BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Where do I start.  I am not one to be over dramatic or critical but.......

What a bunch of limp wristed, lily livered, yellow belly footballers.  And as for Mowbray he is useless.

We produced sod all.  ToMo takes off Conway who was our only creative player.  Wolves played as if it was a training session. We had no penetration.  They had 9 behind the ball and we did not have a clue as to how to break them down.

Grea support from the Rovers fans.  The last 20 minutes they were silent though; it was like watching a funeral.

Down and Out and a very angry PB posting.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wolves were shocking poor..

Impress by Marshall? What game was the Wolves fan watching? Wasnt this one. 

And Marshall and his mates are staying my hotel tonight

I hope you don't go sucking up to Marshall. If it was me I'd be telling him he was a disgrace during his time here and it's the attitude and performances of him and players like him over  the last few years that are at least partly responsible for putting us where we are now.

Let's be honest, there's no way Birmingham will lose all 3 games, and there's no way we will win both of ours.  We are all but mathematically down - we all need to face the fact we'll be in League One next season.  Simple as that.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I hope you don't go sucking up to Marshall. If it was me I'd be telling him he was a disgrace during his time here and it's the attitude and performances of him and players like him over  the last few years that are at least partly responsible for putting us where we are now.

I agree. Go full Jack Bauer on him please Chadster. Lock him in your room and throw a few bedside tables around and he'll spill the beans on Venky's. Stream it live. 

Realistically speaking it'll be like this at the bar:

Set up to grind out a 0-0 and that's what we achieved.  Sadly, it was never going to be enough.  I don't think either 'keeper had a save to make and for a must win game our tactics, team selection and substitutions were baffling to say the least.  We are going down because we are not good enough for the Championship and today was a perfect example of just how poor we are.  Wolves were shocking and we couldn't summon up any sustained pressure or decent efforts on goal.  Quite why Conway and Bennett were taken off - considering they were our only creative outlets - remains a mystery.   Dreadful day all round with fellow relegation strugglers getting the results they needed while we continue to flounder.

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Let's not forget that these are the same players under Rowett who were standing something like 7th in the table until Brum ludicrously axed Rowett.

Fortunately for us, this is one match in which Villa will throw the kitchen sink at it.

Cotterill is no fool and I would expect Brum to have too much fire for a fading Huddersfield at St Andrews and possibly for Bristol City, who may well have packed up for holidays, on the last day of the season.

QPR are the team we might catch if we win our last two.  

You changed your tune

• Backroom

I think we pretty much all expect a Brum win tomorrow, no way I can see us getting out of it now.

We'll miss you Mercer! 

The games up folks, anyone thinking we'll win our last 2 games is deluded, I doubt very much we'll beat Villa at home, as for

Brentford away they are on very good form at home again, won their last 4, scoring 11 and conceding only 1, they'll want to

go out on a high and they will.

I heard a rumour at Wolves today that the Riverside is to close next season (condemned apparently) and the pies will double in price and halve in size.

Tough times ahead.

New song:  "Rochdale, Bury, Oldham and the D W

Is next season where we will be following you."

and:  "Fleetwood, Fleetwood here we come."

"We lacked quality in the final 3rd". I refuse to use the word quality to describe any of our players but what does he expect when the 3 players vaguely capable of producing something even resembling quality come off the bench late on

• Backroom
1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For months I have worried about being away to Brentford last game. 

I seriously think they will turn us over big time. 

They are just not the sort of Club to go easy at home to anyone. 

Our pansies will wilt and die. 

Jokes on Brentford - we'll be down by then!

Bristol City today 52%  Possession 24 Shots 8 On Target 
Burton Alb today 36%  Possession 11 Shots 3 On Target
N Forest    today 41%  Possession 19 Shots 10 On Target 
Rovers      today 51%   Possession  5 Shots 2 On Target

and there in lies our problem in my opinion which teams looks like they fought for their lives today when you look at attempted shots 

Back home, around £70 lighter, banging headache and just thoroughly sick of this disgrace of a season.

Think it was Parson who wrote how he 'enjoys it'. I love the club, I am a passionate fan and that's what keeps me going- loyalty, duty, call it what you want. However, the past 6 years have been anything but 'enjoyable', just one long, depressing journey downwards with no end in sight that I can see.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Back home, around £70 lighter, banging headache and just thoroughly sick of this disgrace of a season.

Think it was Parson who wrote how he 'enjoys it'. I love the club, I am a passionate fan and that's what keeps me going- loyalty, duty, call it what you want. However, the past 6 years have been anything but 'enjoyable', just one long, depressing journey downwards with no end in sight that I can see.

Matty, it is natural. It is the cycle of football, ups and downs.  It is the same shirt and badge and you should continue enjoying the 'experience' of watching Rovers and attending some new grounds.

Just now, preston blue said:

Matty, it is natural. It is the cycle of football, ups and downs.  It is the same shirt and badge and you should continue enjoying the 'experience' of watching Rovers and attending some new grounds.

This isn't just a natural cycle though is it really? The fact that Keans contract accounted for League 1 where we are heading wasnt natural either. This was all so easily avoidable. 

Archived