BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Just now, Randy_Synge said:

Dunnfc

Can you clarify what you're talking about please?

Have you got new information?

It would be no surprise to me IF Rovers entered a state of insolvency if / when relegation confirmed.  It could present Venky's an opportunity to recoup significant funds.  Some think Venky's will not allow this to happen, some think differently.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Waggy76 said:

But we are 2 points adrift !

If a response to my post then:

True. But as said in another thread I feel that we've got a better chance of getting a result than Brum have.

Genuinely don't think Brum will get another win, and are unlikely to get another point. So I feel one win, or a couple of draws whilst Brum lose and we'll stay up by the skin of our teeth. It's not a certainty, but I don't think it's a vain hope or unfeasible at all.

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Coyle: 29 points from 31 games

Mowbray: 16 points from 13 games

I think Mowbray has flattered to deceive but if Coyle had achieved the same points/game ratio, we would be safe by now.

But at the sharp end when it really matters what has he done? Says we have to win 3 in 3 - he said that - and set up 5 at the back and fecking Gallagher as a lone striker. FFS

Mowbray got our fate back into our own hands and his tactics have now lost that advantage.

He cant always get a free ticket.

I do agree with those saying Brum may yet be of most help to us in any escape.

Paul Lambert's team produced their first shot on target in the 94th minute in a dreadful game of football.

Blackburn, fighting to stay up, twice went close in the first half and Andy Lonergan pulled off a good save from former Wolves man Elliott Bennett in the second.

But that was about it on an afternoon to forget.

Analysis

Well that's 96 minutes none of us will ever get back.

Just imagine what you could have done with that time, Wolves fans, writes Wolves correspondent Tim Spiers.

You could have watched most of critically acclaimed Academy Award-winning film The Usual Suspects, maybe. Or listened to classic debut album Is This It? by The Strokes - three times over.

But no, a shade over 20,000 paid good money to watch a pathetic excuse of a football match instead.

Apparently the American security services have already commissioned a DVD of the first half to make prisoners repeatedly watch it as a new form of excruciating torture.

Look the word 'dull' up in the dictionary and you'll see a picture from this match.

Yes, really, it was that bad. Wolves didn't produce a single shot on target until the 94th minute. They were placid and completely devoid of ideas and inspiration.

It was similar to the snorefests that Kenny Jackett's team served up a year ago.

Lambert said on Friday he wanted to entertain Wolves' long-suffering fans in the final weeks of the season. He was clearly joking.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/04/22/wolves-0-blackburn-rovers-0-report/#vpRxz7obB6iA5pta.99

Had a great view. Row B. 

We had far more attacking threat then Wolves all day long. 

We played 3-4-2-1 formation and defensively solid and shape well..thought Lenihan, Ward and Mulgrew were good. Bennett and Conway played well

Going forward we lack that little bit of quality in key positions

I felt bring on Joao and Emnes upset the team shape and disrupted our attacking threat. We went worse with them on..

Conway had a shot that went wide. Lenihan had a great chance with a header which went wide. Should have scored. Felt we should have had a pen in the second half but Ref booked the Lenihan for diving.

Wolves created nothing of note. Felt defensively we were solid and organised. 

Wolves fans very unhappy with Lambert and his boring tactics. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

True. But as said in another thread I feel that we've got a better chance of getting a result than Brum have.

Genuinely don't think Brum will get another win, and are unlikely to get another point. So I feel one win, or a couple of draws whilst Brum lose and we'll stay up by the skin of our teeth. It's not a certainty, but I don't think it's a vain hope or unfeasible at all.

A couple of draws for them would be enough now. I cant see rovers winning another game

Just now, JonnyP said:

Let hope Brum lose all three of their games cus we seem to only be capable of drawing can't see us winning. 2 draws and we level them on points and they go down due to goal difference. 

Ha, thats what i actually think will happen. Brum won't get another point they are dire, Redknapp in or not. Just hope we can muster togethet a couple more draws.

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We have to win our last two games against mid table Championship teams who have nothing to play for.

Yep, we are going to have to show more desire and more intensity but realistically, we CAN win those two games.

I keep saying, football is a strange old game and you just never know.  We still have everything to play for.

Realistically? You don't understand the meaning of the word.

Just now, Blue blood said:

I have a feeling they will win tomorrow 

Just now, JonnyP said:

Let hope Brum lose all three of their games cus we seem to only be capable of drawing can't see us winning. 2 draws and we level them on points and they go down due to goal difference. 

Imagine we did pass them like that..

Wolves Fans Not Impressed with Rovers - http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/the-blackburn-experience.195652/

Quite sure if it mattered we would have steamrollered them as they were an absolute joke of a team in terms of energy and quality. It's been a long time since I've seen a team that looked so unfit and apathetic and that's coming from a Wolves Supporter.

Was what I expected to be honest, from us anyway. I thought Blackburn would put up a fight as they needed the points but they didn't seem interested. Hopefully a few changes for Tuesday.

Poor poor poor. Real lack of quality, tempo and creativeness.

have to say I was surprised how little fight Blackburn showed, considering their position, and the fact that we were so poor

Dire game of football. Marshall and Gibbs-white the only positives I can muster. Everyone else was utter ****, the cross country runner being the worst of the lot.

Rovers tried to make it a hoofing game and wolves succumbed. hardly anything entertaining happened.

Just now, JonnyP said:

Blimey. I admire your optimism but in terms of straw clutching that must take some beating.

Is it one win in ten now for us? It would surely be some sort of record if a side in the relegation mix survived with one win from their final twelve games!

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey. I admire your optimism but in terms of straw clutching that must take some beating.

Is it one win in ten now for us? It would surely be some sort of record if a side in the relegation mix survived with one win from their final twelve games!

Exactly. A side in the relegation zone gets out of it after winning 1 out of their final 12 games, that would be insane 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wolves were shocking poor..

Impress by Marshall? What game was the Wolves fan watching? Wasnt this one. 

And Marshall and his mates are staying my hotel tonight

Nows your chance to ask him some questions especially the venkys and those people above whom he mentioned in his parting shot....

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nows your chance to ask him some questions especially the venkys and those people above whom he mentioned in his parting shot....

We're relying on you Chaddy!  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wolves were shocking poor..

Impress by Marshall? What game was the Wolves fan watching? Wasnt this one. 

And Marshall and his mates are staying my hotel tonight

Now is your turn Chaddy to take part in your own protest.

Ask him about this?

marshall-quote-300x187.jpg

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

We are a team that simply doesn't know how to win when it really matters. All of these draws will send us down. 

This is spot on. We lost the winning mentality the minute Kean took over and have never found it since. It is going to take Venkys leaving to turn it around.

24 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Before people write off Big Club can we just remember that many on here were doing likewise with Bristol City a month or so ago - and look how that turned out. I appreciate they've been dire for some time now but they'll no doubt have had a big boost with a new man in charge.

Let's not forget that these are the same players under Rowett who were standing something like 7th in the table until Brum ludicrously axed Rowett.

Fortunately for us, this is one match in which Villa will throw the kitchen sink at it.

Cotterill is no fool and I would expect Brum to have too much fire for a fading Huddersfield at St Andrews and possibly for Bristol City, who may well have packed up for holidays, on the last day of the season.

QPR are the team we might catch if we win our last two.  

Archived