BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

27 minutes ago, Mike E said:

:lol: Not if you become a teacher <_<

:P lol.:D

"Right kids I'll give you a thousand house points each if you are quiet, and 10,000 to the person who uses justeat to get me breakfast in a tray".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predetermined slogans galore in today's PMQ's. Parliament at its worst.

i just feel that politics is more dishonest now than at any other time in my 68 years.

cameron, May never answering a straight question with a straight answer while always looking to make discussions personal, Lib Dems reduced to opportunism, while Labour currently persuading nobody.

poor state of affairs.

17 hours ago, den said:

Predetermined slogans galore in today's PMQ's. Parliament at its worst.

i just feel that politics is more dishonest now than at any other time in my 68 years.

cameron, May never answering a straight question with a straight answer while always looking to make discussions personal, Lib Dems reduced to opportunism, while Labour currently persuading nobody.

poor state of affairs.

As demonstrated again by Johnsons personal attack on Corbyn.

Theresa May interview on Radio Derby today.

Caller: "What is a mugwump prime minister?"   [Johnson called Corbyn a mugwump today)

May: "What Britain needs is a strong, stable government.......etc etc"

Is May a robot ? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Theresa May interview on Radio Derby today.

Caller: "What is a mugwump prime minister?"   [Johnson called Corbyn a mugwump today)

May: "What Britain needs is a strong, stable government.......etc etc"

Is May a robot ? 

In what part is she wrong?

Just now, Baz said:

In what part is she answering the question?

Is it not a stupid question to initially ask? Why would anyone person answer it? I mean who would even ask a question like that?

Thats one thing I like about May courts no controversy, gets on with the job in hand, under the radar as such and isn't Cameron where speeches became famous for quips against others or due to silly ill informed choices of wording/petty dispute. 

The journalist is perfectly sensible to question the PM about pathetc childish insults made by BoJo, one of her senior cabinet choices.

May like Cameron follows the same no-nonsense approach of never answering a question - and just splurging out the "strong, stable" mantra, whether it's relevant or not, or even correct. It's the exact same stuff Cameron was saying 2 years ago, and you can hardly say it's been strong and stable since then.

Just now, Baz said:

The journalist is perfectly sensible to question the PM about pathetc childish insults made by BoJo, one of her senior cabinet choices.

May like Cameron follows the same no-nonsense approach of never answering a question - and just splurging out the "strong, stable" mantra, whether it's relevant or not, or even correct. It's the exact same stuff Cameron was saying 2 years ago, and you can hardly say it's been strong and stable since then.

So she (May) is responsible for him, okay but she doesn't control BoJo's mind! My employees sometimes (Could be in Public) make mistakes, as their manager I might be quizzed over it, would i throw my own team working for me under the bus and risk unrest in the "camp" and potencially undermine my own position on a "subject" or too choose instead of answering a random caller up from the public deal with it in private? I'd personally deal with it in private and mitigate any attention the daft comment may have drawn to a minority as would most managers/directors etc.

No different to Arsene Wenger's "Didn't see it" lines.

Think your looking for anything/excuse to attack May here.

The point is, which seems to have gone other people's heads, is that May ignored the caller (not journalist's) question and repeated the same banal slogan we've heard hundreds of times already and are likely to hear thousands of times over the next 7 weeks. Lynton Crosby drills this sort of stuff into the Tories every election (last time it was Labour's borrowing wrecked the economy) . I suppose it you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it is true. 

Of course she is responsible for BoJo, she didn't need to give him the foreign secretary role. It's hardly like he has no previous is it.

Offices & football clubs are a completely different situation, but let's run with it....If your boss asked why one of your team had made a public insult about a person working for another company do you think it's logical to answer that you are a strong, stable leader? My bosses would ask me what on earth I'm talking about.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The point is, which seems to have gone other people's heads, is that May ignored the caller (not journalist's) question and repeated the same banal slogan we've heard hundreds of times already and are likely to hear thousands of times over the next 7 weeks. Lynton Crosby drills this sort of stuff into the Tories every election (last time it was Labour's borrowing wrecked the economy) . I suppose it you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it is true. 

It hasn't gone over mine, the caller and i agree it is my opinion was completely moronic to even ask such a daft question. Labour by there own note confirmed there was no money, they were an appolling disgrace on this country. Now i appreciate potentially where your from and you may have certain alliances as they do exist so lets not carry on this debate over if labour spoiled the ecomomy and whether it was a lie or not as your clever enough to work out it was far from a lie. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/09/liam-byrne-apology-letter-there-is-no-money-labour-general-election

David Cameron brandishes Liam Byrne's letter during the 2015 election campaign.

Just now, Baz said:

Of course she is responsible for BoJo, she didn't need to give him the foreign secretary role. It's hardly like he has no previous is it.

Offices & football clubs are a completely different situation, but let's run with it....If your boss asked why one of your team had made a public insult about a person working for another company do you think it's logical to answer that you are a strong, stable leader? My bosses would ask me what on earth I'm talking about.

You can't control what another does Baz, he's outspoken is BoJo why do you think he's not sat in May's seat! We'd have another Trump on our hands if he did!

Your asking me on my boss, i was embarking on a idiotic member of public calling up a talkshow posing the question to May, he's not her boss. 

39 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

You can't control what another does Baz, he's outspoken is BoJo why do you think he's not sat in May's seat! We'd have another Trump on our hands if he did!

Your asking me on my boss, i was embarking on a idiotic member of public calling up a talkshow posing the question to May, he's not her boss. 

Technically the public are her boss.

• Backroom

She could've answered it with a simple 'I'm aware of the remark, and will discuss it with Mr. Johnson in private' to at least acknowledge the caller properly imo.

I'm struggling to see why so many people think Theresa May is a strong leader. I wonder if people are mistaking 'strong and silent' type for just 'silent'? Any time she's pressed on an issue, she barely says a word. Whether it's Trump, election expenses, whatever comes out of Boris' mouth...nothing.

She's called a general election that she seemingly doesn't want to participate in. In what other country can a party leader shirk a debate with opposition parties? It's pretty much the only chance the leaders have to debate issues without the media spinning or doctoring the answers, it's nearest thing we get to verbatim and being able to draw our own conclusions. A strong leader would relish the chance, it seems she'll just rely on Murdoch and Dacre to do it for her.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

She could've answered it with a simple 'I'm aware of the remark, and will discuss it with Mr. Johnson in private' to at least acknowledge the caller properly imo.

She should have just told him/her  to " google " it   

On 4/26/2017 at 6:41 PM, Biz said:

May said "strong" 31 times today at pmq's.. I wish she'd get to the point.. 

Yeah and Damien Green mentioned " Strong and Stable Leadership " and the " Coalition of Chaos " within minutes, if  not seconds  of his first contribution on Question Time last night and then repeated it  . The message is slogans and the repetition thereof  seem to work in politics .  Just a few examples :

Labour Isn't Working - Conservative victory 1979

Long Term Economic Plan - Conservative victory 2015

Take Back Control - Leave the EU victory 2016

Strong and Stable Leadership - .................. ( I'll come  back on 8th June ) 

Coalition of Chaos - ................... ( as above ) 

Labour needs to get the hang of this . Perhaps :

" Do as we say , not as we do "    

On second thoughts ....................... :)

Archived