BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/04/2017 at 7:18 PM, Mercer said:

The only thing predictable about football is its unpredictability.

How many football betting slips are torn up in frustration as the 'banker' home fails!?!?

Wolves will be tough - absolutely no doubt.

Who gave us a prayer against Newcastle twice, who would have thought we'd deny Huddersfield twice - all under Coyle as well.

Wolves will start strong favourites but to write Rovers off would be premature and foolhardy.

Too early to call for me.  Let's wait and see what sort of stuff comes out of Brockhall in the next few days first.

For once can you not just say we are going to lose, because you get it wrong every damn week?

Just now, Mercer said:

Bad day for us today.

However, win our last two games - both winnable - and we will, most likely, stay up.  It's that simple.

Can't believe some think it's all over.

I am a very optimistic person, but if Birmingham don't lose tomorrow, we are done. Would you disagree with that? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do you think the relationship between the fans and owners impacts the players? 

It's probably the worst owner fan relationship in club football. They are despised yet come out with occasional one page statements of platitude every now and again. The whole thing is a farce. Get out of the club you useless shower. 

The jack walked trust have a lot to answer for. 

Not really. Also, without any disrespect intended to any fellow Rovers fans, imo we're a pretty soft and forgiving lot.

Forgetting the JA publicity we're far from hostile towards managers, even that snake Kean and Clueless, had it relatively easy. Clueless especially should have got a lot more flack. Equally  the fans have been pretty forgiving of the players too.= - despite their horrendous no shows. For example Lowe gets far less stick than Andrews, who whilst another clogger is a lot better and much less integral to our demise. Steele who is a calamity has got a lot less stick then I remember Fettis getting. I could go on but you get the idea.

As for fans hating the owners. Again at games we're a very forgiving lot - "they've put money in", "we're stuck without them" are things you hear all the time. It's certainly not the wall of hostility say Liverpool or Villa or even Manure have shown to their owners. And none of those clubs did as shambolically as we did whilst having worse hostility between owners and the fans. Factor in Cardiff getting promoted and doing ok this season despite the owners being hated. No, I don't think the relationship between the two is a key factor in this.

Now the owners' mismanagement in every way shape and form is centre of why we're in the mess we are, and I really do hate what they have done to the club. But if I could somehow wave a magic wand and fix things, the relationship between fans and owners would be nowhere near my top 10 list.

Just now, Mercer said:

Bad day for us today.

However, win our last two games - both winnable - and we will, most likely, stay up.  It's that simple.

Can't believe some think it's all over.

Baron Munchausen? 

"we just need to light a fire to signal an SOS, and we'll be rescued, it's that simple. We've got a wet fart, a tin of biscuits and a cordless drill, we can do this"

We went into 4 games, Barnsley, Forest, Bristol and Wolves, everyone thinking this is our chance, we won ONE FECKING GAME. Pathetic. Lacklustre crap today, it was pathetic, we go into a game having to win and we play like we have nothing to play for, WTF!!!! Truely and utterly fecking pathetic. People think we can go on and win the next 2 and stay up? Feck a duck, come on!

Just now, Blue blood said:

Not really. Also, without any disrespect intended to any fellow Rovers fans, imo we're a pretty soft and forgiving lot.

Forgetting the JA publicity we're far from hostile towards managers, even that snake Kean and Clueless, had it relatively easy. Clueless especially should have got a lot more flack. Equally  the fans have been pretty forgiving of the players too.= - despite their horrendous no shows. For example Lowe gets far less stick than Andrews, who whilst another clogger is a lot better and much less integral to our demise. Steele who is a calamity has got a lot less stick then I remember Fettis getting. I could go on but you get the idea.

As for fans hating the owners. Again at games we're a very forgiving lot - "they've put money in", "we're stuck without them" are things you hear all the time. It's certainly not the wall of hostility say Liverpool or Villa or even Manure have shown to their owners. And none of those clubs did as shambolically as we did whilst having worse hostility between owners and the fans. Factor in Cardiff getting promoted and doing ok this season despite the owners being hated. No, I don't think the relationship between the two is a key factor in this.

Now the owners' mismanagement in every way shape and form is centre of why we're in the mess we are, and I really do hate what they have done to the club. But if I could somehow wave a magic wand and fix things, the relationship between fans and owners would be nowhere near my top 10 list.

Thats because alot of fans are clappy happers

Just now, Dunnfc said:

For the past six years you have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in fighting Venkys. We couldn't have asked for better people and you have all done so much.

It pains me to say it but we are very close to losing the war.

We are about to enter a different chapter and it is something that we are going to need every one of you for.

It's a somber request but for the foreseeable future, we need your help to keep the lights on at Ewood Park.

More details soon

NYC Rovers

Expecting a join the rovers trust rallying call to follow, not some big reveal

I am a very optimistic person, but if Birmingham don't lose tomorrow, we are done. Would you disagree with that? 

The huge positive in an otherwise steaming pile of poop is that Brum are shocking.

2 wins in 24? They are in much worse form than us, and can't see them picking up any points. We're slowly picking up points, they're not. If there were 4 or 5 games to go then I'd be very confident in overtaking them, even with our spate of draws. As it is we've only got 2 games left to overtake them, but I'd still say the chances of us winning one are higher than Brum picking up a win.

Redknapp factor - the guy who left QPR because he couldn't stomach the fight (the operation he left for didn't stop him leaving Spurs...) Only contracted there till the summer, so no biggie for him if he doesn't keep them up. A man who repeatedly jumps ship quicker than a drowned rat. He's hardly the guy I'd want to keep us up, and be in the trenches with me.

So IF we can get a win then I'm confident Brum will do their bit and help us out. Could be wrong but I doubt it. The fear is we'll bottle it, even with Brum giving us chance after chance.

We have to win our last two games against mid table Championship teams who have nothing to play for.

Yep, we are going to have to show more desire and more intensity but realistically, we CAN win those two games.

I keep saying, football is a strange old game and you just never know.  We still have everything to play for.

Just now, Mercer said:

We have to win our last two games against mid table Championship teams who have nothing to play for.

Yep, we are going to have to show more desire and more intensity but realistically, we CAN win those two games.

I keep saying, football is a strange old game and you just never know.  We still have everything to play for.

Like we have needed wins against mid table Wolves, Barnsley and Preston? You are hoping for a miracle. I hope you are right, but I have all but lost hope. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Wolves had nothing to play for. How did that turn out?

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The more I think about it the more the team is incapable of doing anything under any sort of pressure/expectation.

Look at the games vs Newcastle - no one gives us a chance and we put in some solid performances.

Barnsley we have a good chance to get in charge of our own destiny - we totally bottle it and don't show up. Then we enter the Forest game thinking we've blown it and look odds on for relegation and low and behold we get a good win, Less pressure, and we get a good performance.

Then once more vs. Bristol and Wolves it looked as if we could determine our own fate (to some extent) and what happens - both times we go to pieces.

Personally to me the more I think on it the more there is a mental softness where we totally bottle it whenever things matter. This as much as any other on-field problem needs addressing if we are going to succeed. It was the same under Bowyer only at the other end of the table. We've been mentally soft for so long when it matters, there's a culture of it, which is hugely hindering any chances of success. (This is of course ignoring all the many off field hindrances)

Just now, RV Blue said:

He's barely been an improvement on Coyle, says it all.

Coyle: 29 points from 31 games

Mowbray: 16 points from 13 games

I think Mowbray has flattered to deceive but if Coyle had achieved the same points/game ratio, we would be safe by now.

Just now, Mercer said:

You mean mid table teams like Barnsley and Wolves. Rather than teams like Reading and Leeds who are gunning for playoffs?

Whilst I agree it's possible given our abject indifference to mid table teams of late I'd be a little less chirpy and optimistic. Personally my optimism comes from Brum being a much worse team than us, rather than any merit in and of ourselves.

Archived