BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Backroom
59 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hoyle has a majority of 4500. Glenn in Chorley the current forecast for winning is:

Labour 48%

Tory 49%

UKIP 2%

Libdems 1%

Others 0%

No other way to vote for me. I'm pleased my vote will count locally but it makes no difference nationally.

You never know, your vote now may count in your favour come 2022. A seat is better than no seat.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1864roverite said:

Whether May is a liar or not she is STILL the much better option than anyone else.

Seriously, can anyone imagine this country under the imbecilic Corbyn or Tim I am very dim ?

The country is going to the dogs because of the ineptness of the politicians of this country, that's the whole bloody lot of them. Instead of bickering like little spoiled bitches they should be working together on every problem and that is where the simple issues lie, they don't and we, the bigger fools, put them there.

I watched the news for 4 hours yesterday after it broke, I listened to Diana Abbot, the biggest liar of them all and who is in so much denial it spouts from her big rancid nose. I then listened to Tim I am very dim, and he couldn't even give a straight answer when asked by the reporter, he reverted to the Lib Dems being the be all and end all and the real future of this country.

I listened to the poisoned dwarf that is Jimmy Krankie, and she again spouted off about the Scots wanting another referendum and avoided every other question put to her.

All politicians are liars, it has to be in their make up.

We have all got our own views an opinions on the future. One thing is certain Corbyn or Tim I am very dim will never lead the UK in whatever direction we go and furthermore, they need to understand and get it into their heads, we are leaving the EU for the sake of our country and because the general public voted for it.

We agree on politicians in general but I'm not in the same boat to say May is the "lesser" of those evils. For the majority, she is the worst possible outcome based on everything you've seen in this thread so far.

Do I see Corbyn as an effective negotiator with world leaders? Not in the slightest, but it's only 3 months since I watched May cosy up to a sexist, racist, pig in a wig.

Do I see Farron as the answer? If the question is another referendum on brexit, I don't even care what the answer is because it's pointless to go such a way.

The priority should be running the country for the MAJORITY, and whichever political party offers the best deal on that front will get my vote. I won't be voting for a party who's sole rationale is for better posturing on a change in global positioning. 

• Backroom
Just now, Jbizzle said:

Is it just me who feels the deep irony every time I hear this phrase? Corbyn is unelectable....

Out of interest Chaddy, what benefits do a Tory government give you? Talking selfish for second, I know Corbyn would improve public spending thus improve my life potentially.. what would brexit and May do for you?

I didn't realise you had a non eu based business that wanted tax breaks to trade and move to the U.K.? 

Public spending is only any good if the money is real (our taxes) rather than borrowed. That means taxes MUST increase, which nobody will vote for.

Austerity is the alternative, which is also a bag of utter @#/?.

• Moderation Lead

It's always key to remember we are voting for policies not personalities, in spite of how it is reported in the media.

No matter what anyone thinks of Corbyn (I'm not that keen FYI), I'll bet barely anyone could say what his policies are. There's been a smear against him from day one.

If you look at what Tim has said on homosexuality in the past (which I did last night after being shocked at the C4 quote flying around social media), it actually sits much more comfortably with me than I'd ever imagined.

it boils down to ....

As a good Christian, I believe homosexuality is a sin.

Howerver, as a good liberal, I don't believe I have the right to impose that view on anyone else

Which works for me, I don't mind people believing whatever they want, it's pushing those beliefs onto others, or punishing them for not sharing them that I abhor.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Mike E said:

Public spending is only any good if the money is real (our taxes) rather than borrowed. That means taxes MUST increase, which nobody will vote for.

But before too long we'll have £350 Million extra a week, Mike, surely that can go on the NHS?.......

Just now, Mike E said:

Taxes are a huge part of the problem. I've no problem with personal bracketing, you know as well as I that the issue is with big business and corporation.

Exhibit #436683

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/11/exclusive-chancellor-philip-hammond-took-personal-stake-food/amp/

As people feather their own nest, we potentially have a nurses strike...

17 hours ago, Mike E said:

Hypothetically speaking:

If the LibDems gain control on the back of an anti-Brexit manifesto, is that a mandate from the public to remain in the EU?

There's hypothetical and what you wrote Mike!

Just now, Glenn said:

As a good Christian, I believe sexuality is a sin.

Howerver, as a good liberal, I don't believe I have the right to impose that view on anyone else

Glenn, not wanting put anything on anyone, but if that is a direct quote from Tim, then I'm surprised he's here with us.

Sexuality a sin!  You have to be kidding.

Just now, K-Hod said:

It's always key to remember we are voting for policies not personalities, in spite of how it is reported in the media.

No matter what anyone thinks of Corbyn (I'm not that keen FYI), I'll bet barely anyone could say what his policies are. There's been a smear against him from day one.

But the problem is he can't say what his policies are either. Not without sending us to sleep anyway!

A bloody tragedy.

Just now, 47er said:

But the problem is he can't say what his policies are either. Not without sending us to sleep anyway!

A bloody tragedy.

If you want to know what the Labour policies are look at the Tory manifesto, they've stole many of em, the ones they never stole failed miserably.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Gav said:

If you want to know what the Labour policies are look at the Tory manifesto, they've stole many of em, the ones they never stole failed miserably.

Aye, my recent favourite was The Daily Mail praising Theresa May for proposing the same policies Ed Milliband proposed a few years back, which they slammed him for......:huh:

Just now, 47er said:

A bloody tragedy.

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/10-pledges

On the face of it nothing really wrong with the pledges .No idea how they are going to pay for them though, maybe get a loan from his buddies in Hamas or Hezballoh?

Just now, dave birch said:

Glenn, not wanting put anything on anyone, but if that is a direct quote from Tim, then I'm surprised he's here with us.

Sexuality a sin!  You have to be kidding.

Stupid autocorrect (or bad typing from me). I'm going to go back and fix it :) 

Just now, perthblue02 said:

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/10-pledges

On the face of it nothing really wrong with the pledges .No idea how they are going to pay for them though, maybe get a loan from his buddies in Hamas or Hezballoh?

I think i'd rather take my chances with Hamas or Hezballoh rather than the Tories and their Saudi mates who stone women to death and throw people in fire pits alive for farting in the wrong direction.

The Queen had it right when she went out of her way to drive the Saudi King around the Royal estate :D

I'm not working in the sector any longer but a couple of years back I saw first hand what people are having to endure under Tory rule, queues at the local food bank, people that are really desperate, just imagine having to visit a food bank and how that must make you feel? but you needed to do to feed yourself and your kids.

I also witnessed a life changing diagnosis being given to a member of my family in a corridor at the local hospital because A&E was full, the corridor was also full of people being treated on trolleys, its just absolutely disgusting and going on across the country right now.

Then we have the lies and incompetence: 

How much did Cameron waste with his top down restructure of the NHS? billions wasted.

The chancellor breaks the Tory manifesto and has to be back peddle on NI.

They're that good on the economy that by 2020 they'll be running a surplus, absolutely no chance, they've borrowed more than Labour ever did and are nowhere near running a surplus, latest projections 2025.

Then we have the single market which they said we'd remain part of it in the manifesto - May said recently “I want to be clear. What I am proposing cannot mean membership of the single market.”

Then we have Camerons pledge to cut net migration to tens of thousands - absolute lies, its currently running at 230,000 a year.

All this has nothing to do with Corbyns ability to talk to world leaders, it has everything to do with looking after the hard working people of this country, vote Tory and you deserve everything you get.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will vote Tories but I want to see much more investment in the nhs and schools from them. 

I don't know how you could seriously write this but to judge from your previous posts you always vote Tory anyway. Just stick to the day job on the football board Chaddy.

There's a clear case for not voting at all in this election. All of the choices as leader are horrendous. Unfortunately all the focus will be on Brexit and very little on the real issues that affect people's lives such as austerity and the continued ideological underfunding of public services by this government.

The older I get the more I realise FPTP is a real issue. Millions of people in many parts of the country are effectively disenfranchised because of it. Any party that proposes PR will get my vote.

I thought it was interesting that following the announcement yesterday the £ jumped to it's highest level since October ( big savings  for those who have 3 or 4 foreign holidays a year and for the likes of Polly Toynbee on her trips to her Tuscany villa   ) and the stock market slid by 180 points ( not so good for those workers trying to  build a pension pot  outside the public sector) . The reason given was that the  bigger Conservative majority , the more likelihood of a softer Brexit , or as I prefer to call it , a Brexit in the national interest.  . I like the direction of travel and hopefully we'll see a manifesto containing amongst other things  :

1) a promise to abolish the triple lock on pensions 

2) do away with Osborne's daft tax lock , which as an example continues  the lunacy of the self employed still paying grossly  unfair rates of NI 

3) revisit the 12 billion foreign aid budget

4) a more pragmatic immigration policy after we leave the European project and the madness of free movement ( eg  " barrista visas " ) 

Yes it was a piece of political  opportunism , but you have to be politically  naive to condemn her - and those calling her a liar , hilarious - this is politics, get real !  . Thankfully the voters of the UK will have the commonsense to vote her back in . The alternative  ?  It doesn't bear thinking about 

48 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I don't know how you could seriously write this but to judge from your previous posts you always vote Tory anyway. Just stick to the day job on the football board Chaddy.

There's a clear case for not voting at all in this election. All of the choices as leader are horrendous. Unfortunately all the focus will be on Brexit and very little on the real issues that affect people's lives such as austerity and the continued ideological underfunding of public services by this government.

The older I get the more I realise FPTP is a real issue. Millions of people in many parts of the country are effectively disenfranchised because of it. Any party that proposes PR will get my vote.

What do you think of the preferential voting system Jim?

53 minutes ago, onlyonetugay said:

I thought it was interesting that following the announcement yesterday the £ jumped to it's highest level since October ( big savings  for those who have 3 or 4 foreign holidays a year and for the likes of Polly Toynbee on her trips to her Tuscany villa   ) and the stock market slid by 180 points ( not so good for those workers trying to  build a pension pot  outside the public sector) . The reason given was that the  bigger Conservative majority , the more likelihood of a softer Brexit , or as I prefer to call it , a Brexit in the national interest.  . I like the direction of travel and hopefully we'll see a manifesto containing amongst other things  :

1) a promise to abolish the triple lock on pensions 

2) do away with Osborne's daft tax lock , which as an example continues  the lunacy of the self employed still paying grossly  unfair rates of NI 

3) revisit the 12 billion foreign aid budget

4) a more pragmatic immigration policy after we leave the European project and the madness of free movement ( eg  " barrista visas " ) 

Yes it was a piece of political  opportunism , but you have to be politically  naive to condemn her - and those calling her a liar , hilarious - this is politics, get real !  . Thankfully the voters of the UK will have the commonsense to vote her back in . The alternative  ?  It doesn't bear thinking about 

The pound has been at 30 year low recently, so any high is respective of that. The majority of this country don't do 4 foreign holidays a year, thus who's interest us that in?

Higher Majority = softer brexit? Why does this seem completely opposite to what I see? To me it's; higher Majority = more damaging, less challenged hard brexit.

1) Fair cop but hardly a massive issue at current

2) tax overall needs looking at, not just NI. I want to see corporations paying fairly, I don't want to see conflict of interest with parliamentary peers.

3) Foreign aid? Seriously, what is the issue with foreign aid? Surely, if the majority are considering what they should or shouldn't sending around the world, it's bombs not aid? I'm not stupid enough to think that there are rationales for not supporting certain areas but how can charity be a concern of yours when we've got such serious concerns back home?

4) If I had a list of things important to me, immigration wouldn't even be in the top ten. How many million expats are potentially going to be forced to return through a hard brexit? That blows any "overcrowding" argument straight out of the water. Why do you think agreements with capital cities will stop the number of people who want to move here? 

A policy I want on immigration is to fix the issues at their cause, not just "send the buggers back"... it's a Phoenix Nights reference before anyone loses their minds.

I have to say it sums up the direction we are allowing people to take this country when we just "accept" lies from politicians as par for the course. WE pay them to represent us, and we laugh off their uturns?

Common sense? Give me a break. 

This election is irrelevant for me. I live in the Beast of Bolsovers district so cast iron Labour seat. However he is also staunchly against Europe and the people of the area followed him and overwhelming voted out.

So, for me, we will get a Labour seat with full brexit on top.

Archived