BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So you werent at the game? 

Havent watched the highlights. Ive got back at 1pm from Wolverhampton after going to the game and spending the night there. Had a very good meal and few drinks. Talk to some Wolves fans about their season and Lambert. Some interesting comments

No I wasn't, hence why I am asking you if they omitted any chances from the highlights? I didn't see us create anything dangerous 

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No I wasn't, hence why I am asking you if they omitted any chances from the highlights? I didn't see us create anything dangerous 

Ive already said I havent seen the highlights. Probably be tomorrow/Tuesday before Ive seen that. 

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Highlights from Rovers official youtube (2.08 mins)  - with rose specs on we win 7-0

Conway 1st half shot not show

Lenihan penalty appeal shout not show. 

Gallagher not shooting a couple times when he should have done..

Nyambe getting into the box but not picking out the right pass. 

Will watching the Rovers player highlights later

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

10 minute highlights version is up on RP (can't be viewed on here)

Full game also up 

BTW Lenihan Penalty appeal - never in a million years started going down before player got near him

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy if that was a penalty then I am a gigolo.

So Chaddy

Ones in bold why would they get picked up if it's not even a chance?

Discredited by PB in italics (Penalty) as nowhere near a pen

Which leaves one shot out of the 2 WE had ALL game as being omitted.

FFS

Interesting quote from Bruce about a clear out in the summer. Hopefully some of his starting eleven on Saturday are included and they are sulking.

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce: "It was the worst game of the season. The ball must have been screaming at one point, saying 'please don't bash me again'.

"We're still not remotely near the finished article. I've got a busy summer ahead, with a huge clear-out job to continue.

"But at least the fans have not only won a derby, they've seen the effort their team has put in. We've taken away the stigma that they don't care.

"If anyone can keep Blues up, Harry will. He had them playing like their lives depended on it and they've got to take that into their last two games."

Just now, arbitro said:

Interesting quote from Bruce about a clear out in the summer. Hopefully some of his starting eleven on Saturday are included and they are sulking.

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce: "It was the worst game of the season. The ball must have been screaming at one point, saying 'please don't bash me again'.

"We're still not remotely near the finished article. I've got a busy summer ahead, with a huge clear-out job to continue.

"But at least the fans have not only won a derby, they've seen the effort their team has put in. We've taken away the stigma that they don't care.

"If anyone can keep Blues up, Harry will. He had them playing like their lives depended on it and they've got to take that into their last two games."

His past as a blue nose shining through in the last sentence. He is basically their Owen Coyle, albeit a better manager.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How is that creating chances? By the words you used there were no chances created just a lot of huffing and puffing. 

Todays result means BRFC have another chance at a bit of daylight especially if Huddersfield are up for it.

Rovers to beat Villa - Huddersfield to beat Brum

Brentford to hammer Rovers 3-0 Bristol to beat Brum 2-1

Next Sunday week is going to be a nail biter and a half. 

• Backroom
47 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just watched the high..i mean lowlights on youtube. Some numptys commenting on there that getting relegated might be a good thing as we will be able to compete and challenge for promotion in league 1...imbeciles

They said the same thing when we got relegated from the PL. How'd that turn out?

• Backroom
3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Todays result means BRFC have another chance at a bit of daylight especially if Huddersfield are up for it.

Rovers to beat Villa - Huddersfield to beat Brum

Brentford to hammer Rovers 3-0 Bristol to beat Brum 2-1

Next Sunday week is going to be a nail biter and a half. 

I can't see us winning another game sadly. Have to hope 2 draws will be enough.

I would say battling hard and losing to a fierce rival may knock the stuffing from brum but every time it looks that way this season (Bristol a couple of times and Burton losing 5-3 at home) the team bounces back.

Its been ridiculous recently nearly every time we slip up nearly all our rivals have capitalised.

10 hours ago, Tom said:

I can't see us winning another game sadly. Have to hope 2 draws will be enough.

I would say battling hard and losing to a fierce rival may knock the stuffing from brum but every time it looks that way this season (Bristol a couple of times and Burton losing 5-3 at home) the team bounces back.

Its been ridiculous recently nearly every time we slip up nearly all our rivals have capitalised.

Conversely, every time our rivals have slipped up we have failed to capitalise. We deserve to get relegated, we've been in the bottom 3 for all but 3 weekends all season. 

• Backroom
Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Conversely, every time our rivals have slipped up we have failed to capitalise. We deserve to get relegated, we've been in the bottom 3 for all but 3 weekends all season. 

Nobody could argue with that.

We are where we are on merit we've been pathetic all season.

Archived