BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we stay up

Just now, Parsonblue said:

How do you recruit chaddy with no money?  The reason we are where we are now is because we spent no money last summer and it was made clear at the meeting the other week that there is going to be little or no money this summer. 

Strap yourselves in folks, this could be the clash of the titans! 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't be spending a penny on transfer fees in summer.

Venkys won't sign off any contracts unless it is pennies.

We are going to be relying on other clubs paying the wages of loanees (like Emnes).

Relegation pretty much a certainty.

This isn't being pessimisic, this is looking at all the facts and being realistic.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I getting abit bored of being talked down too like a Thick or something. Its really annoying. 

We need a better quality playing squad with some leaders in the squad and a team with style of play/tactics plus a plan B. 

We have some players on wages that all massive over the top. That needs addressing

And just for the record Ive been the casualty of a restructuring of a company  6 years ago and in all fairness It was one of the best thing that ever happened to me. And in another company Ive recently work for(in the past year) I found myself a new job cos I didnt agree with the restructuring of the staff when I was as supervisor there. They were other reasons aswell but I keep them private

Well I apologise for the tone of my post then Chaddy. I do appreciate your positivity as well, but come on - how can we possibly hope to improve the way we're being run? I mean, it's seven and a half years now and we have "restructured" every single year so far. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

How do you recruit chaddy with no money?  The reason we are where we are now is because we spent no money last summer and it was made clear at the meeting the other week that there is going to be little or no money this summer. 

Firstly you need a proper recruiment structure in place and recruiment plan around the tactics that will be used by head coach. 

Secondly, you recruit players that fit those tactics going to be used. 

Thirdly, how much money did Dyche spend when he got Burnley up the 1st time or Grayson this season or Clough at Burton?

In this league you need a side that is structured and organised. Plus players who want to be here and players physically fit enough for this league. 

Firstly you need a proper recruiment structure in place and recruiment plan around the tactics that will be used by head coach. 

Thirdly, how much money did Dyche spend when he got Burnley up the 1st time or Grayson this season or Clough at Burton?

In this league you need a side that is structured and organised. Plus players who want to be here and players physically fit enough for this league. 

So basically we have to recruit? Got it!

Do you think Mowbray will have us structured and organised? We certainly weren't structured and organised today.

But how do you do that, with no money?

IMG_2379.JPG

THERE'S NO BLOODY MONEY. 

NO MONEY. 

NAFF ALL. 

ZERO. 

DENADA DINEIRO

KAPUT GELDAUTOMAT

BUGGERALLOV CASHKI

You can draw up recruiting strategies and have all the meetings you like. Unless you can find some magic beans in corporation park WE WILL NOT BE SIGNING ANY BLOODY PLAYERS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO CHUFFING DOUGH TO BUY THEM WITH. 

Blooming Ada 

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

We are in a no win, whether we stay up or go down. More of the same if we do, more of the same if we don't.

There are still Rovers fans out there who cannot see or simply will not acknowledge the sheer gravitas of the awful situation we face under Venkys tenure.

I find it mind bending.

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

If we stay up there will be further cutbacks and next season we will be battling relegation due to Venkys. 

If we go down there will be further cutbacks and next season we will be battling relegation due to Venkys. 

Nail head. 101 billion percent

Yet some are still living in the clouds

They used to call all those Seniorisms in your first two questions 'the manager'.

Your third question is a bit disingenuous since he had Ings, Vokes, Shackell amongst others. He inherited a decent squad. They also had parachute payments and player sales to the tune of about £12m to help to shape the squad. We are nothing like Burnley were.

We need to be looking at the likes of Barnsley but even they spent over £2m THIS season having unearthed some gems.

The problem we have is that clubs like Barnsley sell players for top bunce and then... are you listening Venkys/Senior/Cheston... REINVEST in the PERMANENT playing staff, not just put the money into loan wages, agents fees, high interest loan repayments or elsewhere.

So your recruitment structure is a bit of a pipe dream if we don't spend ANYTHING.

They spent more than £250,000 chaddy and I doubt there will be that in the summer.  I agree that it doesn't need a fortune being spent but you do need to spend something and from what was said at the meeting it's clear that there is little or no money to spend on transfer fees.  Dyche had a much better starting point than Mowbray in terms of the squad he inherited.  With the loans returning to their parent clubs, with out of contract players leaving, this is going to require a major rebuilding job in the summer.  How you do that with £250,000 is beyond me.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

There are still Rovers fans out there who cannot see or simply will not acknowledge the sheer gravitas of the awful situation we face under Venkys tenure.

I find it mind bending.

SG:  from talking and listening to fans I see very few who do not understand the mire we are in.  However many turn up regardless as is their choice.  It is called support, people support in different ways, even boycotters are supporters.

Just now, broadsword said:

Some people are living in a very comforting bubble of delusion which is about to meet the cold hard concrete reality of a club that is only able to operate by digging a bigger hole for itself and is now on the brink of going to the wall

I totally agree. The Loons have no idea how to run a football club from however many miles away. Like so many new owners the ideal was far from the reality.

The only outcome is administration. They have stopped funds, and the club cannot survive on its income. It's only a matter of time.

You ask for rational replies then at least give us something to work with.

6.5 years on an the penny still hasn't dropped.

:o

2 minutes ago, preston blue said:

SG:  from talking and listening to fans I see very few who do not understand the mire we are in.  However many turn up regardless as is their choice.  It is called support, people support in different ways, even boycotters are supporters.

Yes PB, I acknowledge and accept the various choices of 'support'..that is the prerogative of every individual.

What I cannot personally except is plain stupid,blind,baseless optimism in the face of all the horror that has unfolded these last seven long years of utter fookin torture at Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

I don't want to hear all will be well when it feels like having my knackers put through a Washing Mangle by the Pune loons!

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

They spent more than £250,000 chaddy and I doubt there will be that in the summer.  I agree that it doesn't need a fortune being spent but you do need to spend something and from what was said at the meeting it's clear that there is little or no money to spend on transfer fees.  Dyche had a much better starting point than Mowbray in terms of the squad he inherited.  With the loans returning to their parent clubs, with out of contract players leaving, this is going to require a major rebuilding job in the summer.  How you do that with £250,000 is beyond me.

And £250,000 buys you by far the worst left back in the division, to put things into context.

11 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

The only outcome is administration. They have stopped funds, and the club cannot survive on its income. It's only a matter of time.

Under 'normal' circumstances, it would only be a matter of time but these idiots are playing with us. Yes, they have stopped funds and equally yes, the club can't survive on its income. However, as long as they keep us operating by increasing the overall bank debt, we will continue.

I have said before that this won't stop at League 1, we will fall further than that. They also know that they can do basically what they want without any meaningful reaction from the dwindling support. I sincerely hope that they look to unload us in the short term but I'm afraid it will drag on for some time yet.

It's worse than death by a thousand cuts. In short, we're absolutely f****d.

If Rovers were a normal football club I would be desperate to stay up. You can pick up frees and loans to make a better squad if you have a proper scouting network in place so even the lack of money needn't be a disaster. We aren't a normal club though. Decisions are taken for the personal benefit of certain parties within and outside the club with no consideration of any benefit to the club. Look at the director of football appointment for instance, what's going on there?  So for me I couldn't care less if we stay up or go down because it makes no difference in the long term if the club is still run along the same lines.

Just now, McClarky said:

If Rovers were a normal football club I would be desperate to stay up. You can pick up frees and loans to make a better squad if you have a proper scouting network in place so even the lack of money needn't be a disaster. We aren't a normal club though. Decisions are taken for the personal benefit of certain parties within and outside the club with no consideration of any benefit to the club. Look at the director of football appointment for instance, what's going on there?  So for me I couldn't care less if we stay up or go down because it makes no difference in the long term if the club is still run along the same lines.

Exactly how I feel

It appears to me that someone suddenly realised in late December/early January the extent of the predicament we were in. Their 'solution' was to go and appoint an 'expert' in the football arena to troubleshoot. Senior was then handed the job to come in, assess what was going on, make recommendations after a period of analysing what was going wrong. Eventually he got permission from above to make a managerial change, presumably on the basis that only one new wage (Mowbray) would be added to the payroll with Dunn and Lowe making the step up from their existing duties.

A blind man who had no knowledge of Blackburn Rovers would have known immediately upon arrival that Coyle was the immediate problem and the manager needed changing quickly to give us any chance of survival, so I'm going to give Senior the benefit of the doubt and assume he knew pretty soon after arriving that Coyle had to get the boot. If that is the case then once again it appears that Venky's delaying and insistence that decisions are run by them first has cost us big time, as Coyle continued to wreak havoc for another 6 weeks making Mowbray's job even more difficult. I also don't believe Senior's claim that money was available for signings in January but he decided none were value for money. I think he knows full well there is zero money to spend and his job will be to wheel and deal in the frees and loan market which is probably how he has sold himself to the owners.

If however Senior didn't spot Coyle was the problem and gave him time to try and turn it around before acting or there was indeed cash available but he didn't allow any to be spent, then god help us this summer if he is running the show.

Of course all the while our Championship status was going down the drain, not to mention potentially the club's medium to long term future.

You see, either way you look at the situation we are doomed.

Archived