BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Just now, duggy9197 said:

gutting results today,glad i was to drunk to care,but in the cold light of day we still have a chance,slender i know but were there is hope there is a way,brum will lose to villa and then they will gift us the points next sat,mystic meg told me.

Then Birmingham will win/draw against Huddersfield who have done us no favours this year.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in reality whoever brought that clown coyle to the club wants shooting,ok he brought Charlie Mulgrew to the club the rest are shisters,TM has tried his best with a team of non triers,whoever thought he would turn frequent losers into world beaters needs to drink with mercer,i still have hope a glimmer maybe 94 per cent of me knows we are doomed,but its the 6 per cent that keeps me going.

COYB

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

As long as the Rao's aren't still here does it really matter?

That's my concern, though. 

They'll never go unless the club folds. That's my fear. 

At this point I'd  honestly take non league football if our got rid of them. I guess that places me at the anger and bargaining stage of grief 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Senior isnt the problem. Thats is those in Pune. 

Senior was appointed by those in Pune. Senior then took too long to sack Coyle. Senior's recruitment in January was inadequate and his public spat with Coyle unprofessional. He then openly admitted he only interviewed Mowbray for the job of new Rovers boss. That in itself is quite puzzling. Mowbray's performance of 3 wins in 13 games has since left a lot to be desired, as has his approach to must-win games at home.

Senior IS a problem in that his performance thus far as DofF has been fairly poor. If we go down then he has failed.

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Senior was appointed by those in Pune. Senior then took too long to sack Coyle. Senior's recruitment in January was inadequate and his public spat with Coyle unprofessional. He then openly admitted he only interviewed Mowbray for the job of new Rovers boss. That in itself is quite puzzling. Mowbray's performance of 3 wins in 13 games has since left a lot to be desired, as has his approach to must-win games at home.

Senior IS a problem in that his performance thus far as DofF has been fairly poor. If we go down then he has failed.

Senior wanted Coyle gone from day 1. But Venkys wouldnt authorise it. 

Senior blocked 3 of Coyle signings. Probably cos they werent good enough. Barnes, Ba and the right back..

Yes Mowbray was his 1st choice at the time we sacked Coyle. Maybe he had another head coach lined up but couldnt get Coyle sacked. But we never know. Over a season Mowbray keeps you up on points average. Plus this isnt his squad or style of squad. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Senior wanted Coyle gone from day 1. But Venkys wouldnt authorise it. 

Senior blocked 3 of Coyle signings. Probably cos they werent good enough. Barnes, Ba and the right back..

Yes Mowbray was his 1st choice at the time we sacked Coyle. Maybe he had another head coach lined up but couldnt get Coyle sacked. But we never know. Over a season Mowbray keeps you up on points average. Plus this isnt his squad or style of squad. 

Do you have a link to the article you got that from?

Ba was supposed to be a good player. Did you not champion him at the time? Same with Barnes?

As for the head coach we do know, because Senior said he only ever interviewed one man.

Style of squad? Mowbray was brought in to do a specific job which was to keep us up. He did well at 1st but results haven't been good enough. A couple of wins at home and we would have been nearly safe but he bottled it. Good mnagers get the job done with any 'style of squad', that's why they are good managers.

If we go down Senior has failed.

10 hours ago, preston blue said:

Matty, it is natural. It is the cycle of football, ups and downs.  It is the same shirt and badge and you should continue enjoying the 'experience' of watching Rovers and attending some new grounds.

WTF is 'natural' about what has happened to us PB?

Unbelievable comment from you.

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Do you have a link to the article you got that from?

Ba was supposed to be a good player. Did you not champion him at the time? Same with Barnes?

Look at Senior's comments when he did interviews. Him and Coyle never got on. Coyle didnt want him at the club. Coyle didnt even know of his appointment till the day before. 

Champion him or Barnes? Ive NEVER seen either play live. Probably said I give them a go/try but never even heard of Ba till the summer when Coyle wanted him. Barnes plays in the MLS and I believe he still does. I dont watch it on Sky Sports. 

I wanted proved players with championship experience 

9 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

in reality whoever brought that clown coyle to the club wants shooting,ok he brought Charlie Mulgrew to the club the rest are shisters,TM has tried his best with a team of non triers,whoever thought he would turn frequent losers into world beaters needs to drink with mercer,i still have hope a glimmer maybe 94 per cent of me knows we are doomed,but its the 6 per cent that keeps me going.

COYB

And can anyone actually tell us who that person was? Who recommended Coyle?

To me, that is still the biggest question of the last 12 months.

14 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I dont get how the walker trust is to blame for selling to Venkys.

To them and the PL etc they had all the credentials correct.

The only people to blame is VENKYS and the shower of @#/? they have employed since taking over.

The Trust, as the name implies, had a duty handed to them by Jack Walker to safeguard this football club, ensure it had financial support for the forseeable future.

They therefore failed on both fronts.

They starved the club of funding whilst in the Premier League even though Jack had instructed them to invest in it with the proceeds of his other business interests.

They then sold the club down the river to inappropriate people who had no interest or idea about the industry or sport being led all the way by an agent.

Most people on this website had concerns about Indian poultry farmers taking over in cahoots with an agency. So the people in control of the situation with access to the finer details would have had all the warning signs right there in front of them.

Fact is they ignored those warning signs because they wanted the cash and wanted out of Jack's club. Now we're suffering because of that decision and possibly the club won't exist much longer as a direct result of their decision making.

The only credentials Venkys had correct was that they had the cash to buy the shares. Anyone remotely interested in the future wellbeing of the club would have smelt a rat and told them to go elsewhere.

The Trust are more culpable than the football authorities. The authorities can't stop someone selling their shares to idiots and can't force people to make different decisions. The Walker trust could have stopped it though, before it even began, yet let it happen. 

And the most telling part is that 7 years on we still haven't had a 'sorry' or 'regret' about what has happened.

I hope those responsible suffer like this club and those involved with it have.

13 hours ago, roverandout said:

According to super uber positive chaddy, rovers were superior and should have won 10-0

@chaddyrovers gave us his take after making the effort to attend. What's your take on the game after making the trouble to attend?

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Senior's comments when he did interviews. Him and Coyle never got on. Coyle didnt want him at the club. Coyle didnt even know of his appointment till the day before. 

Champion him or Barnes? Ive NEVER seen either play live. Probably said I give them a go/try but never even heard of Ba till the summer when Coyle wanted him. Barnes plays in the MLS and I believe he still does. I dont watch it on Sky Sports. 

I know Coyle and Senior didn't get on. I made the point in an earlier post. What I said was that Senior took too long to sack Coyle. You said the owners blocked Coyle's sacking. I'm asking how you know that?

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you want me to take that shovel away pal?

Mowbray should be under scrutiny for his 'baffling' (word used by talk sport) negative tactics yesterday. The 1 up front system has been used in recent games to compensate for the fact we were missing key players at the back. Mowbray said so himself after the Bristol City game. I can kind of see the rationale behind it.

Yesterday these key players (Mulgrew and Lenihan) were back! Yet he stuck with his 1 up front system. Whilst I didn't go yesterday, the consensus is wolves were there for the taking if we had actually tried to win the game. Yet he didn't change until the latter stages when he desperately threw 3 strikers on but seemingly no shape or system in place. 

Surely should be 4-4-2 with Mulgrew and Lenihan at the back?

Just now, david brent said:

Mowbray should be under scrutiny for his 'baffling' (word used by talk sport) negative tactics yesterday. The 1 up front system has been used in recent games to compensate for the fact we were missing key players at the back. Mowbray said so himself after the Bristol City game. I can kind of see the rationale behind it.

Yesterday these key players (Mulgrew and Lenihan) were back! Yet he stuck with his 1 up front system. Whilst I didn't go yesterday, the consensus is wolves were there for the taking if we had actually tried to win the game. Yet he didn't change until the latter stages when he desperately threw 3 strikers on but seemingly no shape or system in place. 

To be honest ,I wouldn't be too bothered either way If Mowbray stays or not. Results haven't been good enough. We should be ahead of Brum at this stage.Simple as that. 

Just now, david brent said:

It's looking like Mowbray isn't good enough.. Granted earlier in his management career he had some success but over the years that's evaporated.. The ultimate blame is with Venkys then passed down with cheston senior Pasha and whoever.. But on the pitch the buck has to stop with those in the dug out.. Can anyone tell me what DL and DD bring to the table has I'm failing to see it.. Them two with there experience behind the scenes with the playing staff should have some positive input.. In fact it seems negative or non at all 

Archived