BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Supporters Consultation Minutes

• Backroom

Let me get this straight:

The club point blank refuse to issue full written minutes to either of the last two meetings, yet a fan has volunteered, listened, and typed this up in a couple of weeks?

As a deaf person, 'family club', my arse! 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike E said:

Let me get this straight:

The club point blank refuse to issue full written minutes to either of the last two meetings, yet a fan has volunteered, listened, and typed this up in a couple of weeks?

As a deaf person, 'family club', my arse! 

That's pretty much it. Sterling effort of the fan who produced it without the resources and staff Rovers have at there disposal.

Well done to Mark F, hit the nail on the head: "where does the buck stop?"

I hope theres an Action Group statement to request Cheston's resignation come the end of the season. He is as bad as Agnew and the rest of them at telling lies to keep the gravy train going. Club in a financially better position thanks to him? No chance.

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Well done to Mark F, hit the nail on the head: "where does the buck stop?"

I hope theres an Action Group statement to request Cheston's resignation come the end of the season. He is as bad as Agnew and the rest of them at telling lies to keep the gravy train going. Club in a financially better position thanks to him? No chance.

The Action Group to request Cheston's resignation? If he goes it doesnt make one bit of different in the great scheme of things cos it will be another guy in the seat

Cheston isnt comfortable in answering questions in public at all. Clear to see. 

The club isnt in a better position financially down to the owners poor decisions and listening to the wrong advice. Nobody else is to blame. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The Action Group to request Cheston's resignation? 

What authority has the action group to request anything? 

The club isnt in a better position financially down to the owners poor decisions and listening to the wrong advice. Nobody else is to blame. 

If it not Cheston then it just been another FD in place. 

I don't think it's too much to ask for to have Directors who tell the truth of the situation, rather than try to pull the wool over the supporters' eyes for their own benefit.

Yeah Mike I know the most worrying aspect of the evening Cheston answered as though he was reading from a script the others were well assured under intense questioning he didn't seem to know his a*** from his elbow he didn't even know Pasha's role at the club umming & ahhhing but still feels Bucktooth Dinglebreath was the outstanding candidate! :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Wonder if the name keogh or fish is now banned from Chestons office?!

Mark Fish's questions are brilliant. Absolutely on the money.

Speaking of money, the fan called James spoke with good knowledge of the accounts. Put some real pressure on Cheston.

I wonder if the club expect a load of clapping seals to come to these and just lap up all the rubbish the club want to say. Must be a surprise when a fan tells you to walk away because you're terrible :lol:

10 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Blue writing means what didn't make it to radio lance edit by the way

Very interesting and revealing to study the 'blue' bits now deleted for all time from the 'official' Club record of the meeting.

I do not include Chestons opening presentation designed to confuse and waste time.

Cheston may need a copy of this version so he can remember to find out the full name and job title of his immediate boss.

Maybe Balaji needs a copy too. Cheston verged on the negative when talking of them.........

Instead of going all Godwin's Law about their rewriting of the history of the meeting I'll settle for calling them a lodge of TwoHats, Mowbray excluded.

There are enough of them at Ewood to make the Boardroom a Brothel and there's a Madam in Pune already.

Many thanks to those who posed the pertinent questions at the meeting and of course the provider of these excellent, authentic, non-redacted minutes.

Regarding the blue font omissions, why do you think Senior's many mentions of the "Family Club of the Year" award were removed from the BBC transcript? Was it simply because the irrelevant deflections were too obvious even for them?

It is also obvious who Radio Lancashire is backing in the relations and dispute between fans and BRFC. Feeble.

Mixing metaphors but again, well done for holding some slippery feet over the fire. We need more of this if we are going to cauterise Blackburn Rovers FC

CHESTON: "Well initially, obviously we’ve got to concentrate on the performance of the team and get us up the table and then in time, hopefully the owners will begin to support the club by providing more finance, etc, etc.  That process itself will demonstrate that the club is going in the right direction"

A tacit admission that the club is being left to wither on the vine. 

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

CHESTON: "Well initially, obviously we’ve got to concentrate on the performance of the team and get us up the table and then in time, hopefully the owners will begin to support the club by providing more finance, etc, etc.  That process itself will demonstrate that the club is going in the right direction"

A tacit admission that the club is being left to wither on the vine. 

Precisely.

Plus, the very idea that finance to support the club might - hopefully - be provided once performance and league position improves. :huh: That's putting the horse after the cart!

Just now, Stuart said:

Precisely.

Plus, the very idea that finance to support the club might - hopefully - be provided once performance and league position improves. :huh:That's putting the horse after the cart!

Great minds. Believe it or believe it not I put that exact same phrase in my original post which got lost in the ether.

It's a bizarre way of running the club, but it backs up the theory that Mrs D has told Big Baz to do one with the begging bowl until he can prove he's vaguely competent at something. Which he appears not to be. So that's that. Crumbs from the table and a perennial relegation battle.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Martin Samuel, a respectable media reporter with the Daily Mail on the fit and proper person test. He makes great points and they are right. Cant tell how successful business people with run a football club. 

http://dailym.ai/2p8ed2V

Read the test it only applies to companies or directors with a uk or Eu history. The test is one and a half pages compared to a financial directors uk test which is a hell of allot more 

I have to say that both the BBC and the Lancashire Telegraph, should hang their collective heads in shame. It is pretty obvious that they have been neglectful in their responsibilities and should have ensured that the vital bits of this meeting were out there for everyone to read. Thanks to the tenacity of a fan, we can now all see exactly what was said and how enlightening it was. No wonder the club ensure that the main media outlets were gagged.

Thankfully we have a wonderful site like this one, where we have people who care passionately about the club, which is the exact opposite of some of the decision makers at BRFC. The only interest most of those people have is in the coin and is the very reason why, we are where we are right now. The owners do not care two hoots and if someone at the club had the balls to say so, then maybe we would have a chance. As history has shown though, speak out against them and you are out on your ear.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Action Group to request Cheston's resignation? If he goes it doesnt make one bit of different in the great scheme of things cos it will be another guy in the seat

Cheston put his name to hiring Coyle so if the club go down he has that stain on his shirt and he should resign end of.  It's also his job as finance director to stand up and say to the owners this thing is going to the wall, do something.

Will he ?   No chance he'll just scrabble about looking for ways to borrow, beg and steal to keep the club going and probably tell them we are ok it's called arse covering.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Mark Fish's questions are brilliant. Absolutely on the money.

As chairman of the BRFC Action Group i have a duty to hold these people accountable to their actions.  Our line of questioning is honesty no different in this meeting than it is in any other meeting involving the club and group officials, which is probably why the current administration refuse to meet with the group directly.

Sadly 99% of what we say in meetings never makes the official minutes and i therefore applaud the person who wrote up this transcript as it gives everyone a true insight in what is actually being said.

13 minutes ago, lraC said:

I have to say that both the BBC and the Lancashire Telegraph, should hang their collective heads in shame. It is pretty obvious that they have been neglectful in their responsibilities and should have ensured that the vital bits of this meeting were out there for everyone to read. Thanks to the tenacity of a fan, we can now all see exactly what was said and how enlightening it was. No wonder the club ensure that the main media outlets were gagged.

Thankfully we have a wonderful site like this one, where we have people who care passionately about the club, which is the exact opposite of some of the decision makers at BRFC. The only interest most of those people have is in the coin and is the very reason why, we are where we are right now. The owners do not care two hoots and if someone at the club had the balls to say so, then maybe we would have a chance. As history has shown though, speak out against them and you are out on your ear.

The LT are frightened stiff that they will be banned from Ewood for spouting the truth / aka negative news.  They are owned by a newspaper group that are run on a shoestring and they cannot afford to lose Rovers advertising and one of the few reasons some people still buy the 'newspaper' (sic).

I cannot see the LT lasting very long.  It will go along with the LEP (Preston) and Gazette (Blackpool) to be relaunched as a 'Lancashire United' newspaper.  Thenodrog will have have secured his dream ;).

Archived