BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of calls from Villa fans for them to play the kids next week or basically let us win. 

Just got a horrible feeling Birmingham will beat a Huddersfield team who it seems have lost to everyone around us lately (and couldn't beat us twice themselves).

Just now, frosty said:

Plenty of calls from Villa fans for them to play the kids next week or basically let us win. 

Just got a horrible feeling Birmingham will beat a Huddersfield team who it seems have lost to everyone around us lately (and couldn't beat us twice themselves).

Bruce couldn't do that. Besides, would we beat their kids? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We need to hope Huddersfield score first and the crowd turn on the Birmingham players. 

Forest are away at QPR too and a defeat for them, would give us some hope still. They are 9/5 to win there.

Just now, lraC said:

Forest are away at QPR too and a defeat for them, would give us some hope still. They are 9/5 to win there.

QPR aren't out of the woods either. Realistically they only need one point from their last two, but as of now have six straight losses. 

Just now, Commondore said:

QPR aren't out of the woods either. Realistically they only need one point from their last two, but as of now have six straight losses. 

I hadn't realised that and they are only slightly better off then us on goal difference too. I guess we need to win and it will go to the last game.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Rothschild turned to Jerome who brought Venkys to the table, initially the club was in talks with someone else and JEROME caught wiff then introduced the Venkys after he'd sold them the dream.... Not remember his SSN interview he admits he brought them in.

Personally I think it's naive to think JW wasn't intimately involved in the sale process. He was the Executive Chairman, in fact I recall when he was elevated to that position and Tom Finn took over the day-to-day running of the club, he was interviewed in the LT and said his #1 responsibility was the sale process given Rothschilds had got nowhere for two years.

Who knew JA best? The top man at the club who had dealt with the guy for years - negotiating Kean's contract being one recent instance - or some junior M&A person in an investment bank with no apparent track record in football club sales? Who would JA have approached? A man he had dealt amicably with for years or some random guy from the Trust's bankers? Even if JA had approached Rothschild's, who would they have asked to vouch for him? I'll also bet a pound to a penny that JW received a hefty bonus on successfully finding a buyer, which is entirely normal practice in such a situation - Cadbury's CEO got 16 million for a similarly destructive sale to bad buyers.

Maybe the NDA works in both parties' favour.

Anyway, well done Villa - the hope flickers on for another week.

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

@chaddyrovers gave us his take after making the effort to attend. What's your take on the game after making the trouble to attend?

Had a great view. Row B. 

We had far more attacking threat then Wolves all day long. 

We played 3-4-2-1 formation and defensively solid and shape well..thought Lenihan, Ward and Mulgrew were good. Bennett and Conway played well

Going forward we lack that little bit of quality in key positions

I felt bring on Joao and Emnes upset the team shape and disrupted our attacking threat. We went worse with them on..

Conway had a shot that went wide. Lenihan had a great chance with a header which went wide. Should have scored. Felt we should have had a pen in the second half but Ref booked the Lenihan for diving.

Wolves created nothing of note. Felt defensively we were solid and organised. 

Wolves fans very unhappy with Lambert and his boring tactics. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So there's not really any point in him being here and getting a wage is there?

You know that Venkys have to authorised everything like sacking managers. Its been like that since they come in

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I know Coyle and Senior didn't get on. I made the point in an earlier post. What I said was that Senior took too long to sack Coyle. You said the owners blocked Coyle's sacking. I'm asking how you know that?

Senior would have been pushing for it for weeks previously but Everything has to be authorised by Venkys. It appears to be Balaji running the show.

Chaddy - when ParsonBlue and Kevin Gallagher are saying we were truly awful going forwards and carried no attacking threat then I think your view of yesterday is rose-tinted

As for the whose running the show and who did what at Ewood, you have no idea. None of us do. Who interviewed and appointed Coyle? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Had a great view. Row B. 

We played 3-4-2-1 formation and defensively solid and shape well..thought Lenihan, Ward and Mulgrew were good. Bennett and Conway played well

I felt bring on Joao and Emnes upset the team shape and disrupted our attacking threat. We went worse with them on..

Conway had a shot that went wide. Lenihan had a great chance with a header which went wide. Should have scored. Felt we should have had a pen in the second half but Ref booked the Lenihan for diving.

You know that Venkys have to authorised everything like sacking managers. Its been like that since they come in

Senior would have been pushing for it for weeks previously but Everything has to be authorised by Venkys. It appears to be Balaji running the show.

I watched the highlights of yesterday's game. The combined time of which were 35 seconds. None of our chances were in any way clean cut. Long diagonal balls into the box that went a foot or two wide of the goal after one of our players got something on it. 

Did the highlights leave something out? 

I watched the highlights of yesterday's game. The combined time of which were 35 seconds. None of our chances were in any way clean cut. Long diagonal balls into the box that went a foot or two wide of the goal after one of our players got something on it. 

You need  to watch with these on, available from Paul Senior for 39.99 a pair, been using them to watch the re runs all season and we are only 1 point behind Brighton. They are brilliant

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

Just now, perthblue02 said:

You need  to watch with these on, available from Paul Senior for 39.99 a pair

Let's hope he can sell 120 pairs of those cos Cheston already mortgaged the money against them.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Had a great view. Row B. 

Was the sun in your eyes or something? Far more attacking threat? The Conway sliced shot and Lenihan header were half chances at best at the grand total of our attacking work.

You say Conway and Bennett played well but they created absolutely nothing. Wolves can afford to be half arsed because Lambert has guided them to safety, we looked like we were in the same boat. The formation was totally wrong and he never changed it, and we never looked like scoring in a game we NEEDED TO WIN, so Mowbray deserves all the stick he gets for that. Plus his subs replaced the 3 attacking players we had on, leaving on 5 defenders. Neither Williams nor Nyambe are capable wing backs anyway.

Wish we had Lamberts boring tactics, Mowbray could never win 5 on the spin and guide us to safety, 

Where has all this faith in Senior come from, mainly based on assumptions that are in fact figments of your imagination. If he was in control in January, then all he did was bring in a half arsed, inconsistent striker on loan.

So you werent at the game? 

Havent watched the highlights. Ive got back at 1pm from Wolverhampton after going to the game and spending the night there. Had a very good meal and few drinks. Talk to some Wolves fans about their season and Lambert. Some interesting comments

Archived