BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we stay up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tom said:

Think we will be ok if we stay up - however if we go down we will go down again.

C'mon MercerTom. What gives you that impression?

The only good thing about staying up this season is staying up this season. It will feel like a promotion. But then we are going to be a League One standard side (at best) trying to stay up - and hoping there are three worse teams.

Our only hope is that Venkys have turned off life support to see if their baby can breathe on its own, and they will get interested again if it does. It's up there with Bob Hope and no hope.

Next season really could be truly awful but it's another season of Championship level TV income and we avoid L1 FFP for a while longer. But our cloth will be cut as though we have been relegated.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think if we can stay on this season we will be in mid table next season as long we have a sensible recruitment plan (which Senior/Mowbray say we have).

Mowbray knows this league.

That assumes that there will be a)  money available b.)  decent players coming in. Bitter recent experience suggests both are pie in the sky. 

Groundless optimism again. However, it is an acknowledgement that things must be awful if you're limiting yourself to a mid table prediction

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think if we can stay on this season we will be in mid table next season as long we have a sensible recruitment plan (which Senior/Mowbray say we have).

I stopped reading that post at the word 'sensible'.

If we stay up, Senior will use his contacts to bring in proven quality whilst reducing the wage bill.

With Mowbray's experience we will be top half by January. This will tempt Pascha to loosen the Venky purse strings in the transfer window and bring in a couple of proven players.  

Success in the play offs will beckon and, when we go up, Mercerman will buy his own vineyard with his winnings.

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ah, yes. Restructuring - I'd forgot about that Chaddy. 

I don't think you understand what that means. It's simple, it means cutbacks.

We've been restructuring since 2010.

two companies that I worked for went through restructure. They don't exist any more.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Senior is a failed scout and bullshitter , do you really believe a word he says ?

Just now, Hasta said:

If we stay up, Senior will use his contacts to bring in proven quality whilst reducing the wage bill.

With Mowbray's experience we will be top half by January. This will tempt Pascha to loosen the Venky purse strings in the transfer window and bring in a couple of proven players.  

Success in the play offs will beckon and, when we go up, Mercerman will buy his own vineyard with his winnings.

If there was a post of the week, this would win.

Whilst keeping in regular touch with the MB through viewing, my posts have dwindled with my lack of attendance at the games. There is undoubtedly a circuitous element to our calamitous position. Absentee owners, who send platitudes from Pune towers, once or twice a year, cause us fans to in-fight and wonder what next? 

With 3 games to go we are all still in limbo. If, by some miracle, we survive, the future is already mapped out. The idiots don't want to/will not spend a penny more of their (already wasted) money. We are an irrelevance now. The promises are a distant memory, as is the PL. TM will no doubt jump if we go down, Surely he has a clause to jump if he doesn't keep us up?

Save for the Loons, not one person seems to be able to tell us, the lifeblood of the club, why they continue to own us. None of it makes sense. Their name (which was unknown before they took over), continues to be dirt in this country. They have "achieved" absolutely nothing but notoriety for destroying our club. If we get relegated, which is still very much the likelihood, then loanee's will go back, high earners (anything over £2k per week) will be invited/told to leave, and we will be the whipping boys of League 1.

We are in a no win, whether we stay up or go down. More of the same if we do, more of the same if we don't.

I admire the stayers', I'm a not goer at the moment.

Whichever, we are all believers' in Blackburn Rovers; the club; community; the history.

I just want them out of our lives, I know that unites us all. 

Just now, den said:

Ah, yes. Restructuring - I'd forgot about that Chaddy. 

I don't think you understand what that means. It's simple, it means cutbacks.

We've been restructuring since 2010.

two companies that I worked for went through restructure. They don't exist any more.

I getting abit bored of being talked down too like a Thick or something. Its really annoying. 

We need a better quality playing squad with some leaders in the squad and a team with style of play/tactics plus a plan B. 

We have some players on wages that all massive over the top. That needs addressing

And just for the record Ive been the casualty of a restructuring of a company  6 years ago and in all fairness It was one of the best thing that ever happened to me. And in another company Ive recently work for(in the past year) I found myself a new job cos I didnt agree with the restructuring of the staff when I was as supervisor there. They were other reasons aswell but I keep them private

If we stay up there will be further cutbacks and next season we will be battling relegation due to Venkys. 

If we go down there will be further cutbacks and next season we will be battling relegation due to Venkys. 

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Whilst keeping in regular touch with the MB through viewing, my posts have dwindled with my lack of attendance at the games. There is undoubtedly a circuitous element to our calamitous position. Absentee owners, who send platitudes from Pune towers, once or twice a year, cause us fans to in-fight and wonder what next? 

With 3 games to go we are all still in limbo. If, by some miracle, we survive, the future is already mapped out. The idiots don't want to/will not spend a penny more of their (already wasted) money. We are an irrelevance now. The promises are a distant memory, as is the PL. TM will no doubt jump if we go down, Surely he has a clause to jump if he doesn't keep us up?

Save for the Loons, not one person seems to be able to tell us, the lifeblood of the club, why they continue to own us. None of it makes sense. Their name (which was unknown before they took over), continues to be dirt in this country. They have "achieved" absolutely nothing but notoriety for destroying our club. If we get relegated, which is still very much the likelihood, then loanee's will go back, high earners (anything over £2k per week) will be invited/told to leave, and we will be the whipping boys of League 1.

We are in a no win, whether we stay up or go down. More of the same if we do, more of the same if we don't.

I admire the stayers', I'm a not goer at the moment.

Whichever, we are all believers' in Blackburn Rovers; the club; community; the history.

I just want them out of our lives, I know that unites us all. 

Excellent post , my gut feeling is Mowbray more likely to walk if we stay up ! Similar scenario to Lambert ...

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We need a better quality playing squad with some leaders in the squad and a team with style of play/tactics plus a plan B. 

We have some players on wages that all massive over the top. That needs addressing

So we are basically where we were when we got relegated from the Prem - just poorer and lower down the league.

It's alright needing a better squad. Needing and getting are often two very different things. 

Some players are on big wages, well you either keep getting bored by them or you agree a percentage of the outstanding contract to pay them off with. I don't think we can afford and pay-off at all. 

Genuinely sorry if you feel you're being spoken down to Chaddy, but it seems your vision of next season is way out of kilter with the last six years or so. 

I think next season is going to be absolutely unbearable for the whole nine months

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you recruit chaddy with no money?  The reason we are where we are now is because we spent no money last summer and it was made clear at the meeting the other week that there is going to be little or no money this summer. 

Archived