BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Bristol City Easter Monday

Paul

Just now, RV Blue said:

Mowbray is the worst manager we've had under Venky's (bar Kean). The team he picked and the formation he played today was nothing short of disgraceful, and his subs were almost as bad. People on here saying we set up too negatively, we didn't, we were absolutely wide open. It wasn't negative, it was just sh*t. Akpan and Lowe in midfield playing the full 90 minutes is frankly laughable, especially when you've got someone competent on the bench in Guthrie. Feeney is a one trick pony (he'll get it on the right, get a bit of space and cross it in) and Mowbray took that one trick away by playing him on the left, why? Mahoney was the worst player on the pitch by a long, long way, if he signs a new contract I hope it's for peanuts. Whether we stay up or not, I hope Mowbray isn't our manager next season. He might be a nice bloke, but that doesn't make you a good manager.

I think after the shambles of the barnsley game, TM wanted to pick players who were at least bothered for the cause, players that would put a shift in, hence why he dropped Guthrie and emnes for forest game, which was understandable, but for this home game both guthrie n emnes should have started. Feeney cannot play in the middle or left everyone knows that and everyone knows Gallagher can't play on his own!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Truth be told we should have been 4 down when we scored from nothing. (Was that a Mahoney cross maybe I was too harsh before)

The safe by Raya was massive, it still feels like a loss at the moment though 

Think it was Bennett?

Such a shame that Mowbray didn't go for it from the off. Yes, it's another point gained on Brum and Forest but we now have two very tough games. I don't expect a result at Wolves and don't fancy us against Villa.

We now need 6 points and for Brum to only get 3 (against a safe Bristol on the last day). So that's Brentford plus one more win.

The only other thing that can save us is Forest getting an unlikely 1 point from 9.

Just now, tugayislegend said:

I think after the shambles of the barnsley game, TM wanted to pick players who were at least bothered for the cause, players that would put a shift in, hence why he dropped Guthrie and emnes for forest game, which was understandable, but for this home game both guthrie n emnes should have started. Feeney cannot play in the middle or left everyone knows that and everone knows Gallagher can't play on his own!

It is just basic. Everyone can see it bar Mowbray, and the obviously clueless Dunn.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Mowbray is the worst manager we've had under Venky's (bar Kean). The team he picked and the formation he played today was nothing short of disgraceful, and his subs were almost as bad. People on here saying we set up too negatively, we didn't, we were absolutely wide open. It wasn't negative, it was just sh*t. Akpan and Lowe in midfield playing the full 90 minutes is frankly laughable, especially when you've got someone competent on the bench in Guthrie. Feeney is a one trick pony (he'll get it on the right, get a bit of space and cross it in) and Mowbray took that one trick away by playing him on the left, why? Mahoney was the worst player on the pitch by a long, long way, if he signs a new contract I hope it's for peanuts. Whether we stay up or not, I hope Mowbray isn't our manager next season. He might be a nice bloke, but that doesn't make you a good manager.

A ridiculous post.

25 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

We are slightly better off for the point as we sit precariously in the bottom 3.

Brum are in the poo and Zola has just resigned.

It is probably a bonus for us that Brum have Villa and finish away at Bristol BUT we are still 2 points shy of them.

Erm, we are 3 points off

52 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Mahoneys young and not fully developed, not the strongest player yet so I think today it caught up with him that's all. Grafted away in the last 2 games but run out of steam now and really should have been impact guy again today it's a bit naïve trying to rely on him game in game out.

20 years old ffs.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Did that actually happen in the last game or was it just Gallacher being clieelsss and folk just accepting it?

well did happened.

It was mention by Mowbray in his post match press conference about the new system

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I thought Parsons mentioned straight 4 at the back?

Suggest you look at Mowbray's post match press conferences for the last 2 games. Will tell you your answer to your question

Now on to the game, Rovers were very poor until Emnes came on after 65 mins.

Gallagher took his header very well.

It was deffo pen has the Bristol City took Gallagher leg away. The ref was clueless and that's was PL referee Mike Jones. Not even Park Standard

Mowbray started us with the same formation as Forest away. 3-4-2-1 But after 20 mins he should have changed it to 4-2-3-1 formation. Second half he went 4-4-2 with Gallagher and Joao up front with Bennett back to right back  Ward look like he was feeling it after playing 2 games in 4 days after 8 months out. Emnes came on and Williams went to centre back and Conway to left back. with Emnes on the left wing

We got a point and we could have won a game we didn't deserve too but sometimes that happens.

4 points from 2 games is ok but we need 5/6 points from next 3 games Cant wait till Wolves away now

Just now, USABlue said:

Let' face it lads and lassies we are down. Done.  If that is the best fight we have we deserve to go down.  Fed up.

I've honestly never been so demoralised about my club. If by some miracle we manage to defy gravity and stay up then next year just promises more of the same. 

We effectively haven't got a brass  farthing. All these out of contract and loan players. How the hell will they be replaced? 

The outlook is incredibly bleak. Venkys have turned the taps off, we're living hands to mouth on loans at punitive rates. We're heading for the rocks, ie administration. Administration is not a cast iron guarantee of a change of ownership. 

The only thing I have is that venkys dispose of us and that we still have something left to rebuild after that. 

It's incredible how much damage had been done. We were a well-run club in premiership top ten. NOW LOOK AT US!!!!!!!!!!!!! And still the fa sit on their hands

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Suggest you look at Mowbray's post match press conferences for the last 2 games. Will tell you your answer to your question

Tbh i'm just going of what i saw and what Parson Blue said last week, I've not the inclination nor time to actively search and listen to Mowbray and his drab footballing cliches recently. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well did happened.

It was mention by Mowbray in his post match press conference about the new system

Now on to the game, Rovers were very poor until Emnes came on after 65 mins.

Gallagher took his header very well.

It was deffo pen has the Bristol City took Gallagher leg away. The ref was clueless and that's was PL referee Mike Jones. Not even Park Standard

Mowbray started us with the same formation as Forest away. 3-4-2-1 But after 20 mins he should have changed it to 4-2-3-1 formation. Second half he went 4-4-2 with Gallagher and Joao up front with Bennett back to right back  Ward look like he was feeling it after playing 2 games in 4 days after 8 months out. Emnes came on and Williams went to centre back and Conway to left back. with Emnes on the left wing

We got a point and we could have won a game we didn't deserve too but sometimes that happens.

4 points from 2 games is ok but we need 5/6 points from next 3 games Cant wait till Wolves away now

Chaddy, we definitely didn't play with 3/5 at the back against Forest. Maybe we did in the last few minutes, but for the majority of the game we didn't.

Just now, rigger said:

I was on today, I enjoyed the last twenty minutes, but the first seventy were dire. I would like to meet the person who decided that J Lowe was man of the match. 

I totally agree ....

The goal came out of nowhere , after that we upped the tempo , not really looking like scoring but maybe a penalty !

No leaders , on the pitch , too many players not good enough , I will be surprised if we stay up !

Oh for a Moran ,Speedie , Todd or Dickov !

The midfield is bereft of quality in all aspects especially work rate !

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Not much getting behind the boys today Mowbray - Bristol forum thread.... http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/185725-blackburn-support/

really?

suggest you come to a game listen for yourselves. Fans get behind the team at times but not all the time.

Maybe come and sat next to me, I was shouting encouragement comments and few shouts of swearing during today game. My passion was there.

I aint going to listened to the quiet Bristol City fans who were silent all game apart from when they scored

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Tbh i'm just going of what i saw and what Parson Blue said last week, I've not the inclination nor time to actively search and listen to Mowbray and his drab footballing cliches recently. 

well suggest you listened to Mowbray and what he says. Sensible and very calm comments

Just now, RV Blue said:

Chaddy, we definitely didn't play with 3/5 at the back against Forest. Maybe we did in the last few minutes, but for the majority of the game we didn't.

We did mate. suggest you look at Mowbray post match comments on Rovers player. talk about the new system we play. Plus I have an excellent knowledge and experience of formations and tactics during my 25 years of watching football.

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

don't disagree with you in terms of what he did today. But his interview afterwards...??  '' we tried to play out of possession. inside their shape and hit them in the transition''. WTF is that about ??

But when all is said and done we lose games make changes , lose some more and then bring back the same players that lost the first few and expect them to dig us out of a hole.

Its a woeful lack of quality all over the pitch. I don't blame Coyle (though he couldn't set a team up ) or Mowbray to be fair. The buck stops with our owners who think you can sell your better players , pocket the cash and get by on frees and loans. Spending £250k in 2 windows this season for a team that finished in the lower reaches last season  is actually asking to get relegated. Then that chancer/con man Senior pipes up that money will be available for the right players. Its a joke, they deserve all they are getting I'm afraid. Not signing anyone (apart from Joao -circus act) was basically the death knell.   These lot aren't good enough to play Sat/midweek/Sat for the last 3 months of the season. 

Its all been said before on here thousands of times but Venkys need hounding out asap.

So far I haven't been in the vote with your feet brigade but if we go down then I will be. I just don't see how we can continue to subscribe to this any longer. If Venkys want to pour cash down a big black hole in League One then let them get on with it.

Archived