BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Hypothetically speaking:

If the LibDems gain control on the back of an anti-Brexit manifesto, is that a mandate from the public to remain in the EU?

Well it would be as it would be the greatest upset in the history of British politics.

But it is not going to happen, so a totally academic point.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree.

If the LibDems run on an anti brexit platform and win (absolutely no chance) that in itself would be a reversal of brexit.

No fear the numpty Sun and Mail readers plus the Express and Torygraph will decide the next election and the fate of our children and grandchildren.

43 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I disagree.

If the LibDems run on an anti brexit platform and win (absolutely no chance) that in itself would be a reversal of brexit.

No fear the numpty Sun and Mail readers plus the Express and Torygraph will decide the next election and the fate of our children and grandchildren.

As anti Brexit as I am, I don't think the result of a general election should override the result of a direct referendum. A mandate for a second referendum would be as good as it gets, with the question being remain, hard Brexit,  soft Brexit. 

Theresa May is a proven liar and second only to Margaret Thatcher for me

Labour doesn't have a hope overall

Libdems aren't going to make any serious impact

Which leaves only one choice, to vote for a decent, hard working constituency MP in the belief he will continue to do good things for us. Lindsay Hoyle it is. 

At least in Chorley I can be sure my vote counts which for large areas of the country it doesn't.

The Tories will win and the majority of the country will suffer the triple whammy of  Brexit, another five years of austerity and a low tax economy.

The country is falling apart and it's the poor and socially disadvantaged who will continue to pay the very heavy price. We need sustained investment. No chance of any political party committing to that - it makes too much sense.

Sadly, in my constituency, that tactic contributed to us getting a Tory government.

There is no doubt that Andrea Jenkins is a much better local representative than Ed Balls ever was, but because of a flawed voting system where one vote has to count for three things (local representative MP, national representative party and PM) a former labour stranghold now has a Tory MP.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but this time I'll be voting tactically, not for the candidate who I feels best represent me, but the one that most likely contribute to removing the Tory stranglehold on this country.

Hoyle has a majority of 4500. Glenn in Chorley the current forecast for winning is:

Labour 48%

Tory 49%

UKIP 2%

Libdems 1%

Others 0%

No other way to vote for me. I'm pleased my vote will count locally but it makes no difference nationally.

Here endeth the Labour party run by complete buffoons which isn't too bad a thing. Voting for Tim nice but extremely dim is a huge mistake (seconded by voting for the red idiots/green party and the rest of the fools we elect).

For me, and it is a sad thing to say, the only party worthwhile voting for is Conservative, because at the end of the day they are the only party capable of taking us through Brexit. There is too much inbred fighting (a bot like this forum) when the elected idiots should all be working together and not against each other to take us away from the monster that is Brussels.

That is the only reason the GE has been called so that it can be done for the better of our country.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

There is too much inbred fighting when the elected idiots should all be working together and not against each other

I edited this heavily, just to make the point that it just doesn't happen in the UK. It happens here and in spades.

It is frustrating and smacks of self interest on behalf of politicians.

It has to end.

I hope everyone can afford private healthcare i.e. paying out thousands for routine operations and with increasing regularity as you get older...because this is what is coming if you give the 'Nasty 'Party' a mandate for another 5 years so they can finish the job of destroying the social infrastructure of the country. And it will be even worse for your kids.

And that's just the tip of a very ruinous iceberg.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Here endeth the Labour party run by complete buffoons which isn't too bad a thing. Voting for Tim nice but extremely dim is a huge mistake (seconded by voting for the red idiots/green party and the rest of the fools we elect).

For me, and it is a sad thing to say, the only party worthwhile voting for is Conservative, because at the end of the day they are the only party capable of taking us through Brexit. There is too much inbred fighting (a bot like this forum) when the elected idiots should all be working together and not against each other to take us away from the monster that is Brussels.

That is the only reason the GE has been called so that it can be done for the better of our country.

What does then even mean?  How do you know Theresa 'it's all about me' May is capable of taking us through anything? She was a disaster at the Home Office as I recall.

She doesn't care about you. Remember that when voting for her.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

That is a self fulfilling prophecy that will see places like Blackburn and Accrington (what's left of them) decimated by 2020. If you buy into the need for hard brexit fair enough, but don't forget the damage this current government are doing on a daily basis to the health, education and other public elements that we pay for. Don't forget the Uturns, the lies and the election fraud. You might be one of the lucky ones, but a huge percentage of this country are earning LESS than they did 5 years ago for the same amount of work.

I personally find it difficult to vote as it is, but for a proven liar? Never. The election fraud of 2015 sums up the power hungry scum that orchestrated this. Turning this into the "brexit election" is just ANOTHER way to hoodwink the nation into thinking it's in their interests.

Well, you (or any pro brexit) may think that it's worth all the pain to rid us of the migrant crisis or bureaucracy of the EU.

I personally can't see how anyone could concentrate on just this element (the Eu), when it's likely  the cost of many things will go up, opportunities will not improve, education becomes more and more "us and them"(Grammar schools and postcode funding) people will earn less, their property could be devalued, their rent and bills WILL go up, they have less access to benefits and support, they have a poorer health service, they have less other public support networks- less police, less fire etc etc

The list goes on and on. If only Jim was correct about selfish voting because on the face of what's happened, how could anybody vote for Theresa "The class A liar" May?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I hope everyone can afford private healthcare i.e. paying out thousands for routine operations and with increasing regularity as you get older...because this is what is coming if you give the 'Nasty 'Party' a mandate for another 5 years so they can finish the job of destroying the social infrastructure of the country. And it will be even worse for your kids.

And that's just the tip of a very ruinous iceberg.

Check out the Canadian system, and

The Australian system. We don't have Private Health Insurance and seem to get along ok

Expect the tories to have around 400 MP's by 9th June with Labour around 150 and Lib Dem's around 20. 

I will be interested to see what policies are going to announce in the next few weeks. 

Wont be voting Labour as Corbyn is unelectedable and was picked by Big Len(unions leader) but nationally he cant will. If David Millband was in charge then I would listen to the policies. 

Dont like Tim Farron's comments this morning I was reading about homesexaully. Disgraceful tbh. 

So its like I will be voting Tories. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Expect the tories to have around 400 MP's by 9th June with Labour around 150 and Lib Dem's around 20. 

I will be interested to see what policies are going to announce in the next few weeks. 

Wont be voting Labour as Corbyn is unelectedable and was picked by Big Len(unions leader) but nationally he cant will. If David Millband was in charge then I would listen to the policies. 

Dont like Tim Farron's comments this morning I was reading about homesexaully. Disgraceful tbh. 

So its like I will be voting Tories. 

Farron is well known for his homophobic stance being "a good Christian" unfortunately flies in the face of his all inclusive stance on Europe.

What is interesting is just reading a few things today on social media the amount of people that are alluding to voting for the Libs expecting them to stop brexit, obviously have not read what the Libs actually saying. So they will probably take a  few Labour seats and I would guess a lower number of Tory seats, and unfortunately like you say Corbyn is un-electable therefore leaving it wide open for a Tory victory with a big margin which is never a good thing whatever party is in power

19 hours ago, JohnD said:

The one and only chance to avoid Brexit. Only a LibDem vote achieves that irrespective of where you live in the UK.

After propping up a Tory government I said I'd never vote for them again but this is different.

What about people who want Brexit to happen? 

I wanted Brexit to happen and voted for us to leave the EU

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Farron is well known for his homophobic stance being "a good Christian" unfortunately flies in the face of his all inclusive stance on Europe.

Unfortunately like you say Corbyn is un-electable therefore leaving it wide open for a Tory victory with a big margin which is never a good thing whatever party is in power

I will vote Tories but I want to see much more investment in the nhs and schools from them. 

Wont be voting Labour as Corbyn is unelectedable

Is it just me who feels the deep irony every time I hear this phrase? Corbyn is unelectable....

Out of interest Chaddy, what benefits do a Tory government give you? Talking selfish for second, I know Corbyn would improve public spending thus improve my life potentially.. what would brexit and May do for you?

I didn't realise you had a non eu based business that wanted tax breaks to trade and move to the U.K.? 

• Moderation Lead

I suppose the most interesting thing is that we are allegedly penny-pinching, going for austerity, but then a general election isn't free and hardly a good use of what is allegedly scant resources.

The deficit isn't down, despite the promises made in 2010, so this is a blatant, opportunistic power grab.

• Moderation Lead

I will vote Tories but I want to see much more investment in the nhs and schools from them. 

Then don't vote Tory, Chaddy!

Just now, K-Hod said:

I suppose the most interesting thing is that we are allegedly penny-pinching, going for austerity, but then a general election isn't free and hardly a good use of what is allegedly scant resources.

The deficit isn't down, despite the promises made in 2010, so this is a blatant, opportunistic power grab.

There were lots of calls for  a second referendum on brexit, so people are not actually bothered about the cost to the country of a democratic process it seems. 

Whether May is a liar or not she is STILL the much better option than anyone else.

Seriously, can anyone imagine this country under the imbecilic Corbyn or Tim I am very dim ?

The country is going to the dogs because of the ineptness of the politicians of this country, that's the whole bloody lot of them. Instead of bickering like little spoiled bitches they should be working together on every problem and that is where the simple issues lie, they don't and we, the bigger fools, put them there.

I watched the news for 4 hours yesterday after it broke, I listened to Diana Abbot, the biggest liar of them all and who is in so much denial it spouts from her big rancid nose. I then listened to Tim I am very dim, and he couldn't even give a straight answer when asked by the reporter, he reverted to the Lib Dems being the be all and end all and the real future of this country.

I listened to the poisoned dwarf that is Jimmy Krankie, and she again spouted off about the Scots wanting another referendum and avoided every other question put to her.

All politicians are liars, it has to be in their make up.

We have all got our own views an opinions on the future. One thing is certain Corbyn or Tim I am very dim will never lead the UK in whatever direction we go and furthermore, they need to understand and get it into their heads, we are leaving the EU for the sake of our country and because the general public voted for it.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, perthblue02 said:

Did you want a second referendum on brexit? 

Not sure what that has to do with it tbh, but no. I voted remain, but what's done is done, so we need to get on with it.

Is a general election really the best use of resources at the moment, though? Why do we need one? May is in power and we're leaving the EU so let's get on with it and not have any more distractions!

You do realise that school spending is more unfair now than ever? Staff are dropping like flies and we are throwing thousands at bursaries for industry staff to train as teachers? Who will likely go the same way as the other teachers in first 5 years because of working conditions.

The NHS is at breaking point Chaddy. It's never been in this scenario before. Try talking to doctors, nurses and most importantly patients! 

Voting for tories AND wanting improvements in these areas!?!! It's like turkeys voting for christmas

Archived