - both times we go to pieces.

Personally to me the more I think on it the more there is a mental softness where we totally bottle it whenever things matter. This as much as any other on-field problem needs addressing if we are going to succeed. It was the same under Bowyer only at the other end of the table. We've been mentally soft for so long when it matters, there's a culture of it, which is hugely hindering any chances of success. (This is of course ignoring all the many off field hindrances)

Its the culture of, no pressure from the 'owners' people are allowed to do what they want with no reperscussions

Just now, Blue blood said:

Do you think the relationship between the fans and owners impacts the players? 

It's probably the worst owner fan relationship in club football. They are despised yet come out with occasional one page statements of platitude every now and again. The whole thing is a farce. Get out of the club you useless shower. 

The jack walked trust have a lot to answer for. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

wrong imo

people doing as they are told by the owners

Yep not in the interests of the club but themselves only.

Which is exactly why the club is going down down deeper and down because there is no-one saying well hang on we need to do this and that, everyone just "toeing" the line as Desai always wanted.

For the past six years you have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in fighting Venkys. We couldn't have asked for better people and you have all done so much.

It pains me to say it but we are very close to losing the war.

We are about to enter a different chapter and it is something that we are going to need every one of you for.

It's a somber request but for the foreseeable future, we need your help to keep the lights on at Ewood Park.

More details soon

NYC Rovers

Bad day for us today.

However, win our last two games - both winnable - and we will, most likely, stay up.  It's that simple.

Can't believe some think it's all over.

Our impending relegation is ultimately not Mowbray's fault but he takes responsibility for the gutless approach to matches at Ewood over recent weeks. The games at home to Bristol City & Barnsley have essentially sealed our fate. Compare Forest, Burton and Bristol City all winning their home matches when it mattered, going out and trying to score goals. Mowbray did well to get us to a position where we could survive, then bottled it. Today sounded like more of the same.

Very very sad. We need a miracle now. Six points might do it but the way Mowbray approaches games we've more chance of a miracle.

Lets hope there's still a club here in 6 months time.

Just now, Mercer said:

Bad day for us today.

However, win our last two games - both winnable - and we will, most likely, stay up.  It's that simple.

Can't believe some think it's all over.

We've had some strange results if late so anything can happen, but can't see is stringing 2 wins on the bounce together Mercer.

Hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it.

Archived