BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just trying to remain optimistic, but wouldn't it feel good, if we get out of the bottom 3 on Saturday, just at the right time and escape relegation, despite being in the bottom 3 almost all season. The odds say it won't happen, but as the old saying goes "It's a funny old game".

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I am just trying to remain optimistic, but wouldn't it feel good, if we get out of the bottom 3 on Saturday, just at the right time and escape relegation, despite being in the bottom 3 almost all season. The odds say it won't happen, but as the old saying goes "It's a funny old game".

It would feel unreal. We've been give so many opertunities to get ourselves out and we've failed to do it, the law of averages would suggest it's finally got to be our turn to cash in.

Let me throw a scenario out there. In an alternative universe we are safely midtable  in the championship and Burnley are in the relegation spots. We are playing Villa who are two points behind Burnley. Would you like our players to be professional and go out and try to beat villa or would you endorse football hari-kari? 

Have you ever cheered against rovers in a similar situation? How do professional players react to situations like this. If the villa players are out in their community this week attending events, surely fans will be encouraging them to lose to us, condemning Birmingham. Will it impact them? 

So things are not looking good .However on a plus our youth has been better so if or when relegation happens its time for them to play first team football.

I can see a chance for rebuilding  the squad.  Surely we are better than 1st division and should be able to move onwards and upwards?

We have been here before i.e the 70's lets start being a team again . get the supporters behind the squad and hope the managers can manage the club to a positive regime again?

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

It won't impact the players one bit, footballers are employees not fans. Whilst they get up for it in derbies very few of them give a monkeys about what other clubs are doing outside of the 90 minutes they face them.

Is Craig Gardner back at Brum, that's one player at this level who is good and won't have put a shift in being a bluenose.

• Backroom

• Backroom
Just now, thorpefleet said:

So things are not looking good .However on a plus our youth has been better so if or when relegation happens its time for them to play first team football.

I can see a chance for rebuilding  the squad.  Surely we are better than 1st division and should be able to move onwards and upwards?

We have been here before i.e the 70's lets start being a team again . get the supporters behind the squad and hope the managers can manage the club to a positive regime again?

Good luck with a negative transfer budget. 

Just now, thorpefleet said:

League one is no place for youth, you have to kick your way out of it.

Anyone half decent that emerges will be gone in the January window each season.

I think L1 will be a rude awakening for many.

39 minutes ago, thorpefleet said:

I, keep hearing these comments about the youth players, yet these same youth players haven't won anything playing against their own peer group who are afterall are made up of scores of drop out young footballers.

Lenihan is a good lad though, versatile, gets stuck in, but after that I'm struggling to think of many. 

44 minutes ago, toogs said:

League one is no place for youth, you have to kick your way out of it.

Anyone half decent that emerges will be gone in the January window each season.

I think L1 will be a rude awakening for many.

Completly agree, kids nowadays in the  prem are just johnny foreigner lightweight skill footballers with no strength and no bottle.

Championship is full of ex prem players getting on a bit

Lg1 is the kid that was last picked for 20v20 5hrs each way on the local field jumpers for goal posts

Lg2 are full of +40yr olds who wished they had kept playing after school days were over instead of getting @#/? for 10yrs with other mates who worked as brickies

What absolute nonsense I'm reading about Villa throwing the game on Sat, what planet are you all on?!

As for the fans, sure they will all say they want Brum to go down and rightly so, but if you think that 7000 of them won't be cheering there team on come Saturday and going crazy when they score, then you are a fool.

I can imagine the Villa fans will be in holiday mode.

Of course they will be cheering on their team- but just like the Liverpool fans at Anfield in May '95 with Rovers scarves on or when Chelsea fans were booing their own team as they scored against Bolton in '98 -  relegating them and keeping Everton up, there will be plenty of panto stuff coming from the away end.

The only way I could see it getting anything close to The Chelsea/Bolton reaction is if Brum are winning and we are drawing going into the last few minutes or something, but even then I can't really see it. Football fans are a different beast now than they were in the mid/late 90's. They will all be razzed up, giving the Rovers fans grief thoughout the game and supporting there team, afterwards if the worst happens they will probably shrug there shoulders and think "oh no didn't want them to stay up, but at least we won, looking forward to the derby next season"

7000 Villa fans supporting Rovers, good grief.

19 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Todays result means BRFC have another chance at a bit of daylight especially if Huddersfield are up for it.

Rovers to beat Villa - Huddersfield to beat Brum

Brentford to hammer Rovers 3-0 Bristol to beat Brum 2-1

Next Sunday week is going to be a nail biter and a half. 

Would take that now but I would need two months off to recover from that :D

I'll be at both if I get a ticket for Brentford 

We shouldn't even be discussing whether Villa will be in holiday mode or whether they'll want to lose to relegate Birmingham.

Fact is Villa are a mid-table side and have been all season. Their away form is appalling. They've lost 14 away games this season in League and Cup and won just 4.

We're at home and we're (supposedly) fighting for our Championship lives. If we can't find it in ourselves to grind out an essential win against a midtable bunch then we deserve to go down. Hoping for them to roll into town to throw the game really is the stuff of desperation.

We aren't playing Real Madrid. We're playing Aston Villa. Are these players capable of doing it? Possibly not given recent 'efforts' in similar difficulty games against Barnsley and Bristol City, but if we can't it will be because we ain't good enough, not because Villa are some juggernaut that we need to have an off day or deliberately lose in order to beat.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Let me throw a scenario out there. In an alternative universe we are safely midtable  in the championship and Burnley are in the relegation spots. We are playing Villa who are two points behind Burnley. Would you like our players to be professional and go out and try to beat villa or would you endorse football hari-kari? 

Have you ever cheered against rovers in a similar situation? How do professional players react to situations like this. If the villa players are out in their community this week attending events, surely fans will be encouraging them to lose to us, condemning Birmingham. Will it impact them? 

I remember playing Rotherham in the early 80s in exactly this position. We cheered when Rotherham scored, of course we did. Can't remember the score but Burnley definitely went down.

We are the worst team at home in this league. We couldn't beat PNE, Barnsley or Bristol C of late.

Our football is shockingly bad. That's not going to change miraculously overnight.

Villa will win at a canter. We are down.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

We shouldn't even be discussing whether Villa will be in holiday mode or whether they'll want to lose to relegate Birmingham.

Fact is Villa are a mid-table side and have been all season. Their away form is appalling. They've lost 14 away games this season in League and Cup and won just 4.

We're at home and we're (supposedly) fighting for our Championship lives. If we can't find it in ourselves to grind out an essential win against a midtable bunch then we deserve to go down. Hoping for them to roll into town to throw the game really is the stuff of desperation.

We aren't playing Real Madrid. We're playing Aston Villa. Are these players capable of doing it? Possibly not given recent 'efforts' in similar difficulty games against Barnsley and Bristol City, but if we can't it will be because we ain't good enough, not because Villa are some juggernaut that we need to have an off day or deliberately lose in order to beat.

Quite right it is the stuff of desperation, we are @#/? desperate!

35 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Has anyone tried that new men's hair colour advertised on to.  The one that takes you from silver to brown?  Is it any good?

Not sure, expecting Senior to go from grey anytime soon? Cheston from bold on the top needs the below;

Image result for miracle gro growth

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Not sure, expecting Senior to go from grey anytime soon? Cheston from bold on the top needs the below;

Image result for miracle gro growth

They're feeding all the youth team with that now trying to grow a team for next season !

Archived