BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Wolves Away: 22nd April / (plus Villa vs Big Club)

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Staying over in Wolves overnight so can drink plenty of beer if the result is poor or match is poor.

Make the best of a bad situation mate

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Staying over in Wolves overnight so can drink plenty of beer if the result is poor or match is poor

Bought mine 2 weeks ago. 

Well you would, you being a passionate Rovers fan and all.:)

I would go with

Raya

Bennett Hoban Ward Williams

Conway Guthrie Tomlinson / Akpan 

Emnes Gallagher and Joao

4-3-3 has to be the way forward. No place for inexperienced Mahoney or Nymabe, its just too big a game. The choice of Tomlinson goes against that comment, but he can run, tackle, shoot and score goals for fun.

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

But we were 3-0 up in that away game before Kean gave the side a tactical talk.

Indeed. Remember it well.

Rovets team was: Robbo, Salgado, Emerton, Givet, Samba, Phil Jones, Martin Olsson, Jermaine Jones, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Roberts. MGP was used sub.

Coco still almost relegated that squad.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I would go with

Raya

Emnes Gallagher and Joao

4-3-3 has to be the way forward. No place for inexperienced Mahoney or Nymabe, its just too big a game. The choice of Tomlinson goes against that comment, but he can run, tackle, shoot and score goals for fun.

There is no point suggesting teams without Lowe in them. There is no chance that he will be dropped. 

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I would go with

Raya

Emnes Gallagher and Joao

At reserve level.

Bit more of a step up but he can't be worse than Lowe. He was mentioned previously and I was in favour of giving him a go.

According to TM Lenihan has been training since Sunday, while Graham and Mulgrew have also been out running.

Stokesey also been 'lapping it up' in training.

By God how we could do with a couple of them for Saturday.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlie-mulgrew-danny-guthrie-darragh-lenihan-3680915.aspx

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Staying over in Wolves overnight so can drink plenty of beer if the result is poor or match is poor

Bit rough Wolverhampton, especially after the footy, bouncers on most pubs doors, so keep that in mind chaddy, can be hard to get in places.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

According to TM Lenihan has been training since Sunday, while Graham and Mulgrew have also been out running.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlie-mulgrew-danny-guthrie-darragh-lenihan-3680915.aspx

If ever we needed them back. We should be moving heavan and earth to get them back fit. Sounds like darragh is the furthest along in his progress hope he makes Saturday we need him 

Just now, Gav said:

Bit rough Wolverhampton, especially after the footy, bouncers on most pubs doors, so keep that in mind chaddy, can be hard to get in places.

Thanks for the advice Gav. I'm not to bothered going the town centre if it like that. Ive booked a meal that night

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why was Stokes out the squad Monday?

Just now, Mike E said:

Drop Hoban, be loyal to your own players in the event of a 50/50 decision imo.

I would prefer Ward in their too. Although that would mean our 557th center defensive partnership so far this season. 

I can't see Lenihan starting Saturday, hopefully he is on the bench though and gets a run out. Ideally with us holding onto a lead. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oral fatigue.

No idea, personal issues likely.

3rd degree shame. 

I would loved to have seen Mowbrays face when he was told what had just happened Stokes. I would say people around the club are thinking "why can't this guy just  keep his nose clean keep out of trouble". In a team doing well, I am sure there would have been some slagging from his teammates, but in our situation I would say the players just wish he kept his head down focused on his football. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

3rd degree shame. 

I would loved to have seen Mowbrays face when he was told what had just happened Stokes. I would say people around the club are thinking "why can't this guy just  keep his nose clean keep out of trouble". In a team doing well, I am sure there would have been some slagging from his teammates, but in our situation I would say the players just wish he kept his head down focused on his football. 

He doesn't seem averse to trying his luck from inside or outside the box, so let's hope he can get his tail wagging between now and the end of the season.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

3rd degree shame. 

What happened?? What was the reason?

Archived