BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The Trust, as the name implies, had a duty handed to them by Jack Walker to safeguard this football club, ensure it had financial support for the forseeable future.

They therefore failed on both fronts.

They starved the club of funding whilst in the Premier League even though Jack had instructed them to invest in it with the proceeds of his other business interests.

They then sold the club down the river to inappropriate people who had no interest or idea about the industry or sport being led all the way by an agent.

Most people on this website had concerns about Indian poultry farmers taking over in cahoots with an agency. So the people in control of the situation with access to the finer details would have had all the warning signs right there in front of them.

Fact is they ignored those warning signs because they wanted the cash and wanted out of Jack's club. Now we're suffering because of that decision and possibly the club won't exist much longer as a direct result of their decision making.

The only credentials Venkys had correct was that they had the cash to buy the shares. Anyone remotely interested in the future wellbeing of the club would have smelt a rat and told them to go elsewhere.

The Trust are more culpable than the football authorities. The authorities can't stop someone selling their shares to idiots and can't force people to make different decisions. The Walker trust could have stopped it though, before it even began, yet let it happen. 

And the most telling part is that 7 years on we still haven't had a 'sorry' or 'regret' about what has happened.

I hope those responsible suffer like this club and those involved with it have.

Thank you for the reply, myself and probs most fans are under the impression that because they club was up for sale for 2 yrs before these clowns took charge that  because they pass the 'fit n proper' test then after they satisfy the tests, they can't do anything to prevent a take over., like selling a puppy to a new owner unknowing that its gonna get the crap at out of it  everyday n left in the back yard or selling your cherished pristine car to some heavy handed woman driver.

The fit and proper test needs a complete overhaul, "

Associations between clubs: Owners or directors cannot have the power to influence the management of another club. Neither can they have any shares in another club.

Disciplinary matters: Being subject to a suspension or ban or other form of disqualification from involvement in the administration of a sport by a sports governing body or by a professional body. Or anyone found to have breached rules in relation to betting.

Criminal matters: Including anyone with an unspent criminal conviction involving dishonesty.

Company disqualification: Including any person disqualified from being a company director.

Insolvency matters: Including people subject to bankruptcy orders and anyone who has run a football club while it has gone into administration twice cannot take over a club."

I found a news article the other day but cant find it now about how there is no law for bad ownership once they passed the FnPT.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think we're finding out why Mowbray was working for SISU in League 1 before pitching up here. Talks a good game and seems like a decent bloke but like most of our managers over the last six years utterly clueless tactically. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whoever met Venkys from the trust must have known that ,for a very start, they knew absolutely nothing about football. Alarm bells should have been ringing at that point. Did John Williams play any part in this? He should have been involved in the process. 

John Williams pressed for the sale to Venkys 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Incredible. 

I would love to hear his thoughts on Venkys reign of terror. I doubt we ever will though. 

As good as he was for us John Wiiliams has blood on his hands over our demise. He allegedly signed an NDA or in laymans terms had his silence bought. He must have had some information that the Indians didn't want out in the public domain which might well have been damning.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

John Williams pressed for the sale to Venkys 

Did not the Trust take professional expert advice from Rothchilds in vetting all potential buyers?

After rejecting several did not Rothchilds ok Venkys bid?

Who is John Williams to question Rothchilds and of course JW wanted the Club in what he would have then believed to be better more generous hands than the Trust.

Only when owners are identified do the FA come in with F&P tests.

So blame the Trust for wanting to sell, blame Rothchilds for selecting a badun and the FA for being complete s-hit. Leave JW out of the blame game.

Fact is us arguing now is a waste of time and energy and will achieve sfa.

All barrels should be aimed at the true vermin culprits in Pune.

I agree with everyone that the owners are to blame for our relegation to oblivion but Mowbray has made a very clear decision that remaining unbeaten for most games would be enough to see us safe, even after the Easter fixtures showed this would not be the case. 

I honestly feel he will look at our relegation and feel that he steadied the ship and didn't lose too many so he will feel able to walk away with his professional integrity intact. 

I feel sick with anger, frustration, and pure depressed sadness at our truly hopeless situation and outlook. 

I clung onto the hope that Mowbray might do it, so the acute pain is now even greater....

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Did not the Trust take professional expert advice from Rothchilds in vetting all potential buyers?

After rejecting several did not Rothchilds ok Venkys bid?

Who is John Williams to question Rothchilds and of course JW wanted the Club in what he would have then believed to be better more generous hands than the Trust.

Rothschild turned to Jerome who brought Venkys to the table, initially the club was in talks with someone else and JEROME caught wiff then introduced the Venkys after he'd sold them the dream.... Not remember his SSN interview he admits he brought them in.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Rothschild turned to Jerome who brought Venkys to the table, initially the club was in talks with someone else and JEROME caught wiff then introduced the Venkys after he'd sold them the dream.... Not remember his SSN interview he admits he brought them in.

Christ on a bike. I thought JA was the snakeoil salesman acting as the agent introducer of the Club/ Trust to the Vs.

I had thought the Rothchild role completely separate as they were acting for the Trust in vetting would be buyers the VS being just one of them.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Christ on a bike. I thought JA was the snakeoil salesman acting as the agent introducer of the Club/ Trust to the Vs.

I had thought the Rothchild role completely separate as they were acting for the Trust in vetting would be buyers the VS being just one of them.

Oh no JEROME in his glory takes claim on that clip, it's on YouTube take a listen if you can face it.

fa rules what's it say about an agent acting in behalf of vendor and purchaser?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Oh no JEROME in his glory takes claim on that clip, it's on YouTube take a listen if you can face it.

fa rules what's it say about an agent acting in behalf of vendor and purchaser?

Thanks. Found it and will watch it again. I need to refresh as the mists of time seem to have distorted my memories ... or I've blanked the bad bits out more likely!

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

There will probably be polite applause on saturday when the Dingle plane goes over.

Followed by tea and scones whilst the team do a lap of honour

Dont forget your autograph books

So the anti aircraft battery on the hill is a non starter B)

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pocketed a nice little fee from both buyer and seller, wonder what he invested it in along with a few others

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I think we're finding out why Mowbray was working for SISU in League 1 before pitching up here. Talks a good game and seems like a decent bloke but like most of our managers over the last six years utterly clueless tactically. 

And yet in his first few matches he seemed to have a game plan. Not sure what has changed but something seems to have spooked him.

You do have to wonder if players' relegation clauses mean a great deal to the bean counters and that financially we would be better off in League One. If we stay up and can't afford them then (if they won't leave because they can't get those wages elsewhere) it could be the start of wages not being paid and administration. Could be something subconscious therefore that is stopping Mowbray going all out for survival.

More realistic is that he genuinely believes that 1-0 is the way to win games because when we go behind we dissolve.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

And yet in his first few matches he seemed to have a game plan. Not sure what has changed but something seems to have spooked him.

I think starting with an attacking lineup and going 2-0 down in15 minutes against Barnsley has cost us. Since then it's been a case of park the bus and hope we pinch something at the other end somehow.

Archived